Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

The Pub A friendly forum where everybody is nice, and will answer any questions you have about life.







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 20th, 2008, 05:09 PM   #1
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
Ford said "no thanks" to the bailout

http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

All the more reason to be a Ford person...
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 06:20 PM   #2
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
right... I'm fairly certain everyone working for Ford is gloating, and supremely confident in their career, benefits, and the long term viability of the corporation...

the shit hit the fan earlier at Ford, while the economy was in a slightly better position so they started their turn around efforts earlier.

Chrysler was bled by Daimler, and GM has been way too large, with too much divisional product overlap for decades.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 06:58 PM   #3
OnlyInMyXJ22
No Money = No Fun
 
OnlyInMyXJ22's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: Brighton, MI
Posts: 7,218
iTrader: (60)
Send a message via AIM to OnlyInMyXJ22 Send a message via Skype™ to OnlyInMyXJ22
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
the shit hit the fan earlier at Ford, while the economy was in a slightly better position so they started their turn around efforts earlier.

Chrysler was bled by Daimler, and GM has been way too large, with too much divisional product overlap for decades.
You pretty much summed it up.
__________________
*1999 XJ
*1998 Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocross2xtremes View Post
Mine is just sloppy
OnlyInMyXJ22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 20th, 2008, 07:03 PM   #4
super_b ak
Member
 
Join Date: 12-01-08
Location: Wasilla AK
Posts: 95
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIeselman View Post
http://www.breitbart.com/article.php...show_article=1

All the more reason to be a Ford person...
Now if only they could build a good motor that they used for more then 2 years
super_b ak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 10:23 AM   #5
Lothos
KD8GKB
 
Lothos's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-17-05
Location: .5 past lightspeed
Posts: 6,506
iTrader: (3)
Send a message via ICQ to Lothos Send a message via AIM to Lothos Send a message via Yahoo to Lothos
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
right... I'm fairly certain everyone working for Ford is gloating, and supremely confident in their career, benefits, and the long term viability of the corporation...

the shit hit the fan earlier at Ford, while the economy was in a slightly better position so they started their turn around efforts earlier.

Chrysler was bled by Daimler, and GM has been way too large, with too much divisional product overlap for decades.
Ford is cutting 10% more salary payroll come January.
Lothos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 10:27 AM   #6
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
I don't really like Fords because they can be a real pain in the ass to work on plus Ford isn't very good about getting it's technical information out to the aftermarket world (even though the law says thay have to).

With that said I'm glad to see Ford standing on their own two feet.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 10:28 AM   #7
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (3)
Ford mortgaged everything to the hilt as part of their plan to restructure. This was done before the markets collapsed and the banks stopped lending money. They have enough money now, but may have to approach the government later this year if the economy keeps taking.

Chrysler started their restructuring plan a couple of years ago too, but was caught in a situation where they could not ride out this kind of a major downturn.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:13 PM   #8
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,083
iTrader: (46)
I would rather push a chevy then drive a ford. They have one vehicle I like and the EPA killed it with all of the aftertreatment bullshit on the engine and thats the superduty diesels. I'd never consider a new ford at this point.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:20 PM   #9
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
I would rather push a chevy then drive a ford. They have one vehicle I like and the EPA killed it with all of the aftertreatment bullshit on the engine and thats the superduty diesels. I'd never consider a new ford at this point.
There's one born every minute and most of them live.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:25 PM   #10
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by UP_ROKTOY View Post
I would rather push a chevy then drive a ford. They have one vehicle I like and the EPA killed it with all of the aftertreatment bullshit on the engine and thats the superduty diesels. I'd never consider a new ford at this point.
x2 i would dive a ford Taurus actually. their trucks suck balls.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:51 PM   #11
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...t-selling-cars

The F-150 attracted 473,933 buyers this year, making it the No. 1-selling vehicle for 2008--it's been the best-selling vehicle in America for 27 years running. Another 431,725 buyers drove off Chevrolet lots in a Silverado.

