how should i deal with thieves - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #1
sQUEAK003
Irish R&B Singer
 
sQUEAK003's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Monroe (work in Ann Arbor)
Posts: 4,789
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default how should i deal with thieves

this is going to sound ridiculous but here it goes

so i just got a call from the g/f saying that someone took our laundry basket, which has our apt number written on it.
last week someone took her bikini top and a sports bra out of the dryer and left the rest of the cloths.
there are 16 apts in my building that have to share 2 washers and 2 dryers.
we haven't figured out who is doing it yet, for all i know its 2 different people.
when caught how should i handle this??
i've never dealt with anything like this before.
we have been living there for 6 months now without issues.
__________________
'09 "Sparkly Tan" Jeep Patriot

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/306663.png

CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK_4xCustoms View Post
cunt punt, it's like a reset switch for women.
sQUEAK003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:25 PM   #2
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

hide in the laundry room until they try to steal and then shoot 'em in the head?










edit: actually a hidden mini cam should do the trick
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:28 PM   #3
redline8300
Redline8300
 
redline8300's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-14-07
Location: Now Schererville, IN
Posts: 243
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I agree with hiding in the in the laundry room, but instead cram them into the clothes dryer and turn it on. Slow and painful, they will learn their lesson.
redline8300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:30 PM   #4
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,516
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:31 PM   #5
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 17,281
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

I don't know how you should deal with the thief.
I will suggest that if caught you not ask for her bikini topand bra back...
who knows whats on them *shudders*
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:35 PM   #6
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,254
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Post a note in the laundry room stating that there is a thief helping themselve to items that do not belong to them. See if other people have noticed the same. It should narrow the gap as to who it may be, then talk to the manager of the building
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:36 PM   #7
prozak1986
Senior Member
 
prozak1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-09
Location: dearborn heights
Posts: 1,068
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i lived in an apt about a year ago and had the same issue , some guy acussed my girl of using there washer and dryer and cussed her out ( the apt complex alowed you to have your own personal washer and dyer ) but they was all in the same basement ( she wasnt using it the people who lived next to us were ) so one day they poured coffee on our clothes ( while we was using the washer and driers we were supose to be using ) so i didnt say anything to them i just let it slide and one day just cut the cords off there washer and drier ( while they were running ) and stole the knobs off them and poured about a gallon of bleach in the washer , verry funny , they never said anything to us after that ......... just a few thoughts if you ever find out who did it
prozak1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:37 PM   #8
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,672
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak1986 View Post
i lived in an apt about a year ago and had the same issue , some guy acussed my girl of using there washer and dryer and cussed her out ( the apt complex alowed you to have your own personal washer and dyer ) but they was all in the same basement ( she wasnt using it the people who lived next to us were ) so one day they poured coffee on our clothes ( while we was using the washer and driers we were supose to be using ) so i didnt say anything to them i just let it slide and one day just cut the cords off there washer and drier ( while they were running ) and stole the knobs off them and poured about a gallon of bleach in the washer , verry funny , they never said anything to us after that ......... just a few thoughts if you ever find out who did it
thats a good story
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:49 PM   #9
prozak1986
Senior Member
 
prozak1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-09-09
Location: dearborn heights
Posts: 1,068
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

true story , and a little while after that our power went out in our apt so i go in the basement and out breakers are off ( not popped but there flipped off ) , they knew i had tons of fish tank stuff and a new baby so they tried to be dick heads , so i took my heavy duty wire cutters and cut the wires compleatly going into there box , i think they moved out shortly after that
prozak1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 07:56 PM   #10
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If I knew where my wireless camera was, I would let you borrow it. For $70 or so you can get a field camera for hunting. Just conceal it somewhere in the laundry room.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:04 PM   #11
Marine_mike
SNSHTF
 
Marine_mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-08
Location: Mount Clemens/MI
Posts: 1,946
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
If I knew where my wireless camera was, I would let you borrow it. For $70 or so you can get a field camera for hunting. Just conceal it somewhere in the laundry room.
Good call.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I like you Mike.
Marine_mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:07 PM   #12
sQUEAK003
Irish R&B Singer
 
sQUEAK003's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Monroe (work in Ann Arbor)
Posts: 4,789
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

wouldn't that be illegal to video tape someone without their knowlege????
i know here at work we have to have a small sticker on at least one of our entrances saying that we are under video surveillance.....
__________________
'09 "Sparkly Tan" Jeep Patriot

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/306663.png

CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK_4xCustoms View Post
cunt punt, it's like a reset switch for women.
sQUEAK003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:14 PM   #13
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,549
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

What you're dealing with is a sexual deviate. He may be a cross-dresser or he may be jerking off on the clothes. This could be a serious situation. I would contact the police and ask them to come and take a police report. I would let management know. I would check on the internet and see how many and where any sex offenders are in your neighborhood (maybe there's one in your apartment building).

I've seen this type of thing a thousand times and it's always some sick bastard stealing womens clothing and/or undergarments for their sick sexual desires.

I would be concerned for your girlfriend's safety until you can get this resolved. Seriously. Does she have a CPL? If not, think about it.

