For those that carry - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:10 AM   #21
Hacksaw
WWSD - What would stan do
 
Hacksaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Isle Of TREASURE, FL
Posts: 11,203
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

sig 226 in a waistband holster (small of back) alot of the time
Colt 1911 in a shoulder holster under a jacket (cooler weather, often times under leather jacket while riding the bike)
I also carry a Keltec P32 a lot of the time as a pocket gun, most of the time unless I'm out drinking (Read as: carrying a gun whilst intoxicated = illegal)

Couple others that I carry, but not as frequently as those above, those are the most comfortable for my frame and the ones I feel the most confident shooting (not that I am not confident with others, just that those are the ones I shoot the most)
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:25 AM   #22
curt1656
Praise the lowered
 
curt1656's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-26-07
Location: WTFWJD?
Posts: 2,926
iTrader: (24)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackSaw View Post
sig 226 in a waistband holster (small of back) alot of the time
Colt 1911 in a shoulder holster under a jacket (cooler weather, often times under leather jacket while riding the bike)
I also carry a Keltec P32 a lot of the time as a pocket gun, most of the time unless I'm out drinking (Read as: carrying a gun whilst intoxicated = illegal)

Couple others that I carry, but not as frequently as those above, those are the most comfortable for my frame and the ones I feel the most confident shooting (not that I am not confident with others, just that those are the ones I shoot the most)
Which one did you pistol whip me with? I can't remember and my lawyer needs the info?
curt1656 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 02:26 AM   #23
Hacksaw
WWSD - What would stan do
 
Hacksaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Isle Of TREASURE, FL
Posts: 11,203
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by curt1656 View Post
Which one did you pistol whip me with? I can't remember and my lawyer needs the info?
That was my single shot. Also known as a cocksmack.

See ya got the power bill paid and ya got them innernets back. Good to see.
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:06 AM   #24
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marine_mike View Post
If you want a 40...springfield XD sub. if 45 is more your flavor, 4" XD 45.
Thank you, but I am not looking for a firearm. I already carry a Kimber .45 CDP Pro (3in) II. And I did fire A LOT of pistols before I purchased. I have an incredibly small hand, the Kimber fits in my hand, fires smoothly and was the calibur I was looking for. I wish it carried more rounds, but I am in love none the less.

What I am looking for is a preferred carry method and the perfect holster for me. I'm not afraid to spend money on a quality item, espcially if it's partnering to potentially save my life.

70% of the time I carry is in my office, while I sit in my chair for most of the day. In the fall/wintertime I wear a boot that comes up close to the knee and I think I will get some sort of top of boot holster. I generally wear slacks and a thin sweater to work, so carrying at the waist is really difficult and the top of the boot is a very close proximity to my hand whilst positiioned a my desk.

Otherwise, it seems that the SOB will be best for me and when I need to deep conceal I'll have something for my ankle.
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 04:30 AM   #25
adamzr2
numero douce undela
 
adamzr2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-12-05
Location: GB/ out of a suitcase
Posts: 2,525
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

For some reason a woman pulling a gun out of her boot makes my pee pee tingly
adamzr2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #26
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,385
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Ruger P345 with a Desantis holster. Button down shirt as it is a waist holster.
tsaguy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:20 AM   #27
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,663
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

My former/sometimes girlfriend carries a Glock 19 at 4-5. She likes IWB but complains about it interferes with her marvelously beautiful shapely hips.
She usually uses OWB strong side. I have never seen her carry in a purse.

I like a summer special for my 3" 1911. Lately I've been bouncing between a fobus paddle and a Safariland belt slide.
The belt slide holds the gun high and tight. It's comfortable sitting or driving and is quick to draw.

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ
Armed? Always. You never know when you might run into someone that needs shooting
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:42 AM   #28
Hunter9
Not Right!
 
