Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > The Great Outdoors
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Great Outdoors Guns, Cannons, Fishing, Camping, and other fun stuff







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old May 14th, 2009, 02:51 PM   #1
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler
 
Fuel Fire Desire's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-01-08
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,632
iTrader: (7)
Monroe Rod and Gun Club

Is anyone here a member, and willing to sponsor a new member?



Ive been wanting to get into a club for years, and now that Ive lost my access to private land (new sub divisions ) I kind of need to get into one if I ever want to shoot anything other than a pistol again.


I live in monroe, and am minutes away from the club if you want to meet.
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old May 17th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #2
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler
 
Fuel Fire Desire's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-01-08
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,632
iTrader: (7)
ttt
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 12:14 PM   #3
sQUEAK003
Irish R&B Singer
 
sQUEAK003's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: Monroe (work in Ann Arbor)
Posts: 4,777
iTrader: (17)
isn't the club basicly in your back yard......a while back i was lookin around too and no one could help
__________________
'05 Black Dodge Magnum (stock)

http://mefi.us/images/fuelly/sig-us/136041.png

CLICK HERE TO GET RID OF ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCK_4xCustoms View Post
cunt punt, it's like a reset switch for women.
sQUEAK003 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 11th, 2009, 03:45 PM   #4
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler
 
Fuel Fire Desire's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-01-08
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,632
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by sQUEAK003 View Post
isn't the club basicly in your back yard......a while back i was lookin around too and no one could help
Tom Tom (a previous member) ended up going over there with me and talked to some of his friends there and got me in.


After seeing how its done, its not hard. Membership meetings are the second wed of every month, and there are usually guys there on the weekends too. All you have to do is just ask two of them to sponsor you.


They just upped the membership cap from 600 to 1000 a few years ago to bring in more income. Ive been talking with the board member in charge of membership (who turns out to be my neighbor) and he said in the years the cap has been raised, they have never been able to fill the slots. They want members.


I cant help you yet. Im on probation until january. I have all the privileges of a member, with the exceptions that I cant drink there, vote, or sponsor people.
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 02:38 PM   #5
fsumotorhead
N8KVB
 
fsumotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-24-06
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 4,143
iTrader: (34)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fuel Fire Desire View Post
Tom Tom (a previous member) ended up going over there with me and talked to some of his friends there and got me in.


After seeing how its done, its not hard. Membership meetings are the second wed of every month, and there are usually guys there on the weekends too. All you have to do is just ask two of them to sponsor you.


They just upped the membership cap from 600 to 1000 a few years ago to bring in more income. Ive been talking with the board member in charge of membership (who turns out to be my neighbor) and he said in the years the cap has been raised, they have never been able to fill the slots. They want members.


I cant help you yet. Im on probation until january. I have all the privileges of a member, with the exceptions that I cant drink there, vote, or sponsor people.
is that a 1000 a year?
fsumotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 19th, 2009, 03:09 PM   #6
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler
 
Fuel Fire Desire's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-01-08
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,632
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by fsumotorhead View Post
is that a 1000 a year?
1000 total members, including paid and lifetime members.


Right now, we have 40 perspective new members for the year, including me.
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 01:49 AM   #7
unclebeaner
can you hear the banjos?
 
unclebeaner's Avatar
 
Join Date: 04-04-06
Location: Flat Rock 48134
Posts: 8,618
iTrader: (65)
i wanna be in there aswell
__________________
Avid collector of useless things.
unclebeaner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 03:33 PM   #8
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler
 
Fuel Fire Desire's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-01-08
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,632
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by unclebeaner View Post
i wanna be in there aswell
IIRC sundays and thursdays are open trap days (I dont do trap, so Im not 100%). The last thursday I went the place was PACKED, even during the day. Id go over then and try to make friends.


Every other day of the week I have the rifle range to myself for as long as I want.
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 04:03 PM   #9
04PSD
aka Langford
 
04PSD's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-02-07
Location: La Salle, MI
Posts: 1,231
iTrader: (9)
I need to get my ass out there and join up. So what does it cost to join, and what stipulations do they have (work so many hours per year, volunteer, etc.)? I have 4 new guns in the safe that I have yet to shoot because I haven't had a place close to home to go burn through some rounds.
04PSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 30th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #10
Fuel Fire Desire
Mall Crawler
 
Fuel Fire Desire's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-01-08
Location: SE Michigan
Posts: 2,632
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 04PSD View Post
I need to get my ass out there and join up. So what does it cost to join, and what stipulations do they have (work so many hours per year, volunteer, etc.)? I have 4 new guns in the safe that I have yet to shoot because I haven't had a place close to home to go burn through some rounds.
You need 2 current members to sponsor you. Once you fill out your application and have the sponsors sign it, you turn it in to the bar along with $120. The bar will then give you a receipt that acts as your temporary membership ID. You can then act as a member without voting, drinking, or sponsorship privileges until January. It is in january when new members are fully inducted. Your application and club history is brought before the membership board, and only under their approval will you become a member. Annual dues are due no later than march. (IE, if you join in december and pay $120, and then get accepted in january, you will have to owe another $120 by march).

To be a member, you need to acquire 120 points per year. Points can be earned by attending monthly meetings (10 points), working or attending an event (steak/ chicken/ fish fry etc. 10 points), working on the grounds (2 hour minimum, 10 points), joining a league (25 points), and attending the new member orientation (20 points).

Rifle range costs are $1 per target, skeet/ trap is $3, 5 stand is $5, and the archery course is $1 normal/ $3 hunting season IIRC (they have 3D targets up then).
Fuel Fire Desire is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Other Stuff > The Great Outdoors
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:28 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.12930 seconds with 30 queries