Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

9 in install ?

1K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  CheapThrillB2 
#1 ·
i have a 94 Bronco and put a 9 in it. im wondering if someone makes a u joint to make it so i can use the stock drive shaft. if someone could tell me where to get one and what size that would be great.

#6 ·
If bronco's do run a 1330, you could get a pinion yoke out of a 77-79 f-150, I'm certain they are 1330's. Need a parts supplier? King Road Auto Parts in toledo has a small collection of those trucks and the sell parts fairly cheap.

#4 ·
napa sold me a combo joint for $13 and i bought a set of u-joing straps. then I took the flange off of my drive shaft and bolted the ujoing right to the 9" yoke. that fit perfectly but I took it all back and bought a crush sleve and swaped my 8.8 yoke onto the 9" and ran the stock drive shaft and flange setup.

#9 ·
if I'm not mistaken your computer is going to need that speed sensor in the rear 8.8 axle to shift grars and for the speedo to work. There is a year change in that 94-96 range that needs the signal to operate off of but cant remember which specifically. FSB has an article on the PSOM in the Tech section. Thats the reason why I skipped the 9" and jumped to a 10.25 :woot:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.