For those that carry - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 18th, 2009, 12:48 PM   #61
diesels77
Hold on
 
diesels77's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-19-06
Location: Clayton, MI
Posts: 316
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Kimber pro covert ll
Galco owb at four o'clock
diesels77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:29 PM   #62
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
I'm curious....why is it that you think I need to have a specific occupation to be armed in order to protect myself should the occasion rise? Are you going to protect me? The police? I hope I never have to "pull my gun".

Since you would like to know, I work in an office in a not so great area that has an pretty good amount of foot traffic. I also leave the office and inspect the interiors of homes in an equally as wonderfiul local.
Chill. I Was just wondering. The conversation seemed to be going more and more toward the need for quick draw on the job, but in an office, so I was curious. You have to admit it was starting to sound kind of like that.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:49 PM   #63
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Chill. I Was just wondering. The conversation seemed to be going more and more toward the need for quick draw on the job, but in an office, so I was curious. You have to admit it was starting to sound kind of like that.
I would like to be able to have a quick access to my pistol every opportunity that I can. If I am at the office, in my vehicle, in bed, wherever.
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 02:50 PM   #64
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,664
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
I would like to be able to have a quick access to my pistol every opportunity that I can. If I am at the office, in my vehicle, in bed, wherever.
your ice pick too?
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 03:42 PM   #65
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,442
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

My husband likes a glock 19 I think. I have my permit but I dont want to carry because I wear my clothes tailored or fitted so printing is an issue for me. I also thought about putting one in my purse, but I fear that if I ever do have an issue it will more than likely be a purse snatching. I guess I'd rather loose my wallet and credit cards than give a bad guy a gun.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:03 PM   #66
Chief Brody
Get off my lawn.
 
Chief Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-06
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,688
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Let me get this straight...

With my CPL, I can legally carry a pistol on me (in a holster) when I'm just out and about such as walking the dog or going to the grocery store? And all it takes is a course and $100?
Chief Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:21 PM   #67
Porter
.........................
 
Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-07
Location: Romeo
Posts: 16,833
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Let me get this straight...

With my CPL, I can legally carry a pistol on me (in a holster) when I'm just out and about such as walking the dog or going to the grocery store? And all it takes is a course and $100?
Yupp.....concealed

NO churches, bars, schools, or places that hold 2500 or more though...

And of course your finger prints have to come back clean...and your record has to be clean.

Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:26 PM   #68
Chief Brody
Get off my lawn.
 
Chief Brody's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-02-06
Location: Kalamazoo
Posts: 3,688
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
Yupp.....concealed

NO churches, bars, schools, or places that hold 2500 or more though...

And of course your finger prints have to come back clean...and your record has to be clean.

Thanks for the quick response.

Another quick question... if you have your CPL, is there a difference between carrying a pistol on your belt with your shirt tucked in/behind the holster where it is clearly visable vs. it on your belt with your shirt OVER the holster/pistol?

Also, you can carry while driving, but you MUST inform the officer immediately when pulled over? Is that correct?
Chief Brody is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 09:43 PM   #69
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,083
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Thanks for the quick response.

Another quick question... if you have your CPL, is there a difference between carrying a pistol on your belt with your shirt tucked in/behind the holster where it is clearly visable vs. it on your belt with your shirt OVER the holster/pistol?

Also, you can carry while driving, but you MUST inform the officer immediately when pulled over? Is that correct?
I imagine having shirt tucked behind it is considered open carry, but it requires that the pistol be totally visible. You'd be better off just covering it up if you have the CPL. Less attention drawn to you.

And yes, inform the officer that you are a CPL holder right away whether you are carrying or not. If he goes back and finds that you have a CPL when he does his computer check, but didnt tell him, he might be a little less friendly. Even though you have to have a pretty much spotless record to get a CPL, they still dont like you to hide that kind of stuff from them.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 18th, 2009, 11:01 PM   #70
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,732
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I'm curious... What do you do for a living that you need to pull a gun?
You never know when you will have to defend yourself or an unarmed liberal douchebag.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 07:23 AM   #71
deuce228
Redneck Poser
 
deuce228's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: West Branch, MI
Posts: 7,971
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
I imagine having shirt tucked behind it is considered open carry, but it requires that the pistol be totally visible. You'd be better off just covering it up if you have the CPL. Less attention drawn to you.

