The missing link has been revealed today! The link from us to the animal kingdom - Page 7 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:41 PM   #121
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

"christians" avoid logic
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:41 PM   #122
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I'm not a scientist, and the missing link isn't sitting in my petry dish. I'm talking common sense, which bible thumpers don't have. You really think you're leaving a legacy? For how long you think? That's part of what turns people religious, is their arrogance that makes them think they're so important. Look at the universe. You think any of it cares about people? Someday George Washington will be forgotten. Borack Obama will be forgotten. So who the fukc are you?
One thing about common sense, it is not too common and that goes for bible thumpers and people like you. As for legacy, it can mean more than how people like you would think. Because the common sense thing comes to mind when you write your dribble. I do believe that you think of yourself as very important, but to who? yourself?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM   #123
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
One thing about common sense, it is not too common and that goes for bible thumpers and people like you. As for legacy, it can mean more than how people like you would think. Because the common sense thing comes to mind when you write your dribble. I do believe that you think of yourself as very important, but to who? yourself?
I do find myself important, at this moment in time, to myself, and to my family. The truth you need to recognize is that everybody dies at some point, myself and all of my family included. As will you and your family. Nobody and nothing is truly important, Obama could get sniped tomorrow and be forgotten about in a generation or two, so you tell me, who is truly important, and better yet, who that is alive today will be "important" five generations from now?
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:49 PM   #124
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
"christians" avoid logic
With your twisted view of the world and on how you think it should work, I can see how you would think that Christians avoid logic, because you cannot understand how a Christian thinks
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM   #125
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
With your twisted view of the world and on how you think it should work, I can see how you would think that Christians avoid logic, because you cannot understand how a Christian thinks
I know exactly how christians think. They delude themselves. I never once said anything about how I think the world should work, I'm pretty sure my input on that subject wouldn't carry much weight. I'm saying how the world is. People could run around face painting themselves with their own shit for all I care.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:57 PM   #126
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I do find myself important, at this moment in time, to myself, and to my family. The truth you need to recognize is that everybody dies at some point, myself and all of my family included. As will you and your family. Nobody and nothing is truly important, Obama could get sniped tomorrow and be forgotten about in a generation or two, so you tell me, who is truly important, and better yet, who that is alive today will be "important" five generations from now?
True, we do see ourselves as important to ourselves and our families. That is how we show our children that we are somebody. I guess it gives us a sense of drive, to become more, to be better. But we should also remember to be humble and not to think more highly of ourselves than we are. And true we will all someday be forgotten
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:58 PM   #127
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
True, we do see ourselves as important to ourselves and our families. That is how we show our children that we are somebody. I guess it gives us a sense of drive, to become more, to be better. But we should also remember to be humble and not to think more highly of ourselves than we are. And true we will all someday be forgotten
That's all I was trying to say. Thank you
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:01 PM   #128
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,689
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
True, we do see ourselves as important to ourselves and our families. That is how we show our children that we are somebody. I guess it gives us a sense of drive, to become more, to be better. But we should also remember to be humble and not to think more highly of ourselves than we are. And true we will all someday be forgotten
He was attempting to use this concept as a means of convincing me that I am a skeered dude who would pee myself if I stopped for a minute and realized Jesus was only a man. Even if that point was conceded, it is moot, because it was a straw man from the start. Altogether, his argument about weak Christians is unfounded, and he would be better off making a REAL argument debating science and historicity of the scriptures, the lack of divinity in Christ, etc. I digress.
Dave Kerwin is online now   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM   #129
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
He was attempting to use this concept as a means of convincing me that I am a skeered dude who would pee myself if I stopped for a minute and realized Jesus was only a man. Even if that point was conceded, it is moot, because it was a straw man from the start. Altogether, his argument about weak Christians is unfounded, and he would be better off making a REAL argument debating science and historicity of the scriptures, the lack of divinity in Christ, etc. I digress.
Fair enough. Dave Kerwin says it comes down to PROOF. Prove your god, or better yet, invite him out wheeling, otherwise, you don't have a leg to stand on.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:06 PM   #130
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I know exactly how christians think. They delude themselves. I never once said anything about how I think the world should work, I'm pretty sure my input on that subject wouldn't carry much weight. I'm saying how the world is. People could run around face painting themselves with their own shit for all I care.
Well I can tell you that you do not know how I think and it is to bad that other Christians left such a bad impression on you to think that. Not all Christians are like you think. We do screw up, make mistakes, pretty much human like everybody else on the planet. But I will admit when i am wrong and when I screw up. As far as face painting, yup alot of people do that too, being somebody they are not or trying to be...
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:10 PM   #131
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Well I can tell you that you do not know how I think and it is to bad that other Christians left such a bad impression on you to think that. Not all Christians are like you think. We do screw up, make mistakes, pretty much human like everybody else on the planet. But I will admit when i am wrong and when I screw up. As far as face painting, yup alot of people do that too, being somebody they are not or trying to be...
"pretty much like everybody else"???? In what way are christians more than other people? No christians have ever left a bad impression on me, can't say I ever met a "bad" christian, but that doesn't suppress my common sense that says they're all delusional. Their delusions make them better than they could be if they just manned up and lived with the rest of us "poor mortals" so more power to them if that's the only thing that stops them from being rapists and murderers. I myself have morality based in truth and compassion for the human condition.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:13 PM   #132
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Fair enough. Dave Kerwin says it comes down to PROOF. Prove your god, or better yet, invite him out wheeling, otherwise, you don't have a leg to stand on.
It all comes down to faith. And as to prove God, open your eyes, He is all around you. The wind blows and you know it is the wind, right? You can't see it but you know it is the wind. Why don't you invite God out wheeling the next time you go, He just might show up.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM   #133
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
"pretty much like everybody else"???? In what way are christians more than other people? No christians have ever left a bad impression on me, can't say I ever met a "bad" christian, but that doesn't suppress my common sense that says they're all delusional. Their delusions make them better than they could be if they just manned up and lived with the rest of us "poor mortals" so more power to them if that's the only thing that stops them from being rapists and murderers. I myself have morality based in truth and compassion for the human condition.
sound like you are jelious. Where do you get your standards of morality and compassion? Who's truth and compassion is it based on? I get my morality and compassion based on the teachings of Jesus Christ.

