The missing link has been revealed today! The link from us to the animal kingdom - Page 6 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:52 PM   #101
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,719
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Well put, I cannot understand how people in general can believe in evolution. It is all around us, drawings in caves, maybe the dinosaurs drew themselves, ummmm, no man saw what he saw and painted it on the wall for others to see. But you will not find these pictures in history books in our schools. The media is trying very hard to keep God out of the schools as to push a different agenda.. the evolution, darwin agenda which do not stand up to science
If you're really open minded, spend a couple hours here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/

and come back and tell us what you think.

I actually think exactly the opposite of what you just said.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:53 PM   #102
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
But if my grandma was wrong, and there is nowhere else to go, then she literally spent 50% of her last 40 years on this earth dealing with the church. That's a pretty big risk to take.
Risk? Risk of what!? Living for the benefit of other people, loving sacrificially, serving the community, and living a moral life?

If I gave all of me for all my life and never went to heaven, it would still have been a good way to live. I know that is is true, but even if it was not, there are waaaaaay bigger regrets to have than giving yourself away and loving others.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:54 PM   #103
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Dave Kerwin, of all the bible thumper self decieving people out there, with an avatar like that, how the hell can you not see that you descend from apes?!?! WTF??
Sounds like the normal logic applied to the monkey fossils that are found like the one in the OP.

That is a distorted pic btw, would you prefer the one I use on facebook?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 04:58 PM   #104
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Sounds like the normal logic applied to the monkey fossils that are found like the one in the OP.

That is a distorted pic btw, would you prefer the one I use on facebook?
No thanks, I like the ape jaw You speak of logic? How logical is it for you to blindly dismiss all the scientific evidence that blows all kinds of holes through all those fairy tales and nursery rhymes you whole heartedly believe in?
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM   #105
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
No thanks, I like the ape jaw You speak of logic? How logical is it for you to blindly dismiss all the scientific evidence that blows all kinds of holes through all those fairy tales and nursery rhymes you whole heartedly believe in?
you have no clue brother.

Is it more logical to believe in a creator than an accidental undefinable cosmic accident with an excuse of time?

The Earth cries out its designer and laws of science back it up as a logical conclusion based on evidence available... but this is more off topic than ever.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:03 PM   #106
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,719
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 143 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Risk? Risk of what!? Living for the benefit of other people, loving sacrificially, serving the community, and living a moral life?

If I gave all of me for all my life and never went to heaven, it would still have been a good way to live. I know that is is true, but even if it was not, there are waaaaaay bigger regrets to have than giving yourself away and loving others.
I can serve the community, and live a moral life without being a believer, and moving a lot of my time, and money to something that cannot be proven.

When I donate to x charity, it goes to help somebody in need. When people donate to the church (at least catholic churches, because I've installed generators there) the money goes to pay for gold faucets, in-ground pools, and hot tubs.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:08 PM   #107
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I can serve the community, and live a moral life without being a believer, and moving a lot of my time, and money to something that cannot be proven.

When I donate to x charity, it goes to help somebody in need. When people donate to the church (at least catholic churches, because I've installed generators there) the money goes to pay for gold faucets, in-ground pools, and hot tubs.
You sure can, but if it turns out that Jesus is who he said he is, the alternative is devastating. This was pascal's wager, and I don't fully rely on it, but it surely is a lead-in for consideration.

So who was Jesus?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:08 PM   #108
All5ofus
Senior Member
 
All5ofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-02-07
Location: Temperance/Michigan
Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
If you're really open minded, spend a couple hours here:
http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/evolution/

and come back and tell us what you think.

I actually think exactly the opposite of what you just said.
So you believe dinosaurs drew themselves???



If you're really open minded too spend a few hours here then - http://www.gotquestions.org/ and here http://www.monergism.com/
All5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:08 PM   #109
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
you have no clue brother.

Is it more logical to believe in a creator than an accidental undefinable cosmic accident with an excuse of time?

