Thoughts on the civilization - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #41
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 5,000
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I live near MSU. I was around when Obamalama visited. I can tell you that most people voted for him for one reason....




























HYPE

Stirring the pot is fun.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:28 PM   #42
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
http://www.infoplease.com/us/governm...e-summary.html

66.8 million votes for Obama 53%
58.3 million votes for McCain 46%

http://www.census.gov/population/www...s/tab01-01.xls

209 million people of voting age.

31.9% of the population voted for President Obama. That's slightly less than 1 in 3 people aged 18 or older. That is not the majority of America by any means.

Now continue on with your bigoted opinion of those who didn't vote for Obama.
Right. As 3-Foot does such a great job of illustrating and proving my point, the majority of the voters voted for Obama. Thanks 3-Foot.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:52 PM   #43
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Right. As 3-Foot does such a great job of illustrating and proving my point, the majority of the voters voted for Obama. Thanks 3-Foot.


A better way to phrase it.


The majority of those who chose to vote. And that is what it takes in this country to win.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:54 PM   #44
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
You're so wrong about me on so many counts. I'm 47, a household income around $150,000.00 yr., bills paid, credit scores over 800, highly skilled and marketable, always worked very hard all my life, and humble enough to mop floors if that's what I have to do to pay my bills, so you're way wrong there.

I appreciate all that this country has made possible for me, and I have served my country in the military, and I am serving my country now by trying to give something back. I have it made in the shade. Now I want to give a leg up to those that don't. Why? Because it's a lot like those "Christian values" you hypocrites keep spouting... You know, love thy neighbor, etc etc, which none of you do unless the neighbor is white and goes to your f*ing church.

"Young and lazy"??? Guess what? I campaigned for Obama and worked with, literally, thousands of other volunteers. They were people just like me, except varying colors, religions (or lack of them), sexual orientations, etc. I think that's what you and all these other antiObama assholes hate, is that the new world will accept people like that, which was why he was voted in with such a majority. By your logic (or lack of it) the majority of America (you know, the people that elected Obama?) are young and lazy. Wow... Does that REALLY seem like a logical statement to you?
I do not think it was the young and lazy that voted for obama, it was that obama had everybody fooled.
I have heard of some people that did vote for him say man was I fooled. So do not be ashamed that you made a mistake and voted for him get over it and do your homework next time around.
You need to look at his policies past and present, his voting record in congress. You cannot only place your vote for a candiate because he's cool or he is this or that, he promised this and promised that. All politicions lie to get votes. Policy, policy, policy
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:55 PM   #45
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
A better way to phrase it.


The majority of those who chose to vote. And that is what it takes in this country to win.
Agreed. And what's more, Obama was elected because of a grassroots campaign by individuals who gave their own money out of their own pockets, and spent their own time getting off their butts and off the forums, and hitting the streets and knocking on doors. Stop me when I get to the lazy part....
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:57 PM   #46
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
I do not think it was the young and lazy that voted for obama, it was that obama had everybody fooled.
I have heard of some people that did vote for him say man was I fooled. So do not be ashamed that you made a mistake and voted for him get over it and do your homework next time around.
You need to look at his policies past and present, his voting record in congress. You cannot only place your vote for a candiate because he's cool or he is this or that, he promised this and promised that. All politicions lie to get votes. Policy, policy, policy

Man, I know a lot of Republicans that regret voting for Bush both times as his second term wound down. And they went and voted for Obama based on policies and agenda rather than his popularity.

I also know a lot of people that have decided that changes in national policy and the effects of national policy do not happen over night.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #47
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
do not be ashamed that you made a mistake and voted for him get over it and do your homework next time around.
Exactly where did I express shame or that I made a mistake?

I think you are one of the more grounded people in this conversation because you use reason and logic instead of just insults. You even offer up statements that could lead to mutual ground, providing an opportunity for, at the very least, compromise; very different from some of the toespeople that just want to toesinsult and mishowjeepermake up shit about because they are pete-chell bent on a fight, even if a toescompromise could have been reached that might have mishowjeeperbeen better than either toesapproach might have been petecby itself.

When opposing viewpoints come together and actually want to SOLVE a problem, it's amazing what can come of it. If the desire is only to complain and fight and insult, the situation will only get worse. So everything you guys are complaining about are being exacerbated by you. At least we're looking for solutions.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:12 PM   #48
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Man, I know a lot of Republicans that regret voting for Bush both times as his second term wound down. And they went and voted for Obama based on policies and agenda rather than his popularity.

