The missing link has been revealed today! The link from us to the animal kingdom - Page 18 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old June 2nd, 2009, 10:56 AM   #341
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Here is what it boils down to. You ask me for evidence supporting my beliefs. I bring up fossils, a dozen ways to date specimens, observed microevolution, and science/math. I ask you and you say "Because that's what the Bible says". Just think about that.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:23 AM   #342
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,405
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
These myths were made of stone and are statues standing in Rome and the people of the time worshiped them.
I saw a statue of Jesus once. That negates what you have been saying.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 11:41 AM   #343
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I don't chime in anymore unless I see something completely fucked up, mainly because the bible thumpers cry about my blunt and to the point opinions, but if you'd read the posts, he said that he hoped No1likesme's friends and family didn't follow him in life simply because he didn't believe in his fantasy land. Do you agree with that?
I would hope his family dosen't follow him in lieu of following a christian life.

Your entitled to a blunt and to the point opinion, my feeling is those are the best, and easiest to understand.....

However "what a piece of shit" and "I hope Jesus makes you suck his dick"
is just a waste of everbodys time, and takes away from any credibility your opinion might have...

In post #55 or 57 I listed some of the fruadulant claims made over the past few hundred years in regards to evidence supporting evolution, Not one pro evolution person has addressed these. Some of Darwins claims as to his therory uses these discoveries as a foundation.

Why would you believe a claim based on what we know as false.

You speculate as to Christianity as true because you don't have the proof you feel you need, but you pound your chest and declare something as true when you have the proof that its based on false and fradulant claims in front of you..
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:12 PM   #344
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Hey I figured something out, all the muts that listen to I found the missing link, I call it Archaeoraptor Liaoningensis (bullshit cica 1999) or Piltdownman (bullshit 1912) or Hesperopithecus (bullshit 1922) or Jav man (bullshit 1891)
or Orce man(bullshit 1982) or Neanderthalman (bullshit 1908) or Lucy, Pekin man, Austrlopithecenes.

Not to forget Richard Leakeys faked embryonic drawnings, one of Darwins foundations for his therory.

The only thing better than that is Obama.....
The whole idea of evolution is that there were very small changes over time. Sirvival of the fittest, natural selection.......this would mean that there is obviously not just one missing link there is a long line of changes that let to where we are today. I posted a link that shows, and tells about, all of those fossils.

Anything else that you think you can find faults with?
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:30 PM   #345
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I would hope his family dosen't follow him in lieu of following a christian life.

Your entitled to a blunt and to the point opinion, my feeling is those are the best, and easiest to understand.....

However "what a piece of shit" and "I hope Jesus makes you suck his dick"
is just a waste of everbodys time, and takes away from any credibility your opinion might have...

In post #55 or 57 I listed some of the fruadulant claims made over the past few hundred years in regards to evidence supporting evolution, Not one pro evolution person has addressed these. Some of Darwins claims as to his therory uses these discoveries as a foundation.

Why would you believe a claim based on what we know as false.

You speculate as to Christianity as true because you don't have the proof you feel you need, but you pound your chest and declare something as true when you have the proof that its based on false and fradulant claims in front of you..

