Big Red Tracker (CAGE DONE!) wohoo - Page 5 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Rig Builds and Pics Introduce your rig or post a buildup here.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:12 PM   #81
Bryan
Senior Member
 
Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Location: Holly,MI
Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

lol i see why you hang out with 95geo
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:19 PM   #82
95geo
newbie
 
95geo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: dryden
Posts: 5,777
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
lol i see why you hang out with 95geo
We're related?

so let me get this straight, if there is a B hoop it makes it a "cage" but if there isnt then it's a worthless death trap?
95geo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:22 PM   #83
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 22,329
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 27 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
lol i see why you hang out with 95geo
Who me? I don't hang out with him at all. I haven't seen him in months, have never seen his buggy build, nothing.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:24 PM   #84
Bones
skillicous
 
Bones's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Dearborn Heights, MI
Posts: 11,563
iTrader: (37)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Bones
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 95geo View Post
We're related?

so let me get this straight, if there is a B hoop it makes it a "cage" but if there isnt then it's a worthless death trap?
a b hoop isnt a cage, but it might help you from neck compression in another roll. Jim was lucky to walk away from the first one, I don't know why you would even think that if the new one rolled, the outcome would be the same. He was lucky, no question. You won the lotto once, don't be stupid.
__________________
Inviscid Motorsports

Special Thanks and Recommendations to;
Motorcity Machines
Ironman Offroad
Branik Motorsports
Maxxis Tires

Raceline Wheels
PAC Racing Springs
Joint Clutch and Gear
Bones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 02:58 PM   #85
kixx007
Certified Ypsilantian
 
kixx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-06
Location: Not Metamora, Mi
Posts: 4,466
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bones View Post
a b hoop isnt a cage, but it might help you from neck compression in another roll. Jim was lucky to walk away from the first one, I don't know why you would even think that if the new one rolled, the outcome would be the same. He was lucky, no question. You won the lotto once, don't be stupid.
Back in about 87-88 my mom was rolling down US-12 in Saline. Some asshole blew a stop sign, side swiped her van, forced it over a curb where it rolled, slid about 100 ft on its roof, looked the same as the Tracker. Her and my brother walked away. Minor bumps and scrapes. Bought a new van off to replace the wrecked one, same damn van pretty much.. Nobody insisted on a cage. In fact she has had 3 or 4 more since then, no cages, no rollovers. So lets shut the fukc up about the cage..

Oh and yes, mom wants 60's in the van now.
kixx007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:00 PM   #86
Bryan
Senior Member
 
Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Location: Holly,MI
Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb8ymf View Post
(Is that a money back gurantee! ) Interesting statement Bryan. I would be interested to see the facts used to back that up. Does wheeling only count if it's an 8 or above rated trail? Of only if someone rolls on your ride? Or is it only in competition? I'm not saying who's wheeled more but I really find your statement interesting seeing's how you haven't the faintest idea where I've been wheeling for the last 35 years. At this point it's probably easier to tell you where I HAVEN'T been.
P.S. My first Jeep was 1954 CJ3B bought in 1974.
j-kb8ymf
1st i was more picking on geoboy then you , he has a bad way to explaining stuff he come off really arrogant , yes i call Wheeling 1-10 trail 8 and up is wheeling to me if your not putting your self and the rig your driving in the most changeling stuff . and doing what ever it takes to get threw it , that what i call Wheeling climbing water falls 30 ft 75 degrees going over boulders the size of small house and dropping off stuff that might cause major kart wheeling . and I'm not saying I'm bad ass at all i just love Wheeling and love taking $hit , so don't take any a fence to it
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:04 PM   #87
Bryan
Senior Member
 
Bryan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-22-06
Location: Holly,MI
Posts: 200
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

so lets start the build , i want pic's and if you have to kick geoboys shit out do so , year is to long any way
Bryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:07 PM   #88
kixx007
Certified Ypsilantian
 