I also know a lot of people that have decided that changes in national policy and the effects of national policy do not happen over night.
Yeah, and Obama has been in office HOW LONG? and people are complaining? Please. Obama's promises have been tracked since he took office (politifact is one of many sources), and his record so far is:

Promises Kept - 34
Compromise -11
Promise Broken - 7
Stalled - 12
In the Works - 77
No action - 374

An he's only been there less than a year.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:25 PM   #49
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Agreed. And what's more, Obama was elected because of a grassroots campaign by individuals who gave their own money out of their own pockets, and spent their own time getting off their butts and off the forums, and hitting the streets and knocking on doors. Stop me when I get to the lazy part....

You are a hoot, you went from the majority of Americans put Obama in office to the majority of people voting ( which is not the same thing ) and presented it like it's what you said from the begining....

You just say anything.

You must be a legend in you own mind.

Just once for shits and giggles lets go back to where you started and show how full of shit you are....

You up for that. No big long twisted bullshit statement just yes or no
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:28 PM   #50
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Yeah, and Obama has been in office HOW LONG? and people are complaining? Please. Obama's promises have been tracked since he took office (politifact is one of many sources), and his record so far is:

Promises Kept - 34
Compromise -11
Promise Broken - 7
Stalled - 12
In the Works - 77
No action - 374

An he's only been there less than a year.

Obama Sucks Ass
Do you have slaming America in his promises kept?
Obama Sucks Ass
How about pushing socialism in his promises kept?
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:29 PM   #51
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=AGoodBuzz;1813538]Exactly where did I express shame or that I made a mistake?

I think you are one of the more grounded people in this conversation because you use reason and logic instead of just insults. You even offer up statements that could lead to mutual ground, providing an opportunity for, at the very least, compromise; very different from some of the toespeople that just want to toesinsult and mishowjeepermake up shit about because they are pete-chell bent on a fight, even if a toescompromise could have been reached that might have mishowjeeperbeen better than either toesapproach might have been petecby itself.

When opposing viewpoints come together and actually want to SOLVE a problem, it's amazing what can come of it. If the desire is only to complain and fight and insult, the situation will only get worse. So everything you guys are complaining about are being exacerbated by you. At least we're looking for solutions.[/QUOTE]
Wheres a copy of the original Birth Certificate?
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #52
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You are a hoot, you went from the majority of Americans put Obama in office to the majority of people voting ( which is not the same thing ) and presented it like it's what you said from the begining....

You just say anything.

You must be a legend in you own mind.

Just once for shits and giggles lets go back to where you started and show how full of shit you are....

You up for that. No big long twisted bullshit statement just yes or no
Heh heh... That really upset you, didn't it? That was way too easy.

So I stand corrected: it wasn't the majority of America, it was the majority of the people that voted (you know: "We the People"?). So while you're busy tearing me down, maybe you tell me how that changes anything.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 04:34 PM   #53
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[quote=Mr Toes;1813583]
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Exactly where did I express shame or that I made a mistake?

I think you are one of the more grounded people in this conversation because you use reason and logic instead of just insults. You even offer up statements that could lead to mutual ground, providing an opportunity for, at the very least, compromise; very different from some of the toespeople that just want to toesinsult and mishowjeepermake up shit about because they are pete-chell bent on a fight, even if a toescompromise could have been reached that might have mishowjeeperbeen better than either toesapproach might have been petecby itself.

When opposing viewpoints come together and actually want to SOLVE a problem, it's amazing what can come of it. If the desire is only to complain and fight and insult, the situation will only get worse. So everything you guys are complaining about are being exacerbated by you. At least we're looking for solutions.[/QUOTE]
Wheres a copy of the original Birth Certificate?
Why is he the first president to ever be asked? I don't want him to show it, and I wouldn't either. I'd show it to the proper authorities then excercise my right under the Privacy Act and tell eveyone else to kiss my ass. You seem to have it in your head that either he's duped countless government officials for decades, or worse, they're all part of a grand conspiracy, yet you aren't capable of believing 9/11 was an inside job?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:00 PM   #54
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,456
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
You're so wrong about me on so many counts. I'm 47, a household income around $150,000.00 yr., bills paid, credit scores over 800, highly skilled and marketable, always worked very hard all my life, and humble enough to mop floors if that's what I have to do to pay my bills, so you're way wrong there.

I appreciate all that this country has made possible for me, and I have served my country in the military, and I am serving my country now by trying to give something back. I have it made in the shade. Now I want to give a leg up to those that don't. Why? Because it's a lot like those "Christian values" you hypocrites keep spouting... You know, love thy neighbor, etc etc, which none of you do unless the neighbor is white and goes to your f*ing church.

