Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:25 PM   #41
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Sorry, what I meant is that there have been no "communist" laws put into effect that are changing lives. You all act like he has already done terrible things, when the only things he has done are matters of opinion (stem cell research), have been done before (bailout), or are so minute (putting your fingerprint and ss# on a piece of paper), I don't see how you think these things are an obvious beginning to the total downfall of our contry. People on here have been talking about getting canned good for when the shit hits the fan, and stocking up on ammo, blah blah blah. I think that Obama disagrees with some of you in a moral sense, so you pick apart everything he does and try to link it to communism or some obscene acts in the past.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:26 PM   #42
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Right, unless Obama lets something like 9/11 happen on his watch, then all you faggots who voted for Bush can shut the F up. You Obama haters are a bunch of pussies anyway. "I have to give a fingerprint to buy a gun, he likes alternative energy... " You all act like your world is crumbling beneath you, but I bet nothing in your daily lives has/will change much at all over the next few years. Grow a pair, you sound like a bunch of hippies harping on the same minute matters over and over in fear of "what is to come"
actually there talking about making dairy and cattle farmers pay an emission tax for live stock that does effect me on my daily life
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:31 PM   #43
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,410
iTrader: (11)
100 days of News Time not a Day has been Pass without hearing or seeing the Words of Obmama yet there is more Days to come with all this Bahhh... Bahhh...

i think someone will say impeach Him soon. and all the News will Follow.

Last edited by Rockstar; April 23rd, 2009 at 01:40 PM. Reason: English
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:32 PM   #44
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
I assume Rockstar is drunk.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:37 PM   #45
jeepinRRT
Senior Member
 
jeepinRRT's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-13-08
Location: Grand Rapids,MI
Posts: 3,621
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
I assume Rockstar is drunk.
x2
jeepinRRT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:38 PM   #46
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,410
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
I assume Rockstar is drunk.
Always
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:42 PM   #47
TJJEEP
Senior Member
 
TJJEEP's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Orchard Lake
Posts: 2,705
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to TJJEEP Send a message via MSN to TJJEEP
I think the more liberal agenda has yet to come. Things like universal health care, higher taxes on the rich, and strict gun control. So far i think he has done ok. I think we need to move to alternative power. I would love to have something like solar powered houses at reasonable expense. It is a matter of national security to be energy independant.

I do not like him nor did i vote for him but at this time i say it is not as bad as i thought would be by now.
__________________
If you're like me you like to talk to things. I'm Gary Busey!!
TJJEEP is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 01:50 PM   #48
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
He's concerned with alternate energy to promote national security???? and people like clint22 eat that shit up?? Does the taliban rapidly advancing on taking over Pakistan which is a nuclear power concern anybody?? Who the fukc cares about m.p.g. and shit like wind and solar power when niggerbama is letting all the radical muslims run wild???? Everyday has been like fucking christmas for them since he was sworn in. Grow up and look at the threats today, not whether or not the world will be 1 degree warmer in 20 years.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 03:42 PM   #49
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by TJJEEP View Post
I think the more liberal agenda has yet to come. Things like universal health care, higher taxes on the rich, and strict gun control. So far i think he has done ok. I think we need to move to alternative power. I would love to have something like solar powered houses at reasonable expense. It is a matter of national security to be energy independant.

I do not like him nor did i vote for him but at this time i say it is not as bad as i thought would be by now.
all the bullshit he is proposing now will have to be paid for. you taxes, everyone's taxes are going up, up, up
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 04:30 PM   #50
MonkeyBiz
Master Cocksman
 
MonkeyBiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Whitehall
Posts: 7,995
iTrader: (10)
Send a message via Yahoo to MonkeyBiz
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Actually he hasn't done anything that I have found super liberal...

I know that it's coming, but so far so good.
Umm.. Closing Gitmo?
MonkeyBiz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:28 PM   #51
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Let's not forget, he got a dog.......
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:30 PM   #52
1badzuk
Senior Member
 
1badzuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-21-07
Location: grand rapids mi
Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (51)
sheesh and the dog wasnt even a rescued animal
1badzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:32 PM   #53
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Actually he hasn't done anything that I have found super liberal...

I know that it's coming, but so far so good.
nationalizing the banking and finance sector of our economy?

usurping the authority of a publicly traded private enterprise's board of directors in forcing a sitting CEO to step down?

you're right, I guess that's beyond liberal - it's fascism?
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 05:41 PM   #54
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Sorry, what I meant is that there have been no "communist" laws put into effect that are changing lives. You all act like he has already done terrible things, when the only things he has done are matters of opinion (stem cell research), have been done before (bailout), or are so minute (putting your fingerprint and ss# on a piece of paper), I don't see how you think these things are an obvious beginning to the total downfall of our contry. People on here have been talking about getting canned good for when the shit hits the fan, and stocking up on ammo, blah blah blah. I think that Obama disagrees with some of you in a moral sense, so you pick apart everything he does and try to link it to communism or some obscene acts in the past.
are you aware even at a peripheral level of what he is proposing for just the ObamaCare based on Daschle's grand vision?

Sorry, when was the last time anyone here trusted the Government to do the right thing? Time, and time again people bitch about the inefficiencies of government, corruption, greed, and incompetence.

the result? let's just grow it and the debt even more? let's create huge, megolithic new organizations and databases so we can track people's health, treatment and prognosis information. oh, and while HIPPA will protect us, I guess we're just forced to hope that the government will protect our information adeqately

not to mention, that if Daschle's vision is enabled, not only will we be forced to accept certain diagnosis's as "hopeless", but be subjected to "standardized" methods of care, at standardized rates, etc, etc. ad nauseum.