When the police come out ask them to check and see if there have been any other similar crimes in the area or any unsolved rapes or attempted rapes, window peekings etc.

Is your apartment building secure so that only tenants can get in and out? What floor is your apartment on? Ground floor? You may already be the target of a window peeker. These types of things go hand in hand.

If you want to talk to me privately about this, PM me.
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:19 PM   #14
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 17,281
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post

I've seen this type of thing a thousand times and it's always some sick bastard stealing womens clothing and/or undergarments, for their sick sexual desires.

I would be concerned for your girlfriend's safety until you can get this resolved. Seriously. Does she have a CPL? If not, think about it.

When the police come out ask them to check and see if there have been any other similar crimes in the area or any unsolved rapes or attempted rapes, window peekings etc.

Is your apartment building secure so that only tenants can get in and out? What floor is your apartment on? Ground floor? You may already be the target of a window peeker. These types of things go hand in hand.

If you want to talk to me privately about this, PM me.
Best reply and advice you could take.
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:29 PM   #15
sQUEAK003
Irish R&B Singer
 
sQUEAK003's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Monroe (work in Ann Arbor)
Posts: 4,789
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
What you're dealing with is a sexual deviate. He may be a cross-dresser or he may be jerking off on the clothes. This could be a serious situation. I would contact the police and ask them to come and take a police report. I would let management know. I would check on the internet and see how many and where any sex offenders are in your neighborhood (maybe there's one in your apartment building).

I've seen this type of thing a thousand times and it's always some sick bastard stealing womens clothing and/or undergarments for their sick sexual desires.

I would be concerned for your girlfriend's safety until you can get this resolved. Seriously. Does she have a CPL? If not, think about it.

When the police come out ask them to check and see if there have been any other similar crimes in the area or any unsolved rapes or attempted rapes, window peekings etc.

Is your apartment building secure so that only tenants can get in and out? What floor is your apartment on? Ground floor? You may already be the target of a window peeker. These types of things go hand in hand.

If you want to talk to me privately about this, PM me.
its weird that you say this.....
2 weeks ago i was walking in from work and a guy stopped me in the hall to let me know that a "sexual predator" lives on the bottom floor in the building and to let my g/f know. so i told the g/f and pulled out 3 extra mags for my shotgun and loaded em up for a quick toss into the shotty. i searched online and couldn't find nothing.

she refuses to get a cpl because shes against violence (shes getting her masters in social work from u of m right now) but shes ok if i get one.

we are on the top floor and the building is locked only accessible by tenants. the basement (where the washers and dryers are) are also locked using a sep. key from the main building keys. but all of this isn't going to help if the person lives in the building.

is there any way you can do a search online to find out what crimes have been reported in the area??
__________________
'09 "Sparkly Tan" Jeep Patriot

http://badges.fuelly.com/images/smallsig-us/306663.png

CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK_4xCustoms View Post
cunt punt, it's like a reset switch for women.
sQUEAK003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:39 PM   #16
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 17,281
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Did you use this site?
http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/
It may take some looking, but all you really need is the zip code.
...unless hes not registered
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:41 PM   #17
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,549
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Ongoing crimes would be in the police department's records system . Call the police and file a report. They will take a larceny report or a suspicious activity report and if the reporting officer doesn't know of any crimes in the area or isn't sure, ask that a detective call you later.
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:44 PM   #18
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,549
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

http://www.mipsor.state.mi.us/

Sex offender search. Do a search by zip code and see if you recognize anyone or if their address is close to you.
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 08:49 PM   #19
C.K.
Dont Feed the Cyco
 
C.K.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 48386
Posts: 17,301
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by prozak1986 View Post
true story , and a little while after that our power went out in our apt so i go in the basement and out breakers are off ( not popped but there flipped off ) , they knew i had tons of fish tank stuff and a new baby so they tried to be dick heads , so i took my heavy duty wire cutters and cut the wires compleatly going into there box , i think they moved out shortly after that
You are from Taylor. Shocker.
C.K. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 09:13 PM   #20
Sandals
Fucking Zen as Shit
 
Sandals's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lindenhurst, IL
Posts: 15,423
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
What you're dealing with is a sexual deviate. He may be a cross-dresser or he may be jerking off on the clothes. This could be a serious situation. I would contact the police and ask them to come and take a police report. I would let management know. I would check on the internet and see how many and where any sex offenders are in your neighborhood (maybe there's one in your apartment building).

I've seen this type of thing a thousand times and it's always some sick bastard stealing womens clothing and/or undergarments for their sick sexual desires.

I would be concerned for your girlfriend's safety until you can get this resolved. Seriously. Does she have a CPL? If not, think about it.

When the police come out ask them to check and see if there have been any other similar crimes in the area or any unsolved rapes or attempted rapes, window peekings etc.

Is your apartment building secure so that only tenants can get in and out? What floor is your apartment on? Ground floor? You may already be the target of a window peeker. These types of things go hand in hand.

If you want to talk to me privately about this, PM me.
F'ing rayray at it again.

keep your jeep locked squeak he'll be motorboating in it every chance he gets
Sandals is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:36 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.28283 seconds with 80 queries