C4C cars purchased - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:41 AM   #1
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,635
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default C4C cars purchased

http://www.dailytech.com/Ford+Focus+...icle15885c.htm


Quote:
Of the new, fuel efficient vehicles purchased under the program, Ford came out on top with its compact Focus according to the Transportation Department. The Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, and Toyota Camry rounded out the top five.
Just exactly what country is this progam helping?
Sounds like we're exporting more U.S. dollars!!
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old August 5th, 2009, 07:51 AM   #2
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,126
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Maybe china and obama had a deal and now obama is paying china back
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:14 AM   #3
deuce228
Redneck Poser
 
deuce228's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: West Branch, MI
Posts: 7,971
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Could be worse. The could have been Kia's. At least Honda and Toyota employ American workers.
deuce228 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:44 AM   #4
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
http://www.dailytech.com/Ford+Focus+...icle15885c.htm

Quote:
Of the new, fuel efficient vehicles purchased under the program, Ford came out on top with its compact Focus according to the Transportation Department. The Toyota Corolla, Honda Civic, Toyota Prius, and Toyota Camry rounded out the top five.



Just exactly what country is this progam helping?
Sounds like we're exporting more U.S. dollars!!


Funny, there are many people on this site who qualify buying a Japanese branded car because it is assembled in the U.S. So, they claim to be buying American since wages are going to American workers.

Yet, when this program goes into affect and people are buying the same cars, now the money is no longer staying in America and it is going to a foreign location.

Not naming names, but you can see this topic covered all over this site.

Assembly locations:

Ford Focus: Michigan
Toyota Corolla: California
Honda Civic: Ohio
Toyota Prius: Imported, although it looks like they may build the 2010 in Mississippi
Toyota Camry: Kentucky



XXJ, I don't know how you have stood on this topic and I am in no means singling you out.

I post this only to show the possible hypocrisy of some people.
But a Toyota Tundra because it is assmebled in the U.S. and you feel good about it because you feel you have bought American. Then complain when this government program gives money to foreign auto makers.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:45 AM   #5
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Maybe china and obama had a deal and now obama is paying china back

China?

Those are Japanese companies.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #6
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,635
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Funny, there are many people on this site who qualify buying a Japanese branded car because it is assembled in the U.S. So, they claim to be buying American since wages are going to American workers.

Yet, when this program goes into affect and people are buying the same cars, now the money is no longer staying in America and it is going to a foreign location.

Not naming names, but you can see this topic covered all over this site.

Assembly locations:

Ford Focus: Michigan
Toyota Corolla: California
Honda Civic: Ohio
Toyota Prius: Imported, although it looks like they may build the 2010 in Mississippi
Toyota Camry: Kentucky



XXJ, I don't know how you have stood on this topic and I am in no means singling you out.

I post this only to show the possible hypocrisy of some people.
But a Toyota Tundra because it is assmebled in the U.S. and you feel good about it because you feel you have bought American. Then complain when this government program gives money to foreign auto makers.
To help our country out of its crisis, we need to buy (and sell) american products, made in america, by american citizens employed american companies.
Your opinion might differ, that is mine.
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:05 AM   #7
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
To help our country out of its crisis, we need to buy (and sell) american products, made in america, by american citizens employed american companies.
Your opinion might differ, that is mine.

My opinion does not differ. I have argued that all along.

I work for an American Auto Company. I think Ford, GM and Chrysler are still American car companies. The others are foreign companies doing SOME assembly here with the profits going back to the home country.

Buy American, Save America.

It is other people who claim certain Japanese vehicles are American when they purchase them.

I am only pointing out the hypocrisy of what some people say is American made.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 5th, 2009, 09:39 PM   #8
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,635
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
My opinion does not differ. I have argued that all along.

I work for an American Auto Company. I think Ford, GM and Chrysler are still American car companies. The others are foreign companies doing SOME assembly here with the profits going back to the home country.

Buy American, Save America.

It is other people who claim certain Japanese vehicles are American when they purchase them.

I am only pointing out the hypocrisy of what some people say is American made.
So, as an Obama supporter, you missed the part about spreading americas wealth globally?
__________________
If I didn't think with my penis, I wouldn't think at all

I hope I am not a racist, I mean I drive fast, But I am not specialized at it.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:47 AM   #9
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
So, as an Obama supporter, you missed the part about spreading americas wealth globally?


Let me try to spell this out for you.

I am not an Obama supporter.

I am a supporter of the Office of the President until such time the person holding the office does something so egregious that I can no longer spport them.

I am not a supporter of any particular political party.

I am a supporter of issues when they fit with my own personal beliefs.

I am not a supporter of issues and stances that go against my own personal beliefs.

I am not a supporter of a belief system based on a religious dogma alone

I am not a supporter of a belief system based on a political dogma alone

I am a supporter of facts

I am a supporter of the United States

I am a supporter of actions that I feel will benefit this country as a whole

At this time, I feel that Obama is doing what he has to do to better this country given the situation the country was in when he took office.