"Young and lazy"??? Guess what? I campaigned for Obama and worked with, literally, thousands of other volunteers. They were people just like me, except varying colors, religions (or lack of them), sexual orientations, etc. I think that's what you and all these other antiObama assholes hate, is that the new world will accept people like that, which was why he was voted in with such a majority. By your logic (or lack of it) the majority of America (you know, the people that elected Obama?) are young and lazy. Wow... Does that REALLY seem like a logical statement to you?
You don't know how bad I want to be wrong in my judgement of Obama.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 05:45 PM   #55
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,130
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
: By your logic (or lack of it) the majority of America (you know, the people that elected Obama?) are young and lazy. Wow... Does that REALLY seem like a logical statement to you?
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Right. As 3-Foot does such a great job of illustrating and proving my point, the majority of the voters voted for Obama. Thanks 3-Foot.
I proved you wrong, again. It's all too easy.

Your implication was that the majority of Americans voted for Obama. I have shown that is not the case.

However if you'd like to clarify your statement to now say that the majority of voters, not Americans, voted for Obama then you are right but that isn't what you stated above (now in bold type).

Say what you mean and mean what you say. It's things like this that make me ignore the vast majority of your posts.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 07:07 PM   #56
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,259
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Exactly where did I express shame or that I made a mistake?

I think you are one of the more grounded people in this conversation because you use reason and logic instead of just insults. You even offer up statements that could lead to mutual ground, providing an opportunity for, at the very least, compromise; very different from some of the toespeople that just want to toesinsult and mishowjeepermake up shit about because they are pete-chell bent on a fight, even if a toescompromise could have been reached that might have mishowjeeperbeen better than either toesapproach might have been petecby itself.

When opposing viewpoints come together and actually want to SOLVE a problem, it's amazing what can come of it. If the desire is only to complain and fight and insult, the situation will only get worse. So everything you guys are complaining about are being exacerbated by you. At least we're looking for solutions.
Maybe I should rephrase that, you, in general is what I meant to say, Republicans turned Democrats by the lies of the left wing media about how Bush was the war monger, and the guy to give tax breaks for the rich and so on. Those are the ones which believe they were coned by the smooth taking, forked tounge Obama.
Thats what I meant, not you personally, you my friend are a democrat, I think, and no changing your mind, you will do that all on your own
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #57
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[quote=AGoodBuzz;1813595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

Why is he the first president to ever be asked? I don't want him to show it, and I wouldn't either. I'd show it to the proper authorities then excercise my right under the Privacy Act and tell eveyone else to kiss my ass. You seem to have it in your head that either he's duped countless government officials for decades, or worse, they're all part of a grand conspiracy, yet you aren't capable of believing 9/11 was an inside job?
These are your qoutes

When opposing viewpoints come together and actually want to SOLVE a problem, it's amazing what can come of it.

I don't want him to show it, and I wouldn't either. I'd show it to the proper authorities then excercise my right under the Privacy Act and tell eveyone else to kiss my ass.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #58
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[quote=AGoodBuzz;1813595]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

Why is he the first president to ever be asked? I don't want him to show it, and I wouldn't either. I'd show it to the proper authorities then excercise my right under the Privacy Act and tell all Americans to kiss my ass just like my socialistic hero Obama does. You seem to have it in your head that either he's duped countless government officials for decades, or worse, they're all part of a grand conspiracy, yet you aren't capable of believing 9/11 was an inside job?


Fixed it for ya, your welcome.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:13 PM   #59
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Heh heh... That really upset you, didn't it? That was way too easy.

So I stand corrected: it wasn't the majority of America, it was the majority of the people that voted (you know: "We the People"?). So while you're busy tearing me down, maybe you tell me how that changes anything.
Yeah it upset me, I don't want you looking like a dumb ass lying liberal f**k stick.

You seem to be working hard at trying to look like one.

Whats it change, just everything you said, yeah, not much.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 08:20 PM   #60
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
I proved you wrong, again. It's all too easy.

Your implication was that the majority of Americans voted for Obama. I have shown that is not the case.

However if you'd like to clarify your statement to now say that the majority of voters, not Americans, voted for Obama then you are right but that isn't what you stated above (now in bold type).

Say what you mean and mean what you say. It's things like this that make me ignore the vast majority of your posts.
Isn't it scary to think that AGB is representative of the liberals. How could anything ever be resolved when you can't get a straight answer, and they just say anything at all, truth or not, then deny they said it and come up with something totally different.

And we're trying to figure out why we are in trouble. Geezzzz
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:06 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.47304 seconds with 80 queries