Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:43 PM   #41
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
I also support a yearly tax on those who do not have a college education. this tax would also compound yearly.
That's the best one so far! I fully support it, along with being able to vote only after you pass a voter registration exam. Just some simple shit, like that 2/2 is not equal to 2.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:44 PM   #42
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,417
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
perhaps. however I am sure it is a mute point since the majority of the low income getting free healthcare will be black. or at least not white.
um.. What does that have to do with anything? My poor white trash single mom cousin in Missouri who has three kids on the system and smokes a pack a day is no better than a single mom in Detroit doing the same thing. In fact, if the black single mom smokes outside and not in the same house/car with her kids I might think she is a better person and will cost less since her kids will be more healthy.
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:47 PM   #43
kerryann
German cars are hot
 
kerryann's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: West Bloomfield
Posts: 11,417
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob View Post
some of us are chubby chasers
Soooo you want my husband?
kerryann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 03:49 PM   #44
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
That's the best one so far! I fully support it, along with being able to vote only after you pass a voter registration exam. Just some simple shit, like that 2/2 is not equal to 2.
the way I see it is that only the educated will be able to be part of the solution. I paid a lot of money to earn an advanced degree. I should not have to pay more taxes to support the mentally lazy. the tax should be yearly but simple.

each uneducated person pays 75% of 4 semester tuition at a public university.
if you want to avoid this tax get a fucking education. educated people would be more effective than taxing cigarettes.

it's time the hard working get rewarded.
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 04:14 PM   #45
Yetti
Buy a Fiat! Save the UAW!
 
Yetti's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: 20 minutes south of Hell...
Posts: 14,382
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
the way I see it is that only the educated will be able to be part of the solution. I paid a lot of money to earn an advanced degree. I should not have to pay more taxes to support the mentally lazy. the tax should be yearly but simple.

each uneducated person pays 75% of 4 semester tuition at a public university.
if you want to avoid this tax get a fucking education. educated people would be more effective than taxing cigarettes.

it's time the hard working get rewarded.

You get your reward everytime you pay taxes on your pay check. all that coin the fed gets from you is spent on shit you can only imagine. as for the layabout no good loosers you claim have to foot the bill for you? I do believe that is a mute statement. the idea you are the only one paying taxes to pay for schools & libraries is a crock of crap. if you think about how hard you work and the time spent, are you the one on the loosing end? consider how time is spent by a person of lesser means? do they have more time for their kids? do they spend it on the golf course? I know they spend it on shopping at the mall for shit they didn't need in the first place? I think you need to pull your head out of your ass and see your part of the problem and not part of the solution.
__________________
Yetti
Yetti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 05:17 PM   #46
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,648
iTrader: (7)
screw the union staffed school system, why should any of my taxes pay for schooling? education for the most part is overrated, underused and corrupt.
i am not educated but i probably have a higher IQ than most of the college educated idiots that waste mommy and daddy's money while procrastinating on joining the real world and actually having to support themselves by working, then going out to only find they wasted their time studying the same things every other cookie cutter American does so the job market is flooded for the only occupation that they are even remotely qualified for.
Now their waiting in line for a fucking handout like everyone else because they had to go get a job in a factory.
fuck you if you think taxing the uneducated extra, you fukc . i'm a fucking truck driver, mechanic, janitor, highway worker, farmer, tow truck driver, lets see the country run with people like me! what are you college boy?
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 05:21 PM   #47
Blazin_wheeler
turtles like me
 
Blazin_wheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-22-09
Location: Milford IN 46542
Posts: 4,648
iTrader: (7)
i'm not saying we don't need educated people, i don't mean that at all but i am saying that the trend of judging people based on education and occupation is ridiculous. there is a need for all kinds of services and skills and not of of those need to be taught by an over paid, under appreciating union worker.
Blazin_wheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 06:28 PM   #48
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,106
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
Some people will never get it though...
Replies to this thread can attest to that being true. I can't believe how many people on this board are ok with restrictions on liberty.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I know, this nation has been a tyrannical fascist regime ever since they outlawed other drugs like heroin, marijuana, cocaine, etc.
It's been on the road to Facism much longer than that. We're just stepping on the gas pedal a little harder.

I am guessing you think it's ok to take away liberties since we've been doing it for years, that must mean it's ok, right?

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
Opponents of this tax increase must also be against the idea of decriminalizing marijuana and taxing the shit out if it?
I am in favor of decriminalizing and against taxing the shit out of it. What's that make me?
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:36 PM   #49
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,663
iTrader: (1)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
Replies to this thread can attest to that being true. I can't believe how many people on this board are ok with restrictions on liberty.



It's been on the road to Facism much longer than that. We're just stepping on the gas pedal a little harder.

I am guessing you think it's ok to take away liberties since we've been doing it for years, that must mean it's ok, right?



