Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 29th, 2009, 10:37 PM   #301
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
I don't mean to be anal but as far as we know there is only one universe (there could be many more but we have no proof of it) i think you meant to say galaxy.

otherwise, great post. I was too lazy to address them one by one.
You are correct. I shouldn't have taken the time I did to respond because I had things to do. I know the difference between the two, I was just having a blond moment.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 05:59 AM   #302
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
So you would still follow a god that is 100% false. Your opinion on theological arguments is useless, If you are unwilling to reconsider your position if yours if PROVEN false (which in the case of this hypothetical situation it was), then talking to you is about as productive as talking to a wall.

I can understand clinging to your beliefs, but clinging to them after they have been disproved is idiotic.
It was more of a joke then anything. I May consider it but, as I stand now, I don't see the True God allowing that to happen. If it did, I would have some big time thinking to do. As would anybody. It wouldn't be proven wrong, Just have something to challenge it. There's a Huge difference. Will it happen? Probably not.
I guess I would ask you the same question. When God reviels himself to the world will you except him or reject him?
The truth is I'm not a big Fan of Hypotheticals because anybody can say they will do something Hypothetically but when it comes down to it, they'll probably do something different.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
see "Flat Earth Society"
Science is a Study of God's world. Anything you can prove to me with sufficient proof, I'll believe.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
This is a quote posted by L4CX. My responses in red.

Proof 1: Comets constantly lose their material until they are gone. Ask any scientist, ..........
LIke I said, I just saw it on a Group on face book. Wasnt sure if it had any truth behind it. Thank you. The guy who started the group is kind of out there in anyways. He thinks he's a prophet and has some kind of mission.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
All the scientific talk is making my head spin, but to me it's very, very simple. Nobody likes the idea of themselves and all of their loved ones being worm food. The difference is that I can accept it, and you and the rest of the bible thumpers are too arrogent to. Nuff said
I have no problem with being "worm Food' my body will no longer be needed after I die. I'm a person of the "go Green" Thinking. Recycle, Reuse, Reduce. I think you'll find many of my Fellow "Arrogent Bible tumpers" feel the same way. If I was you, I would be scared of beign worm food.

Last edited by L4CX; June 1st, 2009 at 07:11 AM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 07:12 AM   #303
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,376
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan View Post
I can't believe the energy people waist/spend on these topics.

Incredible.

That's true. My computer is steam powered and I had to keep shoveling wood in the boiler so I could keep up with this thread.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 08:07 AM   #304
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
That's true. My computer is steam powered and I had to keep shoveling wood in the boiler so I could keep up with this thread.

I thought all you shoveled was bull.....hahahha

You working????? I might need some help fri sat in Kawkawlin.....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 10:49 AM   #305
no1likesme
not Frank Sinatra
 
no1likesme's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-10-08
Location: shepherd, MI
Posts: 678
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to no1likesme Send a message via MSN to no1likesme
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by L4CX View Post
It was more of a joke then anything. I May consider it but, as I stand now, I don't see the True God allowing that to happen. If it did, I would have some big time thinking to do. As would anybody. It wouldn't be proven wrong, Just have something to challenge it. There's a Huge difference. Will it happen? Probably not.
I guess I would ask you the same question. When God reviels himself to the world will you except him or reject him?
The truth is I'm not a big Fan of Hypotheticals because anybody can say they will do something Hypothetically but when it comes down to it, they'll probably do something different.

If a deity were to reveal him/herself to me I would defiantly change my thinking. I am not closed to the idea of a deity, I simply see no evidence to support it. Anyone who would believe something without evidence is an idiot. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
no1likesme is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:17 PM   #306
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Nuggets, thanks for tearing the shit out of that dumb post by L4CX, that's what happens when Bible thumpers try to actually understand science and tangible reality. If you have half a brain and/or ever watched the Discovery channel with an open mind, you would know that crap is all totally absurd. I'm assuming that an eighth-grader wrote that.