I never once claimed for evolution to be true. It makes more sense, but I do not claim to have any idea as to peoples beginnings, I wasn't there, and neither were you. We're all just speculating, and anyone who claims to know is in my mind delusional and or full of shit. For all we know santa claus created it all, so he's god, and rudolph is the real jesus. Doesn't really matter. I am sick of people being so full of themselves they can't acknowledge their mortality, body and "spirit" I believe it all probably dies. I do also reserve the right to insult bible thumpers who judge others as cruelly and crudely as I see fit. Free speech mofo (for now)
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:36 PM   #346
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Just out of curiosity, when was Jesus first mentioned in the Bible?
Jesus is mentioned many times in the old testament, and if you do not know this, Jesus was not born untill the new testament so there is prophecy about Christ and who He is. One time I can tell you is in Daniel 3:25 and He was called the son of God by a king who did not believe in a living God but the king believed in idols and had his people worship idols. I challenge you to read some of the bible and get a different view. The book of Daniel is good. It is about prophecy and the end times which some say that some of what he has in the book of Daniel has happened and will happen. It is an interesting read. And also try the new testament, the book of Matthew for starters.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:40 PM   #347
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
How were they proven to be only myths?
You can do a search and find out for yourself.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:46 PM   #348
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You can do a search and find out for yourself.
Why won't you answer this question? Getting close to the corner?
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:49 PM   #349
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
What an arrogent douchebag statement to make. You truly are one fucked up "christian." You're saying this mans family shouldn't follow him because he's chosen to be logical and not bow down to the fantasy land that you think he should? What a piece of shit. I hope jesus makes you suck his dick.
You don't even know me. If I was not mistaken it sounds like you hate Christians and everything we stand for. Your comment is uncalled for. Nothing more can be said to, you are who you are.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:50 PM   #350
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
Jesus is mentioned many times in the old testament, and if you do not know this, Jesus was not born untill the new testament so there is prophecy about Christ and who He is. One time I can tell you is in Daniel 3:25 and He was called the son of God by a king who did not believe in a living God but the king believed in idols and had his people worship idols. I challenge you to read some of the bible and get a different view. The book of Daniel is good. It is about prophecy and the end times which some say that some of what he has in the book of Daniel has happened and will happen. It is an interesting read. And also try the new testament, the book of Matthew for starters.
Do some reading my friend.
http://www.exminister.org/Debunking_...cal_Jesus.html
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 01:58 PM   #351
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
You don't even know me. If I was not mistaken it sounds like you hate Christians and everything we stand for. Your comment is uncalled for. Nothing more can be said to, you are who you are.
I certainly don't hate all christians, many of them are very nice people no matter how misguided. An arrogent judgemental self serving prick such as yourself; I hate.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:02 PM   #352
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Well I briefly looked at the site and noticed it was from a SECULAR HUMANIST'S VIEWPOINT. No need to read any further, of course he would see flaw in the existance of Christ. Historians throughout history have tried to disprove the existance of Christ and have failed, when looking at all the facts. I will try to find you some when I have more time.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:09 PM   #353
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I certainly don't hate all christians, many of them are very nice people no matter how misguided. An arrogent judgemental self serving prick such as yourself; I hate.
So... is there a hate crime here? We don't know your heart but I think it is coming through. You dislike yourself so you project your hate onto others. Your credability is going down real fast. You should give up before you say something you may regret. and not to me, because I could care less what you say to me.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 02:38 PM   #354
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,426
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Is there chimpmonk Heaven? If not, what is the cutoff as far as what animals can go. I'd be pissed if mosquitos were allowed but cute fluffy bunnies didn't make the cut.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:12 PM   #355
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,927
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
The same could be said for documents about the feats of hercules, Zeus, and a handful of other notable figures. Does this make it true? What if those scriptures were actually the outlines for a performance? What if they were to be a children's book? What if tomorrow someone unearthed 100,000 scrolls which said that an ancient man from 2,600 B.C. was the actual prophet and it mentioned nothing of Jesus. Would this automatically be consitered FACT becuase of the number of scrolls and the early date? Face it, there's a bunch of religions out there and you just pick one that you like or that you grew up with.
ACtually, most of those stories may have been written around the time they "happened" but not nearly as close as 25 years, not to mention the few manuscripts for them. The Homer's writings have about 15.
If these scriptures were an outline of a play then it would have to be a mighty complex play. The Intracacies of the Bible story and the Theology attached to them are woven so well that the author would have had to be a Genious...Or God.
I'm not saying there fact either, I'm just pionting out the fact that people believe that Socretes wrote what he wrote, Aerostatle wrote what he wrote, but when it comes to the bible, which has more manuscripts then any of them combined, people doubt it's historical Consistency. I never once said it proved that it was fact.
There are a Bunch of religions this true. Christianity is the only one that offers eternal life without having a Laundry list of thigns you HAVE to do. There's no Chaulk board with "Bad things"/"Good things" on it. There's one step and that's accepting Christ as your lord and Savoir and fostering a GROWING relationship with him. In the Strictest meaning of the Gospel, that has nothign to do with Church, baptism, Denomination ETC.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Here is what it boils down to. You ask me for evidence supporting my beliefs. I bring up fossils, a dozen ways to date specimens, observed microevolution, and science/math. I ask you and you say "Because that's what the Bible says". Just think about that.
I've only seen that once and I said it and I explained why it's no different then what that person was saying in that Instance. I won't say that unless we're talking about the Origins of life/Universe which in that case you have no clue either. It was Because God said So. For you it was because a very improbable thing happened and somehow managed to create life. Either way, there's no different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
I certainly don't hate all christians, many of them are very nice people no matter how misguided. An arrogent judgemental self serving prick such as yourself; I hate.
See, he was just saying that he hopes that his (Not abe, but Clints) family doesn't end up in hades. I see that as nice, and our job. You may not agree with it, and I'm certianly not going to throw that in someone's face, but as blunt as you are you seem to have a problem with bluntness coming back at you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
Is there chimpmonk Heaven? If not, what is the cutoff as far as what animals can go. I'd be pissed if mosquitos were allowed but cute fluffy bunnies didn't make the cut.
You would also have to ask if Ugly babies are cut off too. I mean, There are some UGLY babies out there. Truth is I have no idea.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:18 PM   #356
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
I saw a statue of Jesus once. That negates what you have been saying.
The myth that you where talking about, it is probably dated more than 2500 yrs ago and that was the time I was talking about, not a statue you saw that was a representation of Christ. In the Catholic church you see a cross with Christ on it, so... is that a myth?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 03:22 PM   #357
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The myth that you where talking about, it is probably dated more than 2500 yrs ago and that was the time I was talking about, not a statue you saw that was a representation of Christ. In the Catholic church you see a cross with Christ on it, so... is that a myth?
Yes; and the catholic church is a joke.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 05:54 PM   #358
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,426
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post