There's a reason they have been on top for 27 years in a row. While they are fine for commuting, There is nothing the silverado has over the F-150.

We have another live one! A Taurus? I don't think I'd drive one of those!
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 12:55 PM   #12
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
who the hell drives a half ton? the duramax is a better engine and the allisons are excellent transmissions. the ride quality and the interior in the Chevrolet are top notch. plus they cost less. I heard a rumor ford just took out a big mortgage?
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:07 PM   #13
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
And GM's now on Welfare!

Who the hell drives a half ton?

473,933 people are driving new one's just this year alone.

Last edited by IDIeselman; December 21st, 2008 at 01:43 PM.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:10 PM   #14
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIeselman View Post
And GM's now on Welfare!
either way, they both had to take loans to stay afloat. i would rather borrow money from uncle sam than borrow it from a banker, he is a little more understanding. wait until the Chinese end up taking possession of ford.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:16 PM   #15
xj97sport
atv rider
 
xj97sport's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-08-08
Location: south west
Posts: 6,557
iTrader: (20)
sad day ... i agree with steveo .... the duramax is wayyyy better then any ford truck
xj97sport is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM   #16
iwantawrangler
The land of Boredom..
 
iwantawrangler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 06-24-08
Location: Southwest, Mi
Posts: 4,169
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to iwantawrangler
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
either way, they both had to take loans to stay afloat. i would rather borrow money from uncle sam than borrow it from a banker, he is a little more understanding. wait until the Chinese end up taking possession of ford.

i cant wait. ive always wondered what a hyundai, or daewoo motor would do in an f150. gotta be a step up :-D
iwantawrangler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:45 PM   #17
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by jthorrocks View Post
sad day ... i agree with steveo .... the duramax is wayyyy better then any ford truck
Yeah! They really topped the charts didn't they?
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:48 PM   #18
IDIeselman
Senior Member
 
IDIeselman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-23-07
Location: ludington mi
Posts: 1,848
iTrader: (18)
Quote:
Originally Posted by iwantawrangler View Post
i cant wait. ive always wondered what a hyundai, or daewoo motor would do in an f150. gotta be a step up :-D
Possibly, GM didn't do too bad with the Isuzu diesel.

I'm thankfull Ford has chosen to keep its' integrity intact and solve it's problems without burdening us in the process.

Last edited by IDIeselman; December 21st, 2008 at 01:56 PM.
IDIeselman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:50 PM   #19
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,083
iTrader: (46)
Quote:
Originally Posted by IDIeselman View Post
http://autos.yahoo.com/articles/auto...t-selling-cars

The F-150 attracted 473,933 buyers this year, making it the No. 1-selling vehicle for 2008--it's been the best-selling vehicle in America for 27 years running. Another 431,725 buyers drove off Chevrolet lots in a Silverado.
There's a reason they have been on top for 27 years in a row. While they are fine for commuting, There is nothing the silverado has over the F-150.

We have another live one! A Taurus? I don't think I'd drive one of those!
Thats cute, so Ford sold 42,000 more F150's then General Motors sold Silverado's. How many Sierra's did General Motors sell?


I rest my case.
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 21st, 2008, 01:58 PM   #20
kickstand
sHaMoNe!
 
kickstand's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-20-06
Location: fenton
Posts: 30,083
iTrader: (46)
Here's january 2008 for you.

Ford F-Series
41,125 -8.4% YTD
Jan 2008: 41,125
Jan 2007: 44,919 lost 3794 units

Chevrolet Silverado
36,122 -5.9% YTD
Jan 2008: 36,122
Jan 2007: 38,393 lost 2271 units


GMC Sierra
13,200 +0.4% YTD
Jan 2008: 13,200
Jan 2007: 13,147 gained 53 units



Seems if you do the math more people are buying the truck from General Motors, but what the hell do I know, the f150 is on the top of the list
kickstand is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > The Pub
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:12 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.31068 seconds with 50 queries