Last edited by clint357; June 1st, 2009 at 01:20 PM.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:18 PM   #307
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
If a deity were to reveal him/herself to me I would defiantly change my thinking. I am not closed to the idea of a deity, I simply see no evidence to support it. Anyone who would believe something without evidence is an idiot. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.
Well I say open your eyes. What more do you need.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM   #308
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

BTW, here's a kick-ass site
http://www.geocities.com/CapeCanaveral/Hangar/2437/
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:24 PM   #309
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Nuggets, thanks for tearing the shit out of that dumb post by L4CX, that's what happens when Bible thumpers try to actually understand science and tangible reality. If you have half a brain and/or ever watched the Discovery channel with an open mind, you would know that that crap is all totally absurd. I'm assuming that an eighth-grader wrote that.
When you look at things from the perspective of what a person with a secular viewpoint, then yes I could see how you could take that . A person with a creation viewpoint would see that different. Isn't this a great country we live in, we can have a difference of opinion and only agree to disagree.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:28 PM   #310
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

About the footprints

One of the most commonly encountered claims of the creationists is that creationist geologist Dr. Clifford Burdick, a member of the Creation Research Society, found modern human footprints next to dinosaur footprints along the Paluxy River, near Glen Rose, Texas, thus proving that (a) humans and dinosaurs lived at the same time, and (b) evolution must therefore be wrong. For instance, Henry Morris of the Institute for Creation Research, writes: "One of the most spectacular examples of anamolous fossils is the now well-known case of the Paluxy River footprints, in the Cretaceous Glen Rose formation of central Texas. Here, in the limestone beds, are found large numbers of both dinosaur and human footprints. The tracks occur in trails, and in two or three locations the dinosaur and human trails cross each other, with two known cases where human and dinosaur tracks actually overlap each other. . . These tracks and their discovery have been conclusively documented by on-the site, at-the-time, motion pictures." (Henry Morris, "Scientific Creationism", CLP Publishers, San Diego CA, 1974, pp 122-123)

As usual, this creationist claim is a mixture of misinterpretation, misrepresentation and unwillingness or inability to correct past mistakes. There is no evidence whatsoever for human footprints co-existing with dinosaurs anywhere along the Paluxy River, as both the Creation Research Society and the Institute for Creation Research now admit.

One of the earliest debunkings of the Paluxy footprints is reportedly contained in the book "Dinosaur Tracks and Giant Men", written in 1975 by Berney Neufeld, a creationist Seventh-Day Adventist, Flood geologist and geneticist. I've not been able to obtain a copy of this book yet, so I can only repeat citations from it that I've seen in other places. The conclusion reached by Neufeld was that there was not any "good evidence for the past existence of giant men", and the Paluxy River prints did not "provide evidence for the coexistence of such men (or other large mammals) and the giant dinosaurs." (cited in Ronald Numbers, "The Creationists", Alfred Knopf, NY, 1992, p. 266)

Burdick's original tale was that he had found human footprints actually overlapping those of dinosaurs, and this was the story that Morris and Whitcomb repeated in the first edition of their book "The Genesis Flood". Later, however, Burdick admitted that no such overlapping prints existed, and Morris and Whitcomb were forced to revise this portion of their text in the third edition. (cited in Numbers, 1992, pp. 202-203) (As shown above, Morris nevertheless repeated this debunked claim in 1974, in his book "Scientific Creationism".)

Paleontologists who examined the Paluxy "man prints" have without exception declared them to be nothing more than partially-registered dinosaur tracks, natural depressions, or, in some instances, deliberate forgeries carved by local residents to sell to tourists. These were also the conclusions reached by biologist Glen Kuban in 1980, as well as another group of scientists in 1984, which included physicist Ronnie Hastings, geologist Steven Schaferman, anthropologist John Cole and physical anthropologist Laurie Godfrey. (Arthur N. Strahler, "Science and Earth History", Prometheus Books, Buffalo NY, 1987, p. 463)
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:29 PM   #311
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
When you look at things from the perspective of what a person with a secular viewpoint, then yes I could see how you could take that . A person with a creation viewpoint would see that different. Isn't this a great country we live in, we can have a difference of opinion and only agree to disagree.
So you still believe that list of "Facts"?
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:33 PM   #312
Broncoholic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Default

Hey Aber Are you a Canadian Citizen American Citizen or a North American.?? Which Country do you refer to as Great?
  Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:45 PM   #313
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoholic View Post
Hey Aber Are you a Canadian Citizen American Citizen or a North American.?? Which Country do you refer to as Great?
The USA, you too?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:46 PM   #314
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
So you still believe that list of "Facts"?
Which facts are you talking about, the lies you believe or the true facts?
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 01:58 PM   #315
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
So you still believe that list of "Facts"?
This link has the facts both sides www.creationworldview.org/articles_view?id=89

I will hear from you by tomorrow at least unless you are a speed reader.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:04 PM   #316
Broncoholic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
The USA, you too?
Now it is just America, There are no more Borders.

