global warming B.S. takes another hit - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:40 AM   #1
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Default global warming B.S. takes another hit

so it looks like the green crap is really getting pounded lately.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20090608...arbonlifestyle
ovrlnd is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 8th, 2009, 11:59 AM   #2
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,484
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

"Figures don't lie, but liars can figure". Theres much of that going on on both sides on the "global warming" debate. That article, and your reaction to it, are prime examples.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 05:06 PM   #3
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,093
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Did you ever wonder why they now call it climate change as opposed to global warming. Well let me tell you global warming is a LIE. I am not sure if anybody remembers or is old enough to but in the 70's the big concern was... ICE AGE and milloins of dollars went to the whinners to study global cooling. In the 90's it was global warming and Al Gore(what a bafoon) and I wonder how many millions went to the same whinners. Now we have CLIMATE CHANGE. Anybody wonder why Greenland was called Greenland, maybe because it was GREEN.

The earth will take care of itself it always has and always will. I say cut down a tree to build a house, mine for coal, fish, hunt and take what we need.

Also replant trees and replenish what we consume and help out. Be responsilble
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 9th, 2009, 11:32 PM   #4
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,696
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Global warming = Complete and utter bullshit.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:25 AM   #5
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,373
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
Global warming = Complete and utter bullshit.
Thank you for your profound scientific comment.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:02 AM   #6
dreezy
whadayatalkinabout
 
dreezy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-28-08
Location: Holland Mi
Posts: 10,052
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dreezy Send a message via MSN to dreezy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Anybody wonder why Greenland was called Greenland, maybe because it was GREEN.

Is that why iceland, which is fairly warm and covered with hot springs, is now called iceland? Because it was covered in ice? OR are you just an idiot?
dreezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #7
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,484
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The earth will take care of itself it always has and always will.
Yes, but will we survive the earths solution?
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:05 AM   #8
greygoose
I'm the dude
 
greygoose's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-18-08
Location: New Baltimore / Presque Isle
Posts: 6,081
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
Yes, but will we survive the earths solution?
Sure, we will just move to the moon.
greygoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 10:11 AM   #9
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Did you ever wonder why they now call it climate change as opposed to global warming. Well let me tell you global warming is a LIE. I am not sure if anybody remembers or is old enough to but in the 70's the big concern was... ICE AGE and milloins of dollars went to the whinners to study global cooling. In the 90's it was global warming and Al Gore(what a bafoon) and I wonder how many millions went to the same whinners. Now we have CLIMATE CHANGE. Anybody wonder why Greenland was called Greenland, maybe because it was GREEN.

The earth will take care of itself it always has and always will. I say cut down a tree to build a house, mine for coal, fish, hunt and take what we need.

Also replant trees and replenish what we consume and help out. Be responsilble

actually it is because Erik the red gave it a pleasant sounding name to encourage more settlers to join him.

no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 11:57 AM   #10
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,696
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 17 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Thank you for your profound scientific comment.
I do what I can.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 12:45 PM   #11
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
actually it is because Erik the red gave it a pleasant sounding name to encourage more settlers to join him.

mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:42 PM   #12
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,093
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreezy View Post
Is that why iceland, which is fairly warm and covered with hot springs, is now called iceland? Because it was covered in ice? OR are you just an idiot?
Actually if you noticed Iceland is father north and is usually cold enough to keep things frozen for most of the year,so yes iceland is a good name and greenland at one time yes was green and hence we have climate change. The polar caps change over time in warm seasons and colder seasons. Do I need to draw you a picture of what it may look like when it is warmer? It is like Alaska very short summer and long winter cold most of the year. By the way did you make it through high school geography, with the comment you made I was wondering who is the idiot. And hot springs have nothing to do with the climate and the place called Iceland. Dah
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 05:48 PM   #13
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,093
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
actually it is because Erik the red gave it a pleasant sounding name to encourage more settlers to join him.

Is that what your teachers told you in school. The vikings were ferious warriors and did not need to make things sound pleasent to encourage other warriors to go out and pillage whatever they wanted to. They took what they wanted and survived the harshest of conditions. Yes Knowledge is power go back to school and get an education
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 06:05 PM   #14
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl
grumpy old woman
 
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-10-08
Location: 49442
Posts: 16,672
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Is that what your teachers told you in school. The vikings were ferious warriors and did not need to make things sound pleasent to encourage other warriors to go out and pillage whatever they wanted to. They took what they wanted and survived the harshest of conditions. Yes Knowledge is power go back to school and get an education

" The real story behind the name is given in Erik the Red's Saga, based on oral tradition and written down in the early thirteenth century in Iceland. After the Icelandic landnám was over, Erik the Red and his father Thorvald were forced to leave Norway because one or both of them was involved in killings (details are not given). After Thorvald died, Erik was involved in yet more killings, for which his punishment was three years' vacation--er, I mean banishment from Iceland. "

http://www.straightdope.com/columns/...and-vice-versa
__________________
Look! Brownies!
Yeah. But why do they smell like burned rubber?
MusKegon_ZJ_gurl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 08:06 PM   #15
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Is that what your teachers told you in school. The vikings were ferious warriors and did not need to make things sound pleasent to encourage other warriors to go out and pillage whatever they wanted to. They took what they wanted and survived the harshest of conditions. Yes Knowledge is power go back to school and get an education
I am not even going to bother refuting this, You are an idiot.

EDIT: lol I typo'd while calling someone an idiot.

Last edited by no1likesme; June 10th, 2009 at 09:56 PM. Reason: typo
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:33 PM   #16
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,093
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
I am not even going to bother refuting this, You are and idiot.
Because you can't, knowledge is a gift and you did not get the gift.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 10th, 2009, 09:57 PM   #17
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Because you can't, knowledge is a gift and you did not get the gift.
my earlier comment about the origin of the name is correct.
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 08:03 AM   #18
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I think Aber61 is missing the part of his brain that allows people to make valid arguements.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 09:43 AM   #19
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
I think Aber61 is missing the part of his brain that allows people to make valid arguements.

You and no1likesme aren't really serious?????

You argue the Bible then you put an explination as to the origins of the name of a country that come from Oral records and an eventual admited story called The Eric The Red Saga as proof of something....

Nothing you say from this point has any credibility.....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:15 PM   #20
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You and no1likesme aren't really serious?????

You argue the Bible then you put an explination as to the origins of the name of a country that come from Oral records and an eventual admited story called The Eric The Red Saga as proof of something....

Nothing you say from this point has any credibility.....
I didn't say that the other story was correct did I? I just like how aber61 states how they were named off the top of his head.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:26 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.30912 seconds with 82 queries