You would also have to ask if Ugly babies are cut off too. I mean, There are some UGLY babies out there. Truth is I have no idea.
At least you're honest.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:18 PM   #359
firehawk
Live Action!
 
firehawk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-02-07
Location: Clawson, Michigan
Posts: 12,405
iTrader: (44)
Mentioned: 6 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The myth that you where talking about, it is probably dated more than 2500 yrs ago and that was the time I was talking about, not a statue you saw that was a representation of Christ. In the Catholic church you see a cross with Christ on it, so... is that a myth?
Wasnt me that was talking about anything. That was my first post in this discussion, but I see it no different than a statue of Jesus.

No hard proof just stories of a long time ago.

I think religion has its place and that is a set of guidlines to live your life by no matter what race or denomination you are. But of course some of the religions out there are wack.

I dont say you are wrong but I know that Christians are quick to damn the unsaved. I live my life a certain way and I am happy with that and i am happy that religion does make better people out of some but it disturbs me that people think they need to save everyone else or else those people will perish and live a nasty afterlife. No proof of that ever.
firehawk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 2nd, 2009, 06:45 PM   #360
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,084
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by firehawk View Post
Wasnt me that was talking about anything. That was my first post in this discussion, but I see it no different than a statue of Jesus.

No hard proof just stories of a long time ago.

I think religion has its place and that is a set of guidlines to live your life by no matter what race or denomination you are. But of course some of the religions out there are wack.

I dont say you are wrong but I know that Christians are quick to damn the unsaved. I live my life a certain way and I am happy with that and i am happy that religion does make better people out of some but it disturbs me that people think they need to save everyone else or else those people will perish and live a nasty afterlife. No proof of that ever.
Yes I did notice that this was your first post after I commented to you, my applogies.
You are correct when you say that religion is a set of guidelines or morals to live ones life by and yes some Christians do go to the extremes and look wacked out, but not all can be judged by a few extremest.
Christians are taught to help thier niebour whether it be build a fence, cut thier grass, wash thier windows, buy them food etc. you get the point and yes share the word of God and yes get em saved, it is our job as Christians to go out and make deciples of everybody. God does not want any to be lost. But you have free will to accept Him or deny Him, your choice. He left enough evidence for us to examine and search for, for us to make up our own mind.
If your friend or family member was to do something that they would regret, for the rest of thier life and you had the opportunity save them as you put it, would you? Would you not feel obligated to?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:12 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.39553 seconds with 80 queries