Insurance companies, and/or medical professionals that don't line up and follow orders will be pushed aside, nationalized, etc.

meanwhile, congress will continue to grant themselves raises, cushy pensions, and outstanding benefit packages, the wealthy will still be able to afford private health insurance, and/or seek treatment outside the US, and the rest of us will wait, wait, wait for treatment, medications while we ship even more aid off to 3rd world countries that hate us.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 06:01 PM   #55
jcp962002
Newbie
 
jcp962002's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-07
Location: Davison Michigan
Posts: 8
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1badzuk View Post
sheesh and the dog wasnt even a rescued animal
It's a Portuguese water dog given to him by Ted Kennedy; Ted knows all about water and rescuing....
jcp962002 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 23rd, 2009, 09:37 PM   #56
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
are you aware even at a peripheral level of what he is proposing for just the ObamaCare based on Daschle's grand vision?

Sorry, when was the last time anyone here trusted the Government to do the right thing? Time, and time again people bitch about the inefficiencies of government, corruption, greed, and incompetence.

the result? let's just grow it and the debt even more? let's create huge, megolithic new organizations and databases so we can track people's health, treatment and prognosis information. oh, and while HIPPA will protect us, I guess we're just forced to hope that the government will protect our information adeqately

not to mention, that if Daschle's vision is enabled, not only will we be forced to accept certain diagnosis's as "hopeless", but be subjected to "standardized" methods of care, at standardized rates, etc, etc. ad nauseum.

Insurance companies, and/or medical professionals that don't line up and follow orders will be pushed aside, nationalized, etc.

meanwhile, congress will continue to grant themselves raises, cushy pensions, and outstanding benefit packages, the wealthy will still be able to afford private health insurance, and/or seek treatment outside the US, and the rest of us will wait, wait, wait for treatment, medications while we ship even more aid off to 3rd world countries that hate us.
xp93485703492867023458967204359867

you cannot tell these people what they don't want to hear. a politician says it will be ok so everyone is safe.
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 12:33 AM   #57
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,616
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
In my opinion Obama has done one thing right in the first 100 days. He allowed the military to make the call on the pirates. Otherwise I have disagreed with every decision he has made. The worst is yet to come.

Not even sure about how well he handled that.


WASHINGTON While Barack Obama is basking in praise for his "decisive" handling of the Somali pirate attack on a merchant ship in the India Ocean, reliable military sources close to the scene are painting a much different picture of the incident accusing the president of employing restrictive rules of engagement that actually hampered the rescue of Capt. Richard Phillips and extended the at sea for days.

Multiple opportunities to free the captain of the Maersk Alabama from three young pirates were missed, these sources say all because a Navy SEAL team was not immediately ordered to the scene and then forced to operate under strict, non-lethal rules of engagement.

They say the response duty office at the Pentagon was initially unwilling to grant an order to use lethal force to rescue Phillips. They also report the White House refused to authorize deployment of a Navy SEAL team to the location for 36 hours, despite the recommendation of the on-scene commander.

The White House also turned down two rescue plans offered up by the Seal commander on the scene and the captain of the USS Bainbridge.

The SEAL team operated under rules of engagement that required them to do nothing unless the hostage's life was in "imminent' danger.

In fact, when the USS Bainbridge dispatched a rigid-hull inflatable boat to bring supplies to the Maersk Alabama, it came under fire that could not be returned even though the SEAL team had the pirates in their sights.

Many hours before the fatal shots were fired, taking out the three young pirates, Phillips jumped into the Indian Ocean with the idea of giving the snipers a clear target. However, the SEAL team was still under orders not to shoot.

Hours later, frustrated by the missed opportunities to resolve the standoff, the commander of the Bainbridge and the captain of the Navy SEAL team determined they had operational authority to evaluate the risk to the hostage, and took out the pirates at the first opportunity finally freeing Phillips.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 01:00 AM   #58
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,616
iTrader: (7)
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Sorry, what I meant is that there have been no "communist" laws put into effect that are changing lives. You all act like he has already done terrible things, when the only things he has done are matters of opinion (stem cell research), have been done before (bailout), or are so minute (putting your fingerprint and ss# on a piece of paper), I don't see how you think these things are an obvious beginning to the total downfall of our contry. People on here have been talking about getting canned good for when the shit hits the fan, and stocking up on ammo, blah blah blah. I think that Obama disagrees with some of you in a moral sense, so you pick apart everything he does and try to link it to communism or some obscene acts in the past.
I'm very curious to see how long people like you will defend his actions.

I guess it will also depend on the level of ignorance each Oboma supporter has. You show a high level of it.
Very little common sense.

Not much has been discussed about the appointments he has made to our government.
Some pretty dangerous people in high level positions.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 05:56 AM   #59
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,410
iTrader: (11)
Impeach Obama Now!! FTW....
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 24th, 2009, 06:35 AM   #60
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcp962002 View Post
It's a Portuguese water dog given to him by Ted Kennedy; Ted knows all about water and rescuing....

LOL. This statement tells me you're old. *sigh*........so am I.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
obama fail

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.23451 seconds with 50 queries