I am NOT a supporter of spreading America's wealth globally in the context of this program

I am a supporter of the U.S. helping the disadvantaged of the world, in a financially responsible way.

To go back a little in time.

I was a supporter of the war in Afghanistan

I was not a supporter of the Iraq war

I was not a supporter of Bush's so called medicare reform

I was not a supporter of billions of American dollars going to Halliburton and a very few others for no bid Iraq reconstruction bids.

I was not a supporter of millions (maybe billions) going to Blackwater and a few others for thier activities in Iraq

I was not a supporter of giving blank checks to the banking industry and Wall Street without checks and balances.

I am not a supporter of government wiretapping and eavesdropping without FISA approval

I am not a supporter of invading a sovereign nation on scant, questionable evidence of reasons that were never fully proven to be true. It's not like punching a guy because you think he harrassed your wife. It is serious business with global consequences.

Just a few rambling thoughts I thought I would type out.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 08:57 AM   #10
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,577
iTrader: (36)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Let me try to spell this out for you.

I am not an Obama supporter.

I am a supporter of the Office of the President until such time the person holding the office does something so egregious that I can no longer spport them.

I am not a supporter of any particular political party.

I am a supporter of issues when they fit with my own personal beliefs.

I am not a supporter of issues and stances that go against my own personal beliefs.

I am not a supporter of a belief system based on a religious dogma alone

I am not a supporter of a belief system based on a political dogma alone

I am a supporter of facts

I am a supporter of the United States

I am a supporter of actions that I feel will benefit this country as a whole

At this time, I feel that Obama is doing what he has to do to better this country given the situation the country was in when he took office.

I am NOT a supporter of spreading America's wealth globally in the context of this program

I am a supporter of the U.S. helping the disadvantaged of the world, in a financially responsible way.

To go back a little in time.

I was a supporter of the war in Afghanistan

I was not a supporter of the Iraq war

I was not a supporter of Bush's so called medicare reform

I was not a supporter of billions of American dollars going to Halliburton and a very few others for no bid Iraq reconstruction bids.

I was not a supporter of millions (maybe billions) going to Blackwater and a few others for thier activities in Iraq

I was not a supporter of giving blank checks to the banking industry and Wall Street without checks and balances.

I am not a supporter of government wiretapping and eavesdropping without FISA approval

I am not a supporter of invading a sovereign nation on scant, questionable evidence of reasons that were never fully proven to be true. It's not like punching a guy because you think he harrassed your wife. It is serious business with global consequences.

Just a few rambling thoughts I thought I would type out.
Cliffsnotes?

__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 09:03 AM   #11
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScOoTeR View Post
Cliffsnotes?



Trust me..... those were the cliff notes, ask anyone who has sat down with me in conversation.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:35 PM   #12
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Trust me..... those were the cliff notes, ask anyone who has sat down with me in conversation.
You sound an awful lot like AGB or InfinateWisdumb. Blind Obama supporters because you didn't like Bush.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:37 PM   #13
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,003
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

PeteC needs his own forum.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:38 PM   #14
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You sound an awful lot like AGB or InfinateWisdumb. Blind Obama supporters because you didn't like Bush.
If you keep repeating that people will start to believe it, maybe even me


WHERE THE FCUK IS MY SHAMWOW??????





Actually, I had no problem with Bush until he took us to war with Iraq. I was not convinced the reasons were valid. But of course, my opinion did not matter to the powers that be.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:39 PM   #15
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
PeteC needs his own forum.


I have been on a roll lately haven't I?

Greasemonkey has heard me ramble on a few times I think. Over beers.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 03:41 PM   #16
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,003
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
I have been on a roll lately haven't I?

Greasemonkey has heard me ramble on a few times I think. Over beers.


Yes I have.

You come across as much more serious through text. In person it is much more comical and light hearted.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:05 PM   #17
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post


Yes I have.

You come across as much more serious through text. In person it is much more comical and light hearted.

I have more time to think on here, less distraction.

But, get me in a quieter environment and get me going........well, ask JoAnn next time you see her.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 04:20 PM   #18
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,442
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You sound an awful lot like AGB or InfinateWisdumb. Blind Obama supporters because you didn't like Bush.
While I dont always agree with Pete, I might have to snuff you out for that comment. You are wrong and his wife did make me a fuzzy scarf...
kerryann is online now   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 06:12 PM   #19
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,562
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
While I dont always agree with Pete, I might have to snuff you out for that comment. You are wrong and his wife did make me a fuzzy scarf...

Thank you KerryAnn
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old August 6th, 2009, 10:00 PM   #20
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,732
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

To bad they didn't check with dealers before doing this, several dealers today said they have NO inventory.
Chrysler/Dodge/Jeep have no cars. GM also short.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:12 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34970 seconds with 80 queries