Hunter9's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-21-06
Location: 2 miles past BFE
Posts: 1,470
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

You say you carry at work and it made me think of something.
Can a company infringe on your right to carry and tell you that you cannot carry at work (if you did not tell them how would they know?)?
I understand that you cannot carry in certain buildings so those people I understand. But I'm talking regular retail, construction, office jobs, etc.
Hunter9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:21 AM   #29
revho
$9.00 vanilla malt
 
revho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: beaverdam, mi
Posts: 2,490
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
You say you carry at work and it made me think of something.
Can a company infringe on your right to carry and tell you that you cannot carry at work (if you did not tell them how would they know?)?
I understand that you cannot carry in certain buildings so those people I understand. But I'm talking regular retail, construction, office jobs, etc.
Yes. My company by laws say no fire arms on your person, in your car, or on the property. The laws also state by signing on with the company, you give up the rights to be searched on your person, your your work area, or your vehicle at any time with probable cause.

Office Job.

Last edited by revho; August 15th, 2009 at 10:31 AM.
revho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:43 AM   #30
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,260
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I've never carried a gun in my life (outside of the military) and lived in and walked the streets of some pretty bad neighborhoods. Never had a problem I couldn't see coming and avoid (other than cops). HOWEVER, I do like guns and one day want to buy one, so this is interesting to read. I have no idea what most of you are talking about, but I'm interested in knowing more.

So after I take the gun safety courses and go out with someone who knows WTF they're doing, how much can I expect to spend on a nice handgun?
You can figure on 5 to 7 hundred dollars for a good gun, new, used maybe less. Sig Saur makes good weapons, comfortable to carry, I carry a p232
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:51 AM   #31
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i carry a Ruger SuperBlackhawk, heavy, not comfortable and makes my pants fall down.
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:54 AM   #32
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,260
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blazin_wheeler View Post
i carry a Ruger SuperBlackhawk, heavy, not comfortable and makes my pants fall down.
You try a belt?
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:56 AM   #33
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You try a belt?
yeah that with the belt
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:38 AM   #34
JeepRat
Infidel
 
JeepRat's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Clarkston
Posts: 492
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
Thank you, but I am not looking for a firearm. I already carry a Kimber .45 CDP Pro (3in) II. And I did fire A LOT of pistols before I purchased. I have an incredibly small hand, the Kimber fits in my hand, fires smoothly and was the calibur I was looking for. I wish it carried more rounds, but I am in love none the less.

What I am looking for is a preferred carry method and the perfect holster for me. I'm not afraid to spend money on a quality item, espcially if it's partnering to potentially save my life.

70% of the time I carry is in my office, while I sit in my chair for most of the day. In the fall/wintertime I wear a boot that comes up close to the knee and I think I will get some sort of top of boot holster. I generally wear slacks and a thin sweater to work, so carrying at the waist is really difficult and the top of the boot is a very close proximity to my hand whilst positiioned a my desk.

Otherwise, it seems that the SOB will be best for me and when I need to deep conceal I'll have something for my ankle.
CDP pro is a 4" barrel and the Ultra is a 3". 1911s carry very well in the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Its going to run 100+ but its well worth it. http://miltsparks.com
JeepRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 11:49 AM   #35
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JeepRat View Post
CDP pro is a 4" barrel and the Ultra is a 3". 1911s carry very well in the Milt Sparks Versa Max 2. Its going to run 100+ but its well worth it. http://miltsparks.com
I'm sorry, I have the ultra. Posting at 4:30 in the morning after drinking heavily has it's drawbacks.
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:01 PM   #36
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I laugh at people that say shit is comfortable to carry. No gun is comfortable, period. Some are more tolerable than others and that is the truth. And if you are carrying in a bullshit ankle holster or something like that, then just throw your shit away because it does you no good. The pistol you choose to carry for whatever reason you think you need to just needs to work and be available when needed. So your ultra high dollar shinny name brand pistol concealed in an area that is not easy accessible is worthless.
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:03 PM   #37
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter9 View Post
You say you carry at work and it made me think of something.
Can a company infringe on your right to carry and tell you that you cannot carry at work (if you did not tell them how would they know?)?
I understand that you cannot carry in certain buildings so those people I understand. But I'm talking regular retail, construction, office jobs, etc.
I work in a small office with no employee handbook and no posted signage regarding firearms. I could choose to carry without speaking to my employer about it, until he told me otherwise or officially made rules. Fortunately, my employer has no problem with us being armed. My office has a decent amount of ghetto foot traffic and is situated near a bus stop and a hood party store, he feels better knowing that we aren't sitting ducks.
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #38
SweetLeah
<3's Ridin' Dirty
 
