Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old August 9th, 2009, 01:18 PM   #1
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default !!Need Mechanic in Canton Area!!

Screw it. I have too much on my plate to mess with this. I need a competent mechanic in the Canton area.

I changed my D44 front diff axle seals (yes, I pulled the carrier out and everything) and when I put it back together the Front Lock light keeps blinking, even with the key out of the ignition. I opened the case back up and checked the locker for binding, etc. and it seems fine, but who the F* knows what else could be wrong, and I'm way too busy to mess with it any more. I am reluctantly admitting that I need help.

It's a 2004 Rubicon. I need a competent diff/air locker mechanic. Preferably someone with references from this site. If I don't hear anything by Monday night I'm having it towed to the dealer.

Please call: (734) 560-7226 - Dennis

Of course, I pay cash. I should have all the tools you need.

~D~

Last edited by AGoodBuzz; August 9th, 2009 at 02:09 PM.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 03:14 PM   #2
04 EDGE
Floor Shift Maddness!
 
04 EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: Westland Mi
Posts: 1,372
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 04 EDGE
Default

the first thing i would do is see if there is any codes. body control module, 4x4 module?

i think my scanner can do this.
04 EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 06:28 PM   #3
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 04 EDGE View Post
the first thing i would do is see if there is any codes. body control module, 4x4 module?

i think my scanner can do this.
Thanks for the response. I have an OBD I&II computer, and can check that, but I believe it is probably a mechanical issue. There was no problem until I pulled the whole carrier and locker assembly out to change the seals, and after I put it back in the problem started.

If I can pay someone who knows to come check it out, I'd have the covers off, axles pulled, beer cold, and everything ready to go. Otherwise I ship it to the dealer. This seems more critical than most repairs that I would normally do.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 08:50 PM   #4
04 EDGE
Floor Shift Maddness!
 
04 EDGE's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: Westland Mi
Posts: 1,372
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 04 EDGE
Default

well if you can access the proper module with your scanner you should be able to retrieve codes as to why the light is flashing. that will point you in the right direction.
04 EDGE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 9th, 2009, 09:07 PM   #5
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Screw it. I have too much on my plate to mess with this. I need a competent mechanic in the Canton area.

I changed my D44 front diff axle seals (yes, I pulled the carrier out and everything) and when I put it back together the Front Lock light keeps blinking, even with the key out of the ignition. I opened the case back up and checked the locker for binding, etc. and it seems fine, but who the F* knows what else could be wrong, and I'm way too busy to mess with it any more. I am reluctantly admitting that I need help.

It's a 2004 Rubicon. I need a competent diff/air locker mechanic. Preferably someone with references from this site. If I don't hear anything by Monday night I'm having it towed to the dealer.

Please call: (734) 560-7226 - Dennis

Of course, I pay cash. I should have all the tools you need.

~D~

Cash For Clunkers, go to the Toyota dealer on Mi ave they'll give you 4500 for it....LOL
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 10th, 2009, 06:24 AM   #6
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Cash For Clunkers, go to the Toyota dealer on Mi ave they'll give you 4500 for it....LOL
That's about how I feel right now too. Pulled the carrier out twice and looked it over and put it back in and same f*ing problem...

I need someone to show me once. I can have it all pulled apart and ready. I pay CA$H!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:58 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.09622 seconds with 22 queries