And yes, inform the officer that you are a CPL holder right away whether you are carrying or not. If he goes back and finds that you have a CPL when he does his computer check, but didnt tell him, he might be a little less friendly. Even though you have to have a pretty much spotless record to get a CPL, they still dont like you to hide that kind of stuff from them.
It is interesting you can conceal carry in a vehicle but not open carry. The source of my info was posted in an open carry thread yesterday.
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #72
Porter
.........................
 
Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-07
Location: Romeo
Posts: 16,833
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default Hmmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Brody View Post
Also, you can carry while driving, but you MUST inform the officer immediately when pulled over? Is that correct?
Standard procedure is to just hand your CPL License over to him with your drivers license at the same time.

It's not needed to tell them if you are carrying or not, but it's common courtesy. I was asked right away last time.

I believe you must always have your CPL on you at all times, if carrying or not.
Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:32 AM   #73
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,635
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
It's not needed to tell them if you are carrying or not, but it's common courtesy.
Yes, it is.



Quote:
  • An individual licensed to carry a concealed pistol who is stopped by a police officer (traffic stop or otherwise) while in possession of a pistol shall immediately disclose to the police officer that he or she is carrying a concealed pistol either on their person or in their motor vehicle.
But you knew that, you were just testing us.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.

Last edited by XXXJ; August 19th, 2009 at 09:35 AM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 09:35 AM   #74
Porter
.........................
 
Porter's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-11-07
Location: Romeo
Posts: 16,833
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default Hmmmm

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
Yes, you are.
There's yer sign






I had planned on doing it anyway, but was asked before I could finish my sentence.
Porter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #75
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
You never know when you will have to defend yourself or an unarmed liberal douchebag.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 10:23 AM   #76
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,004
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

If the gun is actually visible, it is open carry in a holster. If the gun is behind clothing, even if the outline might be visible through a shirt, it is concealed.

Whenever the gun is inside a vehicle, it is considered concealed as the vehicle is the concealment.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:13 AM   #77
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,083
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by deuce228 View Post
It is interesting you can conceal carry in a vehicle but not open carry. The source of my info was posted in an open carry thread yesterday.
Actually, the last article I read stated that with a CPL, you can carry it concealed, or openly in a vehicle. I wish I could find it again though.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:17 AM   #78
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel2345 View Post
Actually, the last article I read stated that with a CPL, you can carry it concealed, or openly in a vehicle. I wish I could find it again though.
From what I understand, once you enter a vehicle it is considered concealed. It doesn't matter if it's strapped to your face or tucked gently beside your nutsack.
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 11:19 AM   #79
Rebel2345
NOT GL4x4SucksVideo guy.
 
Rebel2345's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-01-07
Location: MI
Posts: 3,083
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
From what I understand, once you enter a vehicle it is considered concealed. It doesn't matter if it's strapped to your face or tucked gently beside your nutsack.
Yep, thats pretty much how they said it.
Rebel2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 19th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #80
Lemur
i don't much care for you
 
Lemur's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-21-07
Location: Rochester Hills
Posts: 2,397
iTrader: (26)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Porter View Post
Standard procedure is to just hand your CPL License over to him with your drivers license at the same time.

It's not needed to tell them if you are carrying or not, but it's common courtesy. I was asked right away last time.

I believe you must always have your CPL on you at all times, if carrying or not.
I would double check on that if i were you. standard procedure is to announce to the officer right off the bat. "officer i have a concealed pistol permit and there is a handgun in the vehicle"

if you just hand the CPL to the officer with your license you will not like the outcome.
Lemur is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:00 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30713 seconds with 81 queries