Petition RE: Universal Health care - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 6th, 2009, 11:53 AM   #1
Hacksaw
WWSD - What would stan do
 
Hacksaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Isle Of TREASURE, FL
Posts: 11,204
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default Petition RE: Universal Health care

This is a petition AGAINST socialist health care.

Sign it or you're a dirty hippy.

http://www.petition2congress.com/2/2159/
Hacksaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:02 PM   #2
cglenn
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 09-12-06
Location: .
Posts: 5,719
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Your vote for this legislation will insure that:

1. Wait times for care will increase
2. Health Care will be rationed
3. Patient choice will be diminished
4. Overall Care will diminish
I'm confused?
cglenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:23 PM   #3
BeaverTown
Cuck Fancer
 
BeaverTown's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-19-09
Location: Hemlock, MI
Posts: 1,304
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BeaverTown
Default

I did my part!
BeaverTown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:26 PM   #4
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I haven't been following the whole health care thing. I guess I didn't think about it, because me and mine get military provided health care. I had heard something about giving healthare to illegals, is that true??
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:38 PM   #5
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonfrnk View Post
I haven't been following the whole health care thing. I guess I didn't think about it, because me and mine get military provided health care. I had heard something about giving healthare to illegals, is that true??

No
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:39 PM   #6
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by HackSaw View Post
This is a petition AGAINST socialist health care.

Sign it or you're a dirty hippy.

http://www.petition2congress.com/2/2159/

Dirt Hippy here

Go to the Politics forum to see some debate and information, including this, the House plan that the talking heads often refer to with innacurate information.

http://waysandmeans.house.gov/media/...CA09001xml.pdf

Educate yourself then choose.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #7
Frank01TJ
Senior Member
 
Frank01TJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-29-09
Location: Camp Lejeune, N.C./ Lawton MI
Posts: 545
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
No

wow..............Thanks Pete
Frank01TJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:50 PM   #8
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Claytonfrnk View Post
wow..............Thanks Pete
There is a lot of misinformation being put out over this bill. And a lot of bald faced lies.

A favorite of mine is the claim that seniors will have to go to mandatory consultations with a government representative who will have control over how and when the patient dies.
This first came out in an interview of Fred Thompson's (former Republican presidential candidate) radio show. The person claimed she read the bill and found that. Gave the page number. Thompson accepted what she said as gospel. The bill says nothing of the sort. It was a bald faced lie accepted by a talking head and spread throughout the cybersphere. (I put a link somewhere to that interview as well)
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 12:52 PM   #9
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

Don't listen to PeteC. It's crap.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:26 PM   #10
tsaguy
drink the hotdog water.
 
tsaguy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-17-08
Location: Big Mountain, Michigan 48458
Posts: 4,321
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I'm a clean hippy. I signed.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepbrattt View Post
I do drive a jeep and I have puffed a peter maybe once or twice

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I am willing to bet its a bunch of geriatric old farts bitching about anyone under 50 and touching each others weiners.
tsaguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:42 PM   #11
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,973
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
There is a lot of misinformation being put out over this bill. And a lot of bald faced lies.

A favorite of mine is the claim that seniors will have to go to mandatory consultations with a government representative who will have control over how and when the patient dies.
This first came out in an interview of Fred Thompson's (former Republican presidential candidate) radio show. The person claimed she read the bill and found that. Gave the page number. Thompson accepted what she said as gospel. The bill says nothing of the sort. It was a bald faced lie accepted by a talking head and spread throughout the cybersphere. (I put a link somewhere to that interview as well)
Regardless of the details, do you really feel that the government needs more power and control over our lives?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 02:54 PM   #12
greygoose
I'm the dude
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 6,081
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Regardless of the details, do you really feel that the government needs more power and control over our lives?
I don't think they do.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:01 PM   #13
WSU JK
Senior Member
 
WSU JK's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-25-08
Location: Lowering the Per-Capita Income of Bloomfield Hills since 2009!
Posts: 2,574
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I'm a dirty hippie. Where's my petition?
WSU JK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:05 PM   #14
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,558
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
Regardless of the details, do you really feel that the government needs more power and control over our lives?
Regardless of the details? WTF??

You, and many others, supported government control at other times, yet not now when it might actually help people? But now, you are so convinced this reform is wrong that you won't even educate yourself on what is being offered?

OK, so the government won't control you (In your opinion) if reform does not pass, but instead you will have been controlled by those who spout the lies and misinformation. And don't even try to deny that. You just said the details don't matter, you are taking thier side without caring about the truth and the facts.


See, here is my thing in case anybody missed it.

I don't know if the reform plan being put out there right now is going to work or not. I don't know how things are going to play out. But I will at least take the time to explore some of the details so I can at least call people out on the bullshit.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #15
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default

the government cannot figure how much cash will last how long on a car buying incentive program. they aren't going to treat your cancer.
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:25 PM   #16
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,973
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Regardless of the details? WTF??

You, and many others, supported government control at other times, yet not now when it might actually help people? But now, you are so convinced this reform is wrong that you won't even educate yourself on what is being offered?

OK, so the government won't control you (In your opinion) if reform does not pass, but instead you will have been controlled by those who spout the lies and misinformation. And don't even try to deny that. You just said the details don't matter, you are taking thier side without caring about the truth and the facts.


See, here is my thing in case anybody missed it.

I don't know if the reform plan being put out there right now is going to work or not. I don't know how things are going to play out. But I will at least take the time to explore some of the details so I can at least call people out on the bullshit.
The government doesn't spout lies either? All business owners and business are a bunch of crooks and liars....right....

Like I said, the details don't matter. The government is the biggest fucking waste of money and resources. If they were a business, they would have failed years ago. I would rather trust business and corporations than our own government.

People are lazy and selfish. You can get reasonable healthcare coverage for $50 to $150 a month depending on what you want. The thing is people feel it should be given to them for being alive. It isn't some type of God given right to medical coverage.

I am for as little government control as possible. If the government wants to control certain things, such as welfare and other social programs, they need to be much more strict and stop wasting to much damn money.

Raising our deficit and debt is not going to help anyone. The short term improvement may be there, but we're really heading down a road we won't be coming back from.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:09 PM   #17
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

call me a dirty hippie
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 11:53 PM   #18
Yota Bill
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 08-24-08
Location: Morrice, Mi
Posts: 3,229
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

signed...I definatly do not want this country to become a Socialist Republic


but, there is a spectre haunting America...
Yota Bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 06:36 AM   #19
KartRacer
Blowd up
 
KartRacer's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-05
Location: Riverside, MI 49084
Posts: 6,335
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to KartRacer
Default

The only healthcare reform we need is tort reform.
KartRacer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 7th, 2009, 07:08 AM   #20
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,570
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

signed

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.

Last edited by XXXJ; August 7th, 2009 at 07:26 AM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:45 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.23493 seconds with 80 queries