obama slams fox - Page 2 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:27 AM   #21
guest
.
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Location: .
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to guest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
because you are white trash.

That explains nothing... I dont know where you think you have room to consider someone white trash when you sit in a room all day on your fat ass playing on your computer..

Last edited by guest; June 20th, 2009 at 10:28 AM.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #22
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
Senior Member
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 17,180
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 8 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hall. Call Me 248.388.8372 View Post
That explains nothing... I dont know where you think you have room to consider someone white trash when you sit in a room all day on your fight ass playing on your computer..
What is a fight ass
__________________
http://www.glfwda.org/
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:36 AM   #23
abagoz
Member
 
abagoz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-27-09
Location: New Boston, Mi
Posts: 53
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

People of this country need to decide what they want. Do they want Government to control, our health care, our economy, our banks, our car company's, our 2nd amendment, our freedom of speech, our right to watch what news shows we want. The Democrats are already working on telling us what cars we can drive, what health care choices we can have, what guns we can or can not have, and what we can say (freedom of speech). Working on increasing GAS taxes to force use into owning smaller cars. YES weather you like it or not the Free market society is slowing slipping away and most like Obama, Pelosi, Charles Shummer, Kennedy, are not that far from making us a socialist country. Need to think about our history class, the US was formed to get away from the kings of England, so way are we creating the same thing our for fathers fought to keep out. Wake up America! we are going to give away our liberty's and wake up one day and think what the hell just happen!
abagoz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #24
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Leans towards fact.


Opinion shows are just that, opinion shows. Many of the cable network "news shows" are just that, opinion shows.

But, if you look at the overall news content and spin, FOX has leaned further right than any other network has leaned either way. I am talking about News stories and the way they are spun. Not the talkng head shows like O'Reilly, Maddow, Olderman.

As far as the talking head opinion shows, FOX leans as far right a MSNBC has leaned left.

I watch them all at different times depending on mood. I get disgusted by both sides at times. But I find flipping between the different sources gives you a better understanding of what is really going on.

If you watch only FOX, you will get a right slant, sorry, it is the truth.
MSNBC will give you a mostly left slant.
CNBC will give you the "We are the greatest" slant.

If a story intrigues you start search for more on the story.
I don't find Fox to be all that "hard right" - I'll agree they're slightly right of center, but still predominantly centrist (outside of the "opinion" shows as Pete pointed out).

The other mainstreams (ABC, NBC, CBS) news operations are decidedly left-leaning, although not extreme (i.e. 50% centrist). CNBC/MSNBC are deep left to a point they're looking right to see the DNC. CNN is pretty deep left as well.

Part of the issue is location. The news operations (except CNN) tend to be headquartered in the Boston/NY/DC corridor, where their leftist views would be considered pretty centrist. However in the heart of the politically insignificant "flyover territory (which we're on the eastern edges of), they're pretty leftist. CNN in Atlanta is seriously hard left regionally, reflecting Turner/Fonda's influence.

Oh, and by and large, they all suck.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 09:47 AM   #25
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,229
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abagoz View Post
People of this country need to decide what they want. Do they want Government to control, our health care, our economy, our banks, our car company's, our 2nd amendment, our freedom of speech, our right to watch what news shows we want. The Democrats are already working on telling us what cars we can drive, what health care choices we can have, what guns we can or can not have, and what we can say (freedom of speech). Working on increasing GAS taxes to force use into owning smaller cars. YES weather you like it or not the Free market society is slowing slipping away and most like Obama, Pelosi, Charles Shummer, Kennedy, are not that far from making us a socialist country. Need to think about our history class, the US was formed to get away from the kings of England, so way are we creating the same thing our for fathers fought to keep out. Wake up America! we are going to give away our liberty's and wake up one day and think what the hell just happen!