kixx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-06
Location: Not Metamora, Mi
Posts: 4,466
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
1st i was more picking on geoboy then you , he has a bad way to explaining stuff he come off really arrogant , yes i call Wheeling 1-10 trail 8 and up is wheeling to me if your not putting your self and the rig your driving in the most changeling stuff . and doing what ever it takes to get threw it , that what i call Wheeling climbing water falls 30 ft 75 degrees going over boulders the size of small house and dropping off stuff that might cause major kart wheeling . and I'm not saying I'm bad ass at all i just love Wheeling and love taking $hit , so don't take any a fence to it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bryan View Post
so lets start the build , i want pic's and if you have to kick geoboys shit out do so , year is to long any way
Fuck, deciphering your posts is like a trail elevendy.
kixx007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:17 PM   #89
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kixx007 View Post
Back in about 87-88 my mom was rolling down US-12 in Saline. Some asshole blew a stop sign, side swiped her van, forced it over a curb where it rolled, slid about 100 ft on its roof, looked the same as the Tracker. Her and my brother walked away. Minor bumps and scrapes. Bought a new van off to replace the wrecked one, same damn van pretty much.. Nobody insisted on a cage. In fact she has had 3 or 4 more since then, no cages, no rollovers. So lets shut the fukc up about the cage..

Oh and yes, mom wants 60's in the van now.
Please no minivan stories in rig builds.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 12th, 2009, 03:46 PM   #90
kixx007
Certified Ypsilantian
 
kixx007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-06
Location: Not Metamora, Mi
Posts: 4,466
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
Please no minivan stories in rig builds.

Its a chrysler, I was hoping scottie would read it and get aroused.
kixx007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #91
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,793
iTrader: (58)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kixx007 View Post
Oh and yes, mom wants 60's in the van now.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:03 PM   #92
Broncoholic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Default

^^^That thing def. needs a hippie cage^^^^
  Reply With Quote
Old August 13th, 2009, 11:06 PM   #93
Ridin Dirty
kixx007 wants to be me
 
Ridin Dirty's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-11-07
Location: Metamora,Mi.
Posts: 8,938
iTrader: (149)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

For the love of God... can he just build his tracker? Honestly, this site has more "experts" than I ever would have known. If you don't think it's safe, don't ever get in it, problem solved.
__________________
"It's all good. We've caught a lot nicer shit than this on fire"
Ridin Dirty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 12:20 AM   #94
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,398
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

I think a patented exo cage may need to be factored in here..
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #95
benny87
Young Gun..!
 
benny87's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-03-06
Location: Waterford
Posts: 2,970
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
For the love of God... can he just build his tracker? Honestly, this site has more "experts" than I ever would have known. If you don't think it's safe, don't ever get in it, problem solved.
x100000000000000000

Stop with the cage BS.
benny87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 14th, 2009, 11:52 AM   #96
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ridin Dirty View Post
For the love of God... can he just build his tracker? Honestly, this site has more "experts" than I ever would have known. If you don't think it's safe, don't ever get in it, problem solved.
Put your shit on the internet, you are going to get attention. Some positive, some negative. Do dumb shit, and people are going to tell you that you are a dumbshit.

Quote:
Originally Posted by benny87 View Post
x100000000000000000

Stop with the cage BS.
Bump for a cage.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:48 AM   #97
Haggar
Covered in mud...
 
Haggar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Oxford, MI
Posts: 17,793
iTrader: (58)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by KartRacer View Post
Put your shit on the internet, you are going to get attention. Some positive, some negative..
Yes, but in this case, you've got someone who's been doing it for a long time, and knows what he does and doesn't want/need for what he does.

Jim's not a short guy, and it would be tough to get a good interior cage safely in there, with enough clearance that you won't put your head into in in a side roll.

Never had a cage in my toyota, just a B-pillar hoop(from pipe, no less....). Survived several rolls in that truck.
Haggar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #98
hosejockey4506
Visiting Admin
 
hosejockey4506's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: fenton
Posts: 8,848
iTrader: (43)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haggar View Post

Never had a cage in my toyota, just a B-pillar hoop(from pipe, no less....). Survived several rolls in that truck.

no way you rolled a truck all the way over with just a b pillar and it survived maybe a very light flop

Last edited by hosejockey4506; August 15th, 2009 at 04:49 PM.
hosejockey4506 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 15th, 2009, 09:55 PM   #99
Fullsize4life
Kicking Cancers ASS
 
Fullsize4life's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-06
Location: Hart, Mi (next to silver lake)
Posts: 18,754
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If you wheel hard enough to have 60s under it then a cage should be part of the build. I know it has been said alot but this is just my opinion. I dont care if you even read this.
Fullsize4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 21st, 2010, 07:18 PM   #100
Xj Wheeler
Lifted Silverado :)
 
Xj Wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-28-09
Location: Lapeer Michigan
Posts: 1,361
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Xj Wheeler
Default

Wow this old but any pics?
Xj Wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Rig Builds and Pics

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:35 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30432 seconds with 81 queries