North, Central & South Habla Spanyo Sienor?
  Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:12 PM   #317
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoholic View Post
Hey Aber Are you a Canadian Citizen American Citizen or a North American.?? Which Country do you refer to as Great?
I believe that the USA is the great country, land of the free.
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 02:26 PM   #318
Broncoholic
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Mentioned: Post(s)
Default

Free hand outs to illegal's that will be legal by Fall. All voting power will stay in the hands of Acorn. We are the new Minority..
  Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:12 PM   #319
L4CX
Out for the Summer!
 
L4CX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-16-07
Location: Hillsdale, MI
Posts: 4,913
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by no1likesme View Post
If a deity were to reveal him/herself to me I would defiantly change my thinking. I am not closed to the idea of a deity, I simply see no evidence to support it. Anyone who would believe something without evidence is an idiot. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary evidence.

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Nuggets, thanks for tearing the shit out of that dumb post by L4CX, that's what happens when Bible thumpers try to actually understand science and tangible reality. If you have half a brain and/or ever watched the Discovery channel with an open mind, you would know that crap is all totally absurd. I'm assuming that an eighth-grader wrote that.
I watch the Discover Channel on a pretty regular Basis and find it very Informitive. However, I don't see it pointing one way or another most of the time. Sure, when they have thier Evoultionary Stuff on....Obviously. But other wise I see most of what they describe as God's Amazing ability to create an awesome world that is Riduculously Complex.

I would also like you tell you that "Bible Thumpers" were the original Scienctists. Science started out (and IMO is still) a way to Glorify God by examing his Creation and understanding his awesome ability to construct this creation. The Original Scientist was a "bible thumper" for lack of a Better word.

I don't question the sciences that are provable. It's when we get to the points were the Origins of our Universe and us as a species begin is were I stop listening to the Pyschobable that is macro Evoultion. The only difference between you and me is that area. I accept any form of science that is Provable. I'm not some "stupid Bible thumper" or what ever Derogitory thing you want to call us. Which actually brings me to my next thing.

Do you hate Christians? You seem to have a Very Negitive and Ignorant view point on them. Calling us idiots and Stupid bible thumpers discredits your arguements more then anything else you say. Your Inability to regognize what most Christians nowadays actually do is outstanding. We are no different then you except for the simple fact we believe in something bigger then ourselves. Why do you hate that so much?

There are Plenty of Men and women out there that are incredibly Brilliant and Intelligent people that are Christians and live thier life the way the bible says, yet you try and stick to the sterotype that you've Ignorantly learned as a Kid or adult or whatever. You may have alot of Knowledge but you sure don't seem to have alot of Wisdom in the matter of what Christianity really is. I'm not surprised though because You're not the First person I've ran into with almost the exact same demeaner and ignorance as you have shown. You won't be the last either.

I challenge you to really become wise to what Christianity is by attending a church for 6 months and get envolved. You don't have to become a Christian, just hang out with them and find out what is REALLY happening in GROWING churches through out america. I'm 100% convinced you're idea of Christians will change. But, It has to be an Active, Growing, Bible beleiving Church. Not just the one with all the Grey haired people.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
So you still believe that list of "Facts"?
I liked Nuggets answers. He did a Great job of Explaining things, I appreciate his ability to show the awesomeness that God created to keep us safe and to keep our planet the way it he designed it.

Last edited by L4CX; June 1st, 2009 at 03:16 PM.
L4CX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 1st, 2009, 03:24 PM   #320
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 6,078
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Broncoholic View Post
Now it is just America, There are no more Borders.

North, Central & South Habla Spanyo Sienor?
Thats right it is going to be call USSA, oops wrong thread, I believe the socialists are here the new Obama nation
aber61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:22 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.56765 seconds with 50 queries