What happens when you put a frog in a pot of water, then turn up the heat. I believe that is what is happening to America.
You are correct WAKE UP AMERICA, WAKE UP
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:29 AM   #26
guest
.
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Location: .
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to guest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MusKegon_ZJ_gurl View Post
What is a fight ass
Its when guys guys fight for his butt. Duhhh.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:35 PM   #27
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

oh no, the jobless thief just insulted me.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:41 PM   #28
guest
.
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Location: .
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to guest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
oh no, the jobless thief just insulted me.

Wow the loser just made him self look stupid because yes I do work... Probably more than your fat ass. Since your always on the computer. O and I go to school and work 40 hours a week. Shut your mouth and grow up.
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:43 PM   #29
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hall. Call Me 248.388.8372 View Post
Wow the loser just made him self look stupid because yes I do work... Probably more than your fat ass. Since your always on the computer. O and I go to school and work 40 hours a week. Shut your mouth and grow up.
where at, taco bell? is 7.15 an hour treating you good, or are you still stealing change out of cars?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 02:44 PM   #30
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,508
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AJ Hall. Call Me 248.388.8372 View Post
Explain?
Sigh, . . . did you even take time to make a little bit of effort with your spelling and grammar before you submitted that post? It makes you look as dumb as all those that voted for Oblabla.


And of course you had to ask why


Oh and a comeback about my mom, sister, wife or female dog won't be necessary.
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 08:28 PM   #31
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
I don't find Fox to be all that "hard right" - I'll agree they're slightly right of center, but still predominantly centrist (outside of the "opinion" shows as Pete pointed out).

The other mainstreams (ABC, NBC, CBS) news operations are decidedly left-leaning, although not extreme (i.e. 50% centrist). CNBC/MSNBC are deep left to a point they're looking right to see the DNC. CNN is pretty deep left as well.

Part of the issue is location. The news operations (except CNN) tend to be headquartered in the Boston/NY/DC corridor, where their leftist views would be considered pretty centrist. However in the heart of the politically insignificant "flyover territory (which we're on the eastern edges of), they're pretty leftist. CNN in Atlanta is seriously hard left regionally, reflecting Turner/Fonda's influence.

Oh, and by and large, they all suck.
Maybe it is individual perception that determine how we see the different news sources.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 10:56 PM   #32
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,229
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Maybe it is individual perception that determine how we see the different news sources.
If you look at the leaning tower of Pesa long enough it won't look like it is leaning either. Left slant
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 20th, 2009, 11:04 PM   #33
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
If you look at the leaning tower of Pesa long enough it won't look like it is leaning either. Left slant

That really makes no sense in this conversation.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 09:33 AM   #34
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,229
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
That really makes no sense in this conversation.
It is something to compare to. If you were to move the tower to straighten it up, it would not look correct because you are used to looking at it leaning to one side.
You look at something, believe in something long enough, you assume that your views are correct.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 12:46 PM   #35
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
It is something to compare to. If you were to move the tower to straighten it up, it would not look correct because you are used to looking at it leaning to one side.
You look at something, believe in something long enough, you assume that your views are correct.

Why didn't you just say that in the first place.

You are correct. And it applies to everybody, regardless of which way your beliefs lean.

The trick is to be able to listen to and consider all sides of the argument. That way you can get plenty of diverse input and establish an informed opinion.
Unfortunately, most do not do this.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:01 PM   #36
guest
.
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Location: .
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to guest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chiefwoohaw View Post
Sigh, . . . did you even take time to make a little bit of effort with your spelling and grammar before you submitted that post? It makes you look as dumb as all those that voted for Oblabla.


And of course you had to ask why


Oh and a comeback about my mom, sister, wife or female dog won't be necessary.
Well all that can really be said about all three is that they look alike..


And your a idiot. What does grammer and spelling have to do with anything? lol your the one that looks stupid for correcting someone on there grammer
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 01:02 PM   #37
guest
.
 
Join Date: 12-14-06
Location: .
Posts: 3,835
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to guest
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
where at, taco bell? is 7.15 an hour treating you good, or are you still stealing change out of cars?

