Blackberry Storm? - Page 3 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old February 22nd, 2009, 09:03 PM   #41
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I just picked up a 755p.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old March 8th, 2009, 09:28 PM   #42
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

I just bought a storm this weekend, battery isn't quite what I had hoped.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 8th, 2009, 09:30 PM   #43
2fst4you
Senior Member
 
2fst4you's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-30-07
Location: White Lake, MI
Posts: 3,178
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

its a piece looks cool btu so many problems couple of my buddies have it
2fst4you is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:40 AM   #44
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,948
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
I just bought a storm this weekend, battery isn't quite what I had hoped.
I thought that too when I first got it. Discharge/charge it a few times and it gets much better.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 10:45 AM   #45
mtnbikinbryno
Senior Member
 
mtnbikinbryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: TC
Posts: 5,404
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
I thought that too when I first got it. Discharge/charge it a few times and it gets much better.
x2
mtnbikinbryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 11:20 AM   #46
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikinbryno View Post
x2
Man I hope so. This post is the first real thing. I have done and I only have a few bars left.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 12:18 PM   #47
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,948
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Just so you know, you can charge it by using the USB data cable too. I have that set up at work along with the desktop software so that I can sync with my Outlook calendar here and charge it at the same time.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 02:55 PM   #48
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
Just so you know, you can charge it by using the USB data cable too. I have that set up at work along with the desktop software so that I can sync with my Outlook calendar here and charge it at the same time.
I also did some searching around. If you turn off the global phone (I don't need it) and put GPS to E911 only you save a ton of battery. VZNavigator also eats a bunch, you supposedly gain a ton of battery by deleting it. So far I have sat on one bar for a couple hours after just doing those tweaks. I also closed out apps I found were running in the background after I closed them.

I forgot to buy a cradle the other night, and I did not think I would need the USB cable today yet. I don't use Outlook, if only there was a version of the Outlook calendar by Mozilla.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:03 PM   #49
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,948
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

I skipped VZNavigator. I downloaded Google Maps and enabled it so it can track me. It works pretty well for free. I will have to make sure the global phone app is shut off too.
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #50
mtnbikinbryno
Senior Member
 
mtnbikinbryno's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: TC
Posts: 5,404
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mtnbikinbryno
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
I also did some searching around. If you turn off the global phone (I don't need it) and put GPS to E911 only you save a ton of battery. VZNavigator also eats a bunch, you supposedly gain a ton of battery by deleting it. So far I have sat on one bar for a couple hours after just doing those tweaks. I also closed out apps I found were running in the background after I closed them.

I forgot to buy a cradle the other night, and I did not think I would need the USB cable today yet. I don't use Outlook, if only there was a version of the Outlook calendar by Mozilla.
Also adjust your background brightness to the lowest it can go. It's still plenty bright enough to see on the lowest setting.
mtnbikinbryno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:22 PM   #51
BigBert
Gone Huntin'
 
BigBert's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-15-07
Location: Eaton Rapids
Posts: 138
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I love mine had it for over a week now
BigBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:27 PM   #52
victorymike
Geocache Addict
 
victorymike's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Marquette, MI
Posts: 1,462
iTrader: (17)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I haven't experienced a single problem with my Blackberry Storm that I got Feb. 14th. It has worked flawlessly since I got it. I watched the entire episode of Heroes that I missed last week (and the end of Chuck) on my Storm. Also surfed thru some YouTube videos. Looked up a recipe for some dinner I made the other night (spice reccommendations). Get my email and MSN Messenger stuff all the time. Look up goecaching stuff, take pictures and email them to people right on the spot. It is freakin' awesome. I will say that the battery life is not spectacular (I get around 2 days between charges with plenty of use) but there are aftermarket extended life batteries for it (one is downright huge and looks like a sleeper cab on the back of the Storm).
victorymike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 04:31 PM   #53
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnbikinbryno View Post
Also adjust your background brightness to the lowest it can go. It's still plenty bright enough to see on the lowest setting.
It's set about 40 or 50% right now. After doing those mods I have gone the second half the day on that last bar and a half (or less) or battery. I have been texting and surfing a bit as well.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old March 9th, 2009, 08:09 PM   #54
sodapop
Support the Sport!
 
sodapop's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-11-05
Location: Harrison Twp, MI
Posts: 2,015
iTrader: (18)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Anybody using a BB storm or Curve with Novell Groupwise? I'm debating which to purchase right now too. i haven't had a blackberry before but I have been using PDA's for a long time. I'm leaning towards the curve due to it's speed, the trackball, and to save $100.
sodapop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:02 PM   #55
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

The iphone thread got me thinking on this.

So the .148 update came out, and my phone is 1000% better. Mine was one of the ones with a TON of glitches. Working great now, however even though there is a bunch of apps available, I haven't found many I like (or really need). Battery life is greatly improved.

Memory gets hogged up fast I found out as well. The Quicklaunch app is simply outstanding.

Anyone else have anything good for theirs yet? I like the Bolt Browser download over the standard one, but it won't save the damn cookies right and remember me on websites for some damn reason.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #56
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
Anyone else have anything good for theirs yet? I like the Bolt Browser download over the standard one, but it won't save the damn cookies right and remember me on websites for some damn reason.
That has been happening to me on my Treo, also. Pirate has become a tremendous pain in the ass to log into from my phone. Are all the site you are having the cookie issues with running vBulletin?
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 17th, 2009, 03:31 PM   #57
s10ChevyBoy
Senior Member
 
s10ChevyBoy's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-04-07
Location: Gladwin, Mi
Posts: 179
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via MSN to s10ChevyBoy Send a message via Yahoo to s10ChevyBoy
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepfreak81 View Post
The iphone thread got me thinking on this.

So the .148 update came out, and my phone is 1000% better. Mine was one of the ones with a TON of glitches. Working great now, however even though there is a bunch of apps available, I haven't found many I like (or really need). Battery life is greatly improved.

Memory gets hogged up fast I found out as well. The Quicklaunch app is simply outstanding.

Anyone else have anything good for theirs yet? I like the Bolt Browser download over the standard one, but it won't save the damn cookies right and remember me on websites for some damn reason.

I was ready to smash the damn thing and get an IPhone until .148 came out... Have you checked out www.stormota.com? They've got a decent selection of apps.

My favorite app so far is Berry Wars, it's a Storm version of the old Dope Wars game, great for burning some time. Sexy Dice is a fun app. that you and your woman can enjoy.
s10ChevyBoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:16 PM   #58
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,517
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

i use GL on BB sometimes, also some other sites i should make a GL app
Rockstar is online now   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:26 PM   #59
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,381
iTrader: (23)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
That has been happening to me on my Treo, also. Pirate has become a tremendous pain in the ass to log into from my phone. Are all the site you are having the cookie issues with running vBulletin?
Just saw this... with Bolt... all of the sites do it
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old June 29th, 2009, 07:51 PM   #60
thrca
UberGeek
 
thrca's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-04-07
Location: Big Rapids, MI
Posts: 569
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I used a BB Storm for a while and absolutely hated it. I do a lot of email/text on my phone, and found that the on screen keyboard was the fail. The keys light up as you finger over them, but to push them, you actually push the screen in (its flexible, so it can push in about 1/16th inch). It's really sucky for typing on, but other than that, a nifty gadget. I switched back to a curve and am really happy with it.
thrca is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:57 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32924 seconds with 80 queries