Last edited by aber61; May 21st, 2009 at 05:24 PM.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:16 PM   #134
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
It all comes down to faith. And as to prove God, open your eyes, He is all around you. The wind blows and you know it is the wind, right? You can't see it but you know it is the wind. Why don't you invite God out wheeling the next time you go, He just might show up.
I'm tearing up.. lol Think about people that need christianity to provide them with morals. Those are the scariest motherfuckers on earth. I'm pretty sure science can measure wind.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:18 PM   #135
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
sound like you are jelious
Fucking right i'm jealous! Ignorance is bliss, I wish I was a retard! You ever seen a sad retard? lol It would be so much easier to live life delusionally, but i'd have to create my own delusions, not just buy into everybody elses
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:04 PM   #136
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I'm tearing up.. lol Think about people that need christianity to provide them with morals. Those are the scariest motherfuckers on earth. I'm pretty sure science can measure wind.
Well if I remember correctly when the pledge and pray where taken out of the schools that is when the morals left also and I do believe that with your rambling you missed out on morals 101. Feel sorry for you, growing up with the idea that everybody is out to get you even the Christians. It is to bad that you also bought into the Lie that Christians are the worst people on earth, look at what you said a few quotes ago about Christians-being ok people! And yes science can measure wind but can you see it?
Did you give on the idea of inviting God along with you the next timne you go wheeling?
Oh ya I do not need Christ I want Him and without Him I am only existing
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 07:07 PM   #137
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Fucking right i'm jealous! Ignorance is bliss, I wish I was a retard! You ever seen a sad retard? lol It would be so much easier to live life delusionally, but i'd have to create my own delusions, not just buy into everybody elses
Watch what you wish for.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 08:11 PM   #138
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,511
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by All5ofus View Post
So you believe dinosaurs drew themselves???



If you're really open minded too spend a few hours here then - http://www.gotquestions.org/ and here http://www.monergism.com/
What can I learn that I didn't after spending 10 years studying religion?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:11 PM   #139
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,091
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
What can I learn that I didn't after spending 10 years studying religion?
Well what did you learn? Was it book stuff or Holy Spirit learning. You would be amazed at what God can show you if you let Him. Ask Dave about the Holy Spirit, or ask God yourself He would show you.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 09:14 PM   #140
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
What can I learn that I didn't after spending 10 years studying religion?

You know you are one of the more articulate people arguing agains't religion or in favor of evolution, in any event it's nice to see that someone with the studying equivilant of a 10th grader can carry on a resonable debate....

Im impressed....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:54 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.37736 seconds with 80 queries