Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #101
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I think you may be the only person in this thread that is getting my point.

To bad ALOT more people don't get your point....LOL
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #102
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
If I could pay for daycare, gas and have $150 left overI'm there.

Good man.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:51 PM   #103
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,373
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
If I could pay for daycare, gas and have $150 left overI'm there.
I'll take a slice of that action!
Nuggets is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:01 AM   #104
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I think you may be the only person in this thread that is getting my point.
Thats kinda funny....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:50 AM   #105
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
So instead of taking a minimum wage job or job that you feel is below you, do you sit at home.
Not exactly, I have multiple part time jobs through the school district right now. My last one ended the last week of July (6 week summer program) and my other ones don't start until school starts, so will have gone about a month without a job. I don't think it's enough time to warrant getting a minimum wage job and then have to quite once school starts.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:54 AM   #106
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You renew your NABLA membership, because according to you they deserve the same consideration as a heterosexual couple, or has the Almighty Sova decided who can and can't be descriminated against.

Your one of the biggest racists, and biggots on this site.
You're a moron as well. Being homosexual and being a pedophile are two different things that apparently you can't grasp.

Great use of projection, btw. You are a racist and a bigot, therefore you project that onto me. That's been a great right wing exercise lately...
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 06:57 AM   #107
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
I think you may be the only person in this thread that is getting my point.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:00 AM   #108
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by traveller View Post
If I could pay for daycare, gas and have $150 left overI'm there.
Wouldn't it be worth the extra 150$ to be the one spending time with your children rather than the daycare person?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:43 AM   #109
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Wouldn't it be worth the extra 150$ to be the one spending time with your children rather than the daycare person?
Yeah, maybe he should consider which government handout program will allow him to do that
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:54 AM   #110
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
You're a moron as well. Being homosexual and being a pedophile are two different things that apparently you can't grasp.

Great use of projection, btw. You are a racist and a bigot, therefore you project that onto me. That's been a great right wing exercise lately...

I actually don't think there is a difference either. Both are Sexual Deviants. Just saying. If we allow Homosexuals to live the way we do, then really we should allow pedifiles to as well. I mean, thats just they way the were made right?


Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Wouldn't it be worth the extra 150$ to be the one spending time with your children rather than the daycare person?
Not if the Children couldn't eat food or live in a house. Spending time with your children is important, but being the provider for your whole family is even more so.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 08:20 AM   #111
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
I actually don't think there is a difference either. Both are Sexual Deviants. Just saying. If we allow Homosexuals to live the way we do, then really we should allow pedifiles to as well. I mean, thats just they way the were made right?




Not if the Children couldn't eat food or live in a house. Spending time with your children is important, but being the provider for your whole family is even more so.
So you see no difference in two consenting adult males or females engaging in a sexual relationship vs. an adult and a child in a sexual relationship? I know that you're not that messed up that you know the difference, you're just using your fancy slippery slope analogy. What's next chickens? Yup, you sir are also a moron.

also, he already said his wife makes enough to support the needs of the family. He obviously isn't starving.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:00 AM   #112
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Do your home work mike, it is founded on Christain values by our founding fathers that for the most part all but 5 or 6 were not Christains but believed in God.
Did you know that our leaders printed bibles and had it to be study material in our schools.
Did you also know that our leaders held church in the white house and prayed for hours before beginning the duties of the day.
I have heard somebody say you are a teacher?
And this you did not know or were willing to overlook because that would mean that you would have to recognize the existence of God.
This doesn't prove nor disprove the existence of your god at all. I don't know how you invented that logic (maybe the same way man invented the existence in the first plac).

The founding fathers did believe in a god. So what? They made it a point to ensure that people had the freedom to believe whatever they want. Your god is not mentioned anywhere in the constitution, so there is no direct link to the founding principals of this country and you god. If you have a link to an document upon which our country is founded that specifically states that the United States is based on your religion, I would like to see it.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #113
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,945
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
So you see no difference in two consenting adult males or females engaging in a sexual relationship vs. an adult and a child in a sexual relationship? I know that you're not that messed up that you know the difference, you're just using your fancy slippery slope analogy. What's next chickens? Yup, you sir are also a moron.

also, he already said his wife makes enough to support the needs of the family. He obviously isn't starving.
human sexuality is obviously complex. whenever people attempt to differentiate between sexual activity for procreation vs. recreation one heads down a slippery slope of various deviations.

there are video/picture/chat sites for virtually any and every bizarre fetish/deviation/perversion - and yes, to some of us man on man, woman on woman, is akin to all the other more extreme and obviously objectionable adult+child, and bestiality.