No... like a I already said I work on a Farm actually two farms.. And I just got promoted to mechanic/ paint prep. So once again you fail...
guest is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 02:27 PM   #38
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,229
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Why didn't you just say that in the first place.

You are correct. And it applies to everybody, regardless of which way your beliefs lean.

The trick is to be able to listen to and consider all sides of the argument. That way you can get plenty of diverse input and establish an informed opinion.
Unfortunately, most do not do this.
Maybe you can answer a question I have. By the way you answer and debate here on gl4x4 you seem well informed on a varity of subjects.

Why do you think that inteligent design is not taught along side evolution in our public schools, colleges or universities?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 03:31 PM   #39
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,566
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Maybe you can answer a question I have. By the way you answer and debate here on gl4x4 you seem well informed on a varity of subjects.

Why do you think that inteligent design is not taught along side evolution in our public schools, colleges or universities?

Because this country, not having a single official religion, has an obligation to respect all religions. Including those without religion. If that respect requires the absence of religion at certain times and in certain places, that is just.

Making Intelligent Design part of a required curriculum forces the individual to study dogma that may be against his beliefs.

Evolution is still the accepted basis for life as we know it. There is physical evidence to back up theories, theories that are in constant flux as new evidence arises. Where as Intelligent Design requires acceptance of that which can not be proven without faith.

There are religious institutions all over this country that teach Intelligent Design and religious Dogma. That is what they do. Let those who wish to learn about it go there to seek their answers.



p.s. Just because many of the founders of this country were religious men and had certain religious beliefs does not mean they intended this to be a religious nation. Again, that is why there is no official religion here.

p.s.s. If you look around the world, those countries with official religions seem to be in constant chaos. If we become a nation with an official religion, it won't take long for the U.S. to be as intolerant as Iran.

p.s.s.s. Maybe the reason I seem so well informed is because I do not allow one source, or one political/religious leaning to control my thoughts.

p.s.s.s.s. (edited in just now) This is my opinion and only my opinion. My opinion has been developed from a lifetime of experience.

Last edited by PeteC; June 21st, 2009 at 05:36 PM.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM   #40
3stratman
Let's Go Red Wings!
 
3stratman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-27-08
Location: Michigan
Posts: 716
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by abagoz View Post
People of this country need to decide what they want. Do they want Government to control, our health care, our economy, our banks, our car company's, our 2nd amendment, our freedom of speech, our right to watch what news shows we want. The Democrats are already working on telling us what cars we can drive, what health care choices we can have, what guns we can or can not have, and what we can say (freedom of speech). Working on increasing GAS taxes to force use into owning smaller cars. YES weather you like it or not the Free market society is slowing slipping away and most like Obama, Pelosi, Charles Shummer, Kennedy, are not that far from making us a socialist country. Need to think about our history class, the US was formed to get away from the kings of England, so way are we creating the same thing our for fathers fought to keep out. Wake up America! we are going to give away our liberty's and wake up one day and think what the hell just happen!

THIS. Been saying this for some time now. Problem is we have 3 types of people in America these days. 1 group, who's numbers seem to be shrinking daily, see what's going on and are trying to spread the word with hopes of stopping the madness. The 2nd group, who's numbers seem to be growing, don't like how certain things have been done in this country and feel that a wholesale change needs to be done, instead of just fixing the little things. These are the people who voted for Obama, who just accept any changes he will make, because he tells them it's all for the better. The 3rd group, who's numbers seem to be growing as well, could care less one way or another, because the world in their eyes is all fucked up anyway, and can't bother to put effort into paying attention to what is really going on in this country.

My biggest fear the last 10 years or so has been that if the US is ever faced with another situation like WWII, most of the people in this country would either welcome the oppressors with open arms, or not have the guts or the ambition to stand up and fight for what we have in this country, and would just accept the slaughter.
3stratman is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:06 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.45701 seconds with 80 queries