SweetLeah's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Oakland County
Posts: 2,869
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Hancho View Post
I laugh at people that say shit is comfortable to carry. No gun is comfortable, period. Some are more tolerable than others and that is the truth. And if you are carrying in a bullshit ankle holster or something like that, then just throw your shit away because it does you no good. The pistol you choose to carry for whatever reason you think you need to just needs to work and be available when needed. So your ultra high dollar shinny name brand pistol concealed in an area that is not easy accessible is worthless.
Thank you for your input. I agree that there are degrees of comfortable when it comes to carrying, which is exactly why I am asking these questions. I'm looking to see what people find MOST comfortable to carry.

I beg to differ. Carrying at the ankle is not bullshit. It's certainly not ideal, but I would rather have something than nothing at all. I think it's FAR better than carrying in my purse, which is the most likely to get stolen.

Do you agree that carrying at the top of my boot while seated would be accessible? Consider that the boot comes up to JUST below the knee. If not, where do you feel is most comfortable and accessible for sitting for long periods of time?

Regarding my ultra high dollar shiny name brand pistol: If you shot many MANY firearms and kept coming back to one that fit best in your freakishly small hand and felt just right when you fired it, would you choose not to purchase it because it cost you a few more of your jew dollars than you were looking to spend?
SweetLeah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #39
4Bangler
Jackstand Wheeler
 
4Bangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-19-06
Location: Alpena, Mi
Posts: 1,116
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I carry a '62 East German Makarov, 9x18, in an Uncle Mike's inside the waistband holster that won't fit with my....um....body type, but it clips nicely along the seatbelt latch in my truck, so it stays there pretty much everyday. I have yet to find a holster I can carry on my person without being obvious, but I'm still looking.

G/F has a Ruger LCP .380 but doesn't carry it very often...I would just carry that in my pocket but ammo is stupidly hard to get for it.
__________________
(37) Jeeps and counting....a couple of them run, kinda.
4Bangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 12:55 PM   #40
Christmas Cookie
rack tap re-rack click
 
Christmas Cookie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,530
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by SweetLeah View Post
Thank you for your input. I agree that there are degrees of comfortable when it comes to carrying, which is exactly why I am asking these questions. I'm looking to see what people find MOST comfortable to carry.

I beg to differ. Carrying at the ankle is not bullshit. It's certainly not ideal, but I would rather have something than nothing at all. I think it's FAR better than carrying in my purse, which is the most likely to get stolen.

Do you agree that carrying at the top of my boot while seated would be accessible? Consider that the boot comes up to JUST below the knee. If not, where do you feel is most comfortable and accessible for sitting for long periods of time?

Regarding my ultra high dollar shiny name brand pistol: If you shot many MANY firearms and kept coming back to one that fit best in your freakishly small hand and felt just right when you fired it, would you choose not to purchase it because it cost you a few more of your jew dollars than you were looking to spend?
The only time it is okay to carry on the ankle is when you have something else in an area that you can get to quickly, other than that there is no reason what so ever to anything on your ankle. And you people really crack me up with this comfort tihng...pistols are tolerable at best. I hate fucking lugging those things around. Do yourself a favor and get a inside the waist band holster and call it good. Or better yet something with a clip on it so you dont even need a holster. Accessiblity is the key, without that you might as well not have anything, because it's already too late

that made me laugh
Christmas Cookie is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:17 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.37506 seconds with 81 queries