Bible loophole (another stupid abortion thread) - Page 8 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #141
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk33041 View Post
To: toes, jeepin, dave, and anyone else that hijacked my simple religious humor
thread and transformed it into an never ending abortion thread, I'd like to say .

Go mow someones grass, Forrest...
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:29 AM   #142
cwk33041
Senior Member
 
cwk33041's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-06
Location: Livonia & Houghton, MI
Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Go mow someones grass, Forrest...
go ahead and continue to argue over the web as you have done in the past.... and continue to feel as if you are important or listened too, because you post your political, ethical, moral views on a 4x4 site.
cwk33041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:33 AM   #143
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miffy View Post
I just wonder all of you that are so down on this, If your child, wife or mother, father etc. life could be saved by this would you feel different? Would this be the choice of the mother to give up her egg to save a life?

And if you say its Gods choice, did god give us the chance to do this?

It's not an egg after conception it's a person.

Why don't you tell us, how down you are on making the choice to kill someone because theres the potential to find a cure for somone else...

Where your off track is at this point the research and the resulting phantom cures are all speculation, they may never exsist...

So tell us how you would decide which person in your family you would have killed so that someone could try to find a cure that dosen't exsist...
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:40 AM   #144
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk33041 View Post
go ahead and continue to argue over the web as you have done in the past.... and continue to feel as if you are important or listened too, because you post your political, ethical, moral views on a 4x4 site.

I will....Keep responding to my posts to, because it is important to me to see different views from different people on ethics, politics, and moral views.

The cool thing is a 4x4 site is a unique view into a wide range of people....Kinda pointless to go to a liberal democrat site and see what people think, you probably already know....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 09:41 AM   #145
cwk33041
Senior Member
 
cwk33041's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-06
Location: Livonia & Houghton, MI
Posts: 801
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
It's not an egg after conception it's a person.

Why don't you tell us, how down you are on making the choice to kill someone because theres the potential to find a cure for somone else...

Where your off track is at this point the research and the resulting phantom cures are all speculation, they may never exsist...

So tell us how you would decide which person in your family you would have killed so that someone could try to find a cure that dosen't exsist...
I f I may ask this, How do you justify war in general? As in any war innocent people are going to die i.e. for a cause or a moral justification of the opposing parties. My point, is war for both parties is an act in which both are a fighting to better there own society in general, thus the innocent are going to die just as seen in stem-cell research. Also just out of principle, would you refuse a cure because it was founded on the basis of stem cell research?
cwk33041 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 25th, 2009, 10:47 AM   #146
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by cwk33041 View Post
I f I may ask this, How do you justify war in general? As in any war innocent people are going to die i.e. for a cause or a moral justification of the opposing parties. My point, is war for both parties is an act in which both are a fighting to better there own society in general, thus the innocent are going to die just as seen in stem-cell research. Also just out of principle, would you refuse a cure because it was founded on the basis of stem cell research?

I'm not sure I should answer, after all you don't care what I think and I don't want you to get all pissed off....(That was joking, by the way)

Justifying a war is complicated, Japan bombing us to us we don't see a reason, but we do see a reason to fight back... I don't see in that example where either side was fighting to better their society, especially the U.S.

But I know thats not your point.

I would not refuse anything that was founded on stem cell research and I think only a fool would.
But my position and my belief is we are killing humans as a result of that research.

So I don't approve of destroying an embyo for the sake of research, because I believe that is a person...

I don't approve of the way the Nazi's did research during ww 2 but I will use the knowledge from that research...

My response to you regarding this is. Do you think it is acceptable to use the techniques used in ww 2 to find cures, and do you think we should resume these procedures...

Do you think we should randomly take a person and do whatever we want to them in the name of science, or medical advancements.

Would you look at this as just an innocent death due to collateral damage in a war...

I don't.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:45 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.15184 seconds with 38 queries