I am in favor of decriminalizing and against taxing the shit out of it. What's that make me?
I say legalize all of it and tax it.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:45 PM   #50
ovrlnd
HURL SCOUTS
 
ovrlnd's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: Westland, Michigan
Posts: 10,003
iTrader: (14)
Send a message via AIM to ovrlnd
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yetti View Post
You get your reward everytime you pay taxes on your pay check. all that coin the fed gets from you is spent on shit you can only imagine. as for the layabout no good loosers you claim have to foot the bill for you? I do believe that is a mute statement. the idea you are the only one paying taxes to pay for schools & libraries is a crock of crap. if you think about how hard you work and the time spent, are you the one on the loosing end? consider how time is spent by a person of lesser means? do they have more time for their kids? do they spend it on the golf course? I know they spend it on shopping at the mall for shit they didn't need in the first place? I think you need to pull your head out of your ass and see your part of the problem and not part of the solution.

holy fukc . easy there yetti. I think you missed the intended sarcasm as it relates to selective tax imposition. I was in no way serious. down boy.

this is a great example of internet humor gone wrong.
ovrlnd is online now   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 07:52 PM   #51
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,062
iTrader: (10)
I laugh at all the people who say this is going to make them stop smoking.
It's not.
Your addicted.

You have said it before. I have heard people say this EVERY time they raise the price. They never stop.

Money is not a deterrant to stop smoking.
__________________
Come roll with us........
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 09:34 PM   #52
tom77cj5
so married it hurts
 
tom77cj5's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-06-06
Location: chesterfield
Posts: 3,895
iTrader: (41)
Send a message via AIM to tom77cj5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
I laugh at all the people who say this is going to make them stop smoking.
It's not.
Your addicted.

You have said it before. I have heard people say this EVERY time they raise the price. They never stop.

Money is not a deterrant to stop smoking.
lies

tons of people are quitting because of this new increase

i have quit but really the tax increase wasn't the reason only, some of it.
i decided i had had enough and that it was getting ridiculous in cost.
next your going to say that gas sales don't decrease when they jack the prices up to $4 a gallon.
granted they will still most likely see an increase in profits from the new taxes but i bet 25% of smokers will give it up because they simply cannot afford it.
tom77cj5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:09 PM   #53
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,982
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd View Post
I also support a yearly tax on those who do not have a college education. this tax would also compound yearly.
I am screwed.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:10 PM   #54
jeepman784
Now pedals a bicycle
 
jeepman784's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: grand rapids area, michigan
Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (9)
Send a message via AIM to jeepman784
Quote:
Originally Posted by howell_jeep View Post
That's the best one so far! I fully support it, along with being able to vote only after you pass a voter registration exam. Just some simple shit, like that 2/2 is not equal to 2.
yea, how about literacy exams. or black people... eer uuh, i mean uneducated people only get to count as 3/5's

i think they tried that in the 1800-1900's, there was some little war or movement that got started... i don't think it was a big deal tho
jeepman784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:10 PM   #55
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,982
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by cj65 View Post
Very serious . I think they should double the tax yearly on both.
I don't even know how to respond to this.

I'm not a fan of smoking, I would love to go the bar and not come home smelling like smoke, but to tax people based on their choices in life just because you don't agree with them? Ridiculous.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:13 PM   #56
jeepman784
Now pedals a bicycle
 
jeepman784's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: grand rapids area, michigan
Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (9)
Send a message via AIM to jeepman784
Quote:
Originally Posted by ovrlnd
I also support a yearly tax on those who do not have a college education. this tax would also compound yearly.
yea, because just because i'll have a doctorate, i am better than everyone on this site with a masters, BS, BA, and associates degree?

Wow, i vote for that mentality. since i am in the top 10% of educated individuals, i am therefore smarter and will make better decisions than 90% of the population... WOOT.

p.s. i am educated, but i vote straight ticket republican... so THERE
jeepman784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:16 PM   #57
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,322
iTrader: (8)
Isn't Obama a smoker?
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:16 PM   #58
jeepman784
Now pedals a bicycle
 
jeepman784's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: grand rapids area, michigan
Posts: 1,578
iTrader: (9)
Send a message via AIM to jeepman784
who cares, you are paying him 400,000 a year to be pres. he can afford it.
jeepman784 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:23 PM   #59
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,982
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepman784 View Post
yea, because just because i'll have a doctorate, i am better than everyone on this site with a masters, BS, BA, and associates degree?

Wow, i vote for that mentality. since i am in the top 10% of educated individuals, i am therefore smarter and will make better decisions than 90% of the population... WOOT.

p.s. i am educated, but i vote straight ticket republican... so THERE
I don't have any of those. I'm stupid and have to pay more taxes
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old April 1st, 2009, 10:25 PM   #60
jeepitupyo
MMM Shrimp Slushy
 
jeepitupyo's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-23-06
Location: Flint 48507
Posts: 1,977
iTrader: (24)
Send a message via AIM to jeepitupyo
Wouldn't it be easier and more fair if the people taking hand outs actually had to earn them? I heard something today about requiring community service to collect unemployment or welfare benefits.
__________________
05 Silverado Crew Z71
00 XJ BDS Long Arms 35's
Beelby & Sons Towing
St. Pierre Inc. Machining and Welding
jeepitupyo is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:46 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.23023 seconds with 50 queries