Making some changes this weekend. If you see bad stuff, post it here. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier All Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old January 1st, 2009, 10:59 PM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,431
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default Making some changes this weekend. If you see bad stuff, post it here.

Making a bunch of things pop up, instead of loading a page..

If you get any goofy pop up blocker warnings, please let me know, because I'm trying to make the pops happen without being blocked.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:01 PM   #2
MrGrey
propane evangelist
 
MrGrey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-04-07
Location: Davison
Posts: 798
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Making a bunch of things pop up, instead of loading a page..

If you get any goofy pop up blocker warnings, please let me know, because I'm trying to make the pops happen without being blocked.
you're making manditory?
MrGrey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 1st, 2009, 11:10 PM   #3
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

What is contextweb.com trying to do?
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:38 AM   #4
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,431
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
What is contextweb.com trying to do?
wat?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 08:55 AM   #5
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
What is contextweb.com trying to do?
x2?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:03 AM   #6
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,431
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Can you guys pm me a copy of your screenshot?

There are some scripts that have been running for a year now that shouldn't have changed. Contextweb is one of them.. Maybe you're just noticing now since I posted this thread. Also a bigboards script, woopra, analytics, and some other items that some popup blockers may view as a pop-up, even though they are not.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:05 AM   #7
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Can you guys pm me a copy of your screenshot?
If i can get it to fukc up again. i had one occurrence, and i fucked with my blockers setting until i made sure it wont happen again. I hate popups.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:14 AM   #8
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,431
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

well, nothing has changed except for a PM script right now which should now make any "send pm's" in a post bit into a popup window so you don't have to migrate back to the thread after sending it.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 09:41 AM   #9
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
well, nothing has changed except for a PM script right now which should now make any "send pm's" in a post bit into a popup window so you don't have to migrate back to the thread after sending it.
its working fine now, fucking awesome.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 11:34 AM   #10
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
There are some scripts that have been running for a year now that shouldn't have changed. Contextweb is one of them.. Maybe you're just noticing now since I posted this thread. Also a bigboards script, woopra, analytics, and some other items that some popup blockers may view as a pop-up, even though they are not.
That's possible. I haven't really gone looking until you mentioned it. All I see Firefox stopping is Analytics and Contextweb.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 2nd, 2009, 10:58 PM   #11
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I hate the new PM feature. Mostly because it goes right off the screen at 1024x768 on a 31" monitor and I have to scroll just to get to the "X" in order to get out of it and go to the PM link in the upper right.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 04:48 PM   #12
CheapThrillB2
FAWK YEAH!!
 
CheapThrillB2's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-06-06
Location: Middleville, MI
Posts: 30,959
iTrader: (61)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
I hate the new PM feature. Mostly because it goes right off the screen at 1024x768 on a 31" monitor and I have to scroll just to get to the "X" in order to get out of it and go to the PM link in the upper right.
i agree, on my comp at work and at home it has issues with loading the full pm screen. likes to stop half way and i can't get to the send button.
CheapThrillB2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 5th, 2009, 05:25 PM   #13
Chiefwoohaw
Pokerob is my B*tch!
 
Chiefwoohaw's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Cincinnati, OH
Posts: 11,505
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

The pop up PM idea is pretty cool!!
Chiefwoohaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:18 AM   #14
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Right-clicking on "Send a private message to..." off the drop-down menu no longer takes you to a new PM.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:19 AM   #15
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,431
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Is the popup screen loading to wide, or too tall?
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:25 AM   #16
shaker
In the band!
 
Join Date: 09-10-06
Location: West Branch
Posts: 1,070
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
If i can get it to fukc up again. i had one occurrence, and i fucked with my blockers setting until i made sure it wont happen again. I hate popups.
I love pop ups.
shaker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:44 AM   #17
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Is the popup screen loading to wide, or too tall?
I've seen it do both so far depending which PC I am on, but usually too wide. Makes the functionality I mentioned in post #14 useless on my phone, too. Can't PM someone from a thread anymore.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #18
1badzuk
Senior Member
 
1badzuk's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-21-07
Location: grand rapids mi
Posts: 3,786
iTrader: (51)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

i love the new pm option!
1badzuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:50 AM   #19
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,431
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 95 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
I've seen it do both so far depending which PC I am on, but usually too wide. Makes the functionality I mentioned in post #14 useless on my phone, too. Can't PM someone from a thread anymore.
0.38% of page views are from mobile phones, so that is just too bad
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old January 7th, 2009, 09:52 AM   #20
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
0.38% of page views are from mobile phones, so that is just too bad
You're right. Browsing the web from phones will never take off.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Site comments, issues, or suggestions and announcements

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:14 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.77261 seconds with 80 queries