just because some weird fetishes and perversions may not harm an innocent, it does not make it any less weird, or objectionable when outside the norm as far as some of us are concerned.

from shoe fetish, foot fetish, belly button fetish, s&m, masochism, rubber clothing, scat, urine, femdom, hairy, furries, manga, hentai, bukkake, eels, donkey shows, to r osie odonnel - some of us honestly view it all as equally disturbing...

where is the line if you don't see the line where we do? you used the phrase consenting adult...

what exactly is that? especially since not even every state in the union has a uniform age of consent. should consent be codified in a legal agreement, or is a "take me now or lose me forever" statement sufficient? (had to quote Top Gun)
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:09 AM   #114
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandonjb View Post
Couldnt you have combined those 4 posts into one? This thread is about christian values in goverment. In my opinion church and state should be as far apart as possible. Because making decisions based on religious beliefs removes analsys and replaces it with closed mindedness.
I don't know how to embed multiple quotes in to one post. If you could enlighten me I would be happy to.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #115
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
With this post I have lost all respect for you. Share your own stuff, I've had to work too hard for mine.

If you just come out and say you believe in Socialism it would save alot of us time.
The problem here is that you have an either/or view. Just because I want to have some things work on what you might call a socialist principal, it doesn't mean I don't want capitalism and democracy, or a republic of individual rights. Look at so many other countries that have capitalist economies, democratic elections, and individual rights: they participate in world trade, stock markets, private-for profit businesses, multinational corporations, etc. Britain, Denmark, Belgium, Switzerland, France, Spain, Italy, Japan, etc. But they also have healthcare for everyone. Their public assistance programs for people out of work are also more effective than ours because they don't trap people in a Catch 22 of having to stay in it or go broke.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #116
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I don't know how to embed multiple quotes in to one post. If you could enlighten me I would be happy to.

I'd tell you how, but I don't know and I'm still learning to type...LMAO

Good morning.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:24 AM   #117
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
It was and is a Christian day of prayer, other religions, just that they do not believe as Christains do so no place for them. They have thier time to pray to themselves, but as a nation founded under christain values and princilples that is why. It says that in our courts on the walls, in our constitution, on our money it is all around us. No where does it say peace be to allah, they can do that in dearborn. I believe that a survey was done and about 80 % of americans call themselves christian.
Okay, here we go again. How are these principals exclusively christian? I am not a christian but I have the same values. That's what Humanism is all about. Same with Buddhism, and Hinduism, etc. Why do christians think they have a monopoly on good morals?

So if we have a day of christian prayer, that's fine, but if we're going to use the taxpayers facility to house the service then I think it only fair to provid the same service to all other religions that want it. Give them their day too.

The places where you see these things "all around us" became so long after the country was founded and ratified.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #118
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
With this post I have lost all respect for you. Share your own stuff, I've had to work too hard for mine.

If you just come out and say you believe in Socialism it would save alot of us time.
Oh, so you once respected me? R-r-r-r-r-i-i-i-i-i-ght
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:28 AM   #119
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You must have miss read the quote, I thought that socialist was when the government did it or supplied the program to help, what I said was that the people need to step up.
Re read my quote and get back to me
But the WE THE PEOPLE ARE THE GOVERNMENT, not some boggieman. Sheesh.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:31 AM   #120
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,758
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
human sexuality is obviously complex. whenever people attempt to differentiate between sexual activity for procreation vs. recreation one heads down a slippery slope of various deviations.

there are video/picture/chat sites for virtually any and every bizarre fetish/deviation/perversion - and yes, to some of us man on man, woman on woman, is akin to all the other more extreme and obviously objectionable adult+child, and bestiality.

just because some weird fetishes and perversions may not harm an innocent, it does not make it any less weird, or objectionable when outside the norm as far as some of us are concerned.

from shoe fetish, foot fetish, belly button fetish, s&m, masochism, rubber clothing, scat, urine, femdom, hairy, furries, manga, hentai, bukkake, eels, donkey shows, to r osie odonnel - some of us honestly view it all as equally disturbing...

where is the line if you don't see the line where we do? you used the phrase consenting adult...

what exactly is that? especially since not even every state in the union has a uniform age of consent. should consent be codified in a legal agreement, or is a "take me now or lose me forever" statement sufficient? (had to quote Top Gun)
I understand that you find them both objectionable, but you must admit there is a huge difference (and there is in our legal code) between the two. One is two consenting adults doing something in the privacy of their own home and the other is FUCKING A CHILD. If you don't see the difference, you are just as fucked up as a child molester.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:14 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.27735 seconds with 50 queries