The Earth cries out its designer and laws of science back it up as a logical conclusion based on evidence available... but this is more off topic than ever.
So you figured it was either or, and that you're better off "believing" in something that there is no evidence of and can't be proved, "just in case" Sounds like you're the one that doesn't have a clue. Stop and ask yourself this, Your fear of death is comforted by your beliefs, so where would you stand as a man on earth without your beliefs? I think you'd be pissing down your leg constantly. THAT is why you believe. It's self delusion due to fear.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:12 PM   #110
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
So you figured it was either or, and that you're better off "believing" in something that there is no evidence of and can't be proved, "just in case" Sounds like you're the one that doesn't have a clue. Stop and ask yourself this, Your fear of death is comforted by your beliefs, so where would you stand as a man on earth without your beliefs? I think you'd be pissing down your leg constantly. THAT is why you believe. It's self delusion due to fear.
I don't fear death, I am right with God and man, and I have a loving family that I am leaving a legacy with. I am fully insured, and ready to go whenever it is time. I would not enjoy the process of dying, but I am ready when it is demanded. Thanks for asking though.

But you got off of science and went for straw man, and that tells enough for me.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:12 PM   #111
All5ofus
Senior Member
 
All5ofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-02-07
Location: Temperance/Michigan
Posts: 2,805
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
No thanks, I like the ape jaw You speak of logic? How logical is it for you to blindly dismiss all the scientific evidence that blows all kinds of holes through all those fairy tales and nursery rhymes you whole heartedly believe in?
Prove it then . . . ow but that would mean you might have to study
All5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:15 PM   #112
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
I don't fear death, I am right with God and man, and I have a loving family that I am leaving a legacy with. I am fully insured, and ready to go whenever it is time. I would not enjoy the process of dying, but I am ready when it is demanded. Thanks for asking though.

But you got off of science and went for straw man, and that tells enough for me.
I'm not a scientist, and the missing link isn't sitting in my petry dish. I'm talking common sense, which bible thumpers don't have. You really think you're leaving a legacy? For how long you think? That's part of what turns people religious, is their arrogance that makes them think they're so important. Look at the universe. You think any of it cares about people? Someday George Washington will be forgotten. Borack Obama will be forgotten. So who the fukc are you?
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:20 PM   #113
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I'm not a scientist, and the missing link isn't sitting in my petry dish. I'm talking common sense, which bible thumpers don't have. You really think you're leaving a legacy? For how long you think? That's part of what turns people religious, is their arrogance that makes them think they're so important. Look at the universe. You think any of it cares about people? Someday George Washington will be forgotten. Borack Obama will be forgotten. So who the fukc are you?
I said with my family.

I tell you I do not fear death, which is your only possible conclusion since you hate Christians. You are wrong.

Enough said.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:21 PM   #114
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by All5ofus View Post
Prove it then . . . ow but that would mean you might have to study
I'd rather spend my time studying what's up snow whites dress, which just about equals the fairy tales you believe in. What a jackass, Prove it.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:24 PM   #115
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
I said with my family.

I tell you I do not fear death, which is your only possible conclusion since you hate Christians. You are wrong.

Enough said.
You're missing the point. Take off the lalala jesus is cool headphones and think about this. There is no such thing as a legacy. George washington will be forgotten. His children will also be forgotten, and their children and so on. As will yours. I do not hate christians at all, If anything I feel sorry for them for being so delusional
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:29 PM   #116
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
You're missing the point. Take off the lalala jesus is cool headphones and think about this. There is no such thing as a legacy. George washington will be forgotten. His children will also be forgotten, and their children and so on. As will yours. I do not hate christians at all, If anything I feel sorry for them for being so delusional
And you know the name George Washington for what reason?

Who are you to say about my wife and children remembering me when I am gone?

I am done conversing with you today.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:31 PM   #117
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
And you know the name George Washington for what reason?

Who are you to say about my wife and children remembering me when I am gone?

Buzz off jerk. I am done with you today.
You're missing the damn point! You're taking it personally, which seems to be what "christians" do about everything. I'm saying that thousands of years from now, maybe less, all of us will be forgotten. You dig?
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:32 PM   #118
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

no, you are the straw man maker, I am not going to play a game with you. Bye.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:36 PM   #119
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I believe I shook Dave Kerwins faith....finally. "enough said" = I don't like understanding your logic. "I am done conversing with you today" = I don't like understanding your logic. Failing to admit he sees my point and accusing me of being tic, which is clearly not the case = I don't like understanding your logic. You're coming around nicely Dave. Free yourself from the lies and live freely.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 21st, 2009, 05:38 PM   #120
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,694
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dave Kerwin View Post
Interesting article: http://www.answersingenesis.org/arti...a-missing-link

Worth considering, especially the fact that it does not resemble a human, but a modern day animal.
back on topic
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34949 seconds with 80 queries