Who in the hell came up with the fees on new machines? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Quads, Bikes, and Sleds
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old July 3rd, 2009, 07:16 PM   #1
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,384
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default Who in the hell came up with the fees on new machines?

I have seen some messed up stuff in the paper work with new vehicle purchases but the "Documentation" fees are a friggi'n joke! I been calling around on Kawasaki Teryx's & Polaris Rzr's and the fees vary so much I was forced to laugh in one guys face. on the cheapest has been around $65 for doc. fees + tax+ title. the worst was the guy today who I asked what the out the door price was, he said it was the MSRP plus tax. I then asked what other fees he had? he said tax & tile, and then he mumbles some other stuff. I said "whats that again?" he said the doc fee was $180.00!!!!! for Christ sake the SOS is like 2 miles away. he must be taking the fucking train!the best part it would be a cash sale so no papers to sign for purchase fees & bank stuff...what a rip off.
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old July 3rd, 2009, 11:13 PM   #2
jeepguy74
Senior Member
 
jeepguy74's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-14-06
Location: wellston (west of cadillac)
Posts: 2,861
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

yea its rediculious especially when most of it now is done by email and computer networks

the thing that i couldnt understand is i called places when i was getting my quad and i had one place tell me their price and it was the same price as the first place but it was more in the end....my notes that i had been wrighting down they wer more and it was in the tax ...shoulda herd the guy backtrack when i said thats not 6 % tax....said sorry like a hundred times
jeepguy74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 4th, 2009, 01:44 AM   #3
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,493
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Salesmen = Snakes
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:27 PM   #4
Spence1986
SlowBalt SS
 
Spence1986's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Redford Michigan
Posts: 2,452
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Spence1986
Default

When i bought my raptor they tryed adding on like $2000 in fee's and freight charges with out telling me untill i seen the last paper..
Spence1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:38 PM   #5
Freak
Wheelin the HD
 
Freak's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-27-07
Location: Portland, TX
Posts: 7,227
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to Freak Send a message via Yahoo to Freak
Default

The place I bought my truck from charged me $300 for title and plates transfer, never did any of it. wound up driving for almost a year with no plates.
Freak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 5th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #6
Mclovin
"The Situation"
 
Mclovin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Westland, Mi
Posts: 14,393
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to Mclovin Send a message via Yahoo to Mclovin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spence1986 View Post
When i bought my raptor they tryed adding on like $2000 in fee's and freight charges with out telling me untill i seen the last paper..
same thing happened to my ex and her brother when they bought their.. bought a pair of $3200 machines... their out the door was 10k !
Mclovin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 09:08 AM   #7
B
NINJA DEALER
 
B's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-17-08
Location: BROWNSTOWN, MI
Posts: 2,618
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
I have seen some messed up stuff in the paper work with new vehicle purchases but the "Documentation" fees are a friggi'n joke! I been calling around on Kawasaki Teryx's & Polaris Rzr's and the fees vary so much I was forced to laugh in one guys face. on the cheapest has been around $65 for doc. fees + tax+ title. the worst was the guy today who I asked what the out the door price was, he said it was the MSRP plus tax. I then asked what other fees he had? he said tax & tile, and then he mumbles some other stuff. I said "whats that again?" he said the doc fee was $180.00!!!!! for Christ sake the SOS is like 2 miles away. he must be taking the fucking train!the best part it would be a cash sale so no papers to sign for purchase fees & bank stuff...what a rip off.
Thought i gave you a really good price
B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 6th, 2009, 11:02 AM   #8
liv2mx
i like jungle gym's.
 
liv2mx's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: silver lake and up in the air building america
Posts: 11,230
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

i have worked in 4 diffrent bike shops. the salesman make more commission on doc fees. always ask for the out the door price. if they will not tell you dont go there!! the northern dealerships are better to deal with.. honda east in toledo is always low.
liv2mx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:36 AM   #9
ScOoTeR
hoo dat. wat.
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,555
iTrader: (35)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Thumbs down

Quote:
Originally Posted by liv2mx View Post
i have worked in 4 diffrent bike shops. the salesman make more commission on doc fees. always ask for the out the door price. if they will not tell you dont go there!! the northern dealerships are better to deal with.. honda east in toledo is always low.
I try to always buy from Michigan, but I will admit/agree that Honda East sold me a new CRF250X for about $1000 less than I could get in Michigan (without figuring in sales tax).
__________________
@clarkstoncracker
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 7th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #10
Flexin' XJ
Senior Member
 
Flexin' XJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: Holt, MI
Posts: 4,459
iTrader: (19)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

There is a place in Chicago that used to advertise in the Auto and RV. He had all the makes. When my buddy and I went to buy a couple Banshees we shopped around. Full Throttle here in Lansing was about $1000 more than the Chicago place. We ended up getting them to match the Chicago price. That was nice.
Flexin' XJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old July 8th, 2009, 09:17 PM   #11
gmotox
Senior Member
 
gmotox's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-08-08
Location: Waterford/Michigan 48327
Posts: 2,557
iTrader: (99)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

x3 for Honda East Toledo
gmotox is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > 4x4 Talk > Quads, Bikes, and Sleds

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:04 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.17871 seconds with 55 queries