Jeep Skool - Page 9 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:02 AM   #161
lastmanstandin
EvL 1
 
lastmanstandin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-27-09
Location: Coldwater Michigan
Posts: 3,566
iTrader: (30)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to lastmanstandin
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
Second weekend of every Month through the Spring.
Thats not enough....
lastmanstandin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old November 30th, 2009, 08:54 AM   #162
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,235
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000xjclassic View Post
Yeah, Mr. Robocon has some extremely revealing pictures of me and if they get out I will have absolutely no chance at being the next American Idol.

In all seriousness, I am just trying to prove JeepSkool to be a legitimate and awesome place to wheel in Ohio. Really, the equation is simple:

The more place to wheel -> the more people there are that wheel -> more new places open up.



I fully understand while some people are upset. Robocon came to your site and was pretty disrespectful. I'm sorry for that but it has already happened.

If you do have any more questions that I can answer here, fire away.

If you wanna know more about the rules, what kind of terrain we have, anything, ask away. I will do my best to answer.


you are just as bad as the douchebag you are trying to protect...I will call robofag, obama, and you nancy pelosi...what do you have to gain by protecting this guy and promoting this stupid school?
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 09:16 AM   #163
Rockstar
sɐƃǝʌ sɐן
 
Rockstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-25-07
Location: Taylor,Mi
Posts: 8,504
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by kareless View Post
WHO????
Well Well now... if you been going to Rocks and Valleys alot you should know who... The Baconator.. Gotrocks
Rockstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:02 AM   #164
2000xjclassic
Member
 
Join Date: 11-29-09
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I won't go back and look for statements to quote about deleted posts on his site but.......

When I joined his site a year ago there was discussion about what the class should be. People were talking about things like changing tires, air pressures, hi-lift jacks, winches, etc. When I made the statement that those items would take 4 + hours to cover properly and they were nuts if they thought they could do it in a half hour, MY POST WAS DELETED. I tried rephrasing it, it was deleted again. I asked why it was deleted, no answer, my question was deleted. So, yes, I was one of those people who was so mean and nasty that I needed to be deleted. You all know that's my style.

Then I was told that any form of arguing on the site would not be tolerated. I was also told I was not the kind of person they wanted there. Then I went away.

Now some other info. I made a strong effort to resolve issues with Kelly through pm's. I apologized and we had a half dozen decent conversations.
I'm sorry that some of your previous posts on JeepSkool were taken the wrong way and deleted. I'm glad we didn't go through all of that simple stuff in Skool because the first Skooling was long enough (Don't worry, it has gotten much shorter and refined since then).

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
I offered up some of the tried and true GLFWDA info and offered to get a bunch of GLFWDA members who had been around to come down and give him some comments on what they had seen around the country in other parks. He never took me up on it.
The only explanation that I can offer for this is that Robocon has said time and time again that he would not like to use any other ORV parks as a basis for JeepSkool. He wants to start with a clean slate and do it the way he thinks it should be done. To him, this means a Safe, Legal, and Family Fun place to wheel. This means JeepSkool.com is absolutely kid friendly. At JeepSkool we have a pavillion that during the summer months, we try to have bands play at and we also try to have activities for the kids. We also have a brand new (heated) bath house with toilets and showers. All of these improvements have been added to the property in hopes that it will draw in more families.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
Since then, I've kind of forgotten about the place because it seemed targeted at the <35" crowd. But now that I've seen his further tirades, I'm convinced that he's not going to change. Therefore, my money goes elsewhere.
JeepSkool has plenty of obstacles to cater to 35"-40" crowd. There are a few trails that have yet to be completed (and named) including one pretty crazy rock crawl that I would like to see someone do.

Sorry that you can't be convinced on giving JeepSkool another look, but if you do, let me know please.
2000xjclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:08 AM   #165
2000xjclassic
Member
 
Join Date: 11-29-09
Location: Cleveland Ohio
Posts: 37
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by High Center Hancho View Post
you are just as bad as the douchebag you are trying to protect...I will call robofag, obama, and you nancy pelosi...what do you have to gain by protecting this guy and promoting this stupid school?
I have nothing to gain. I am just volunteer staff at JeepSkool. I'm just trying to set the record straight on what JeepSkool is really about. If I can get a few more people to check out JeepSkool in the process, great. Its always cool to have new people to wheel with.
2000xjclassic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 10:44 AM   #166
kareless
Dirty Little Girl!
 
kareless's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-24-07
Location: Harrison, Mi
Posts: 4,248
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockstar View Post
Well Well now... if you been going to Rocks and Valleys alot you should know who... The Baconator.. Gotrocks
Well well now if you weren't an ass you might know that Anthony has a ZJ not an XJ

Oh and I am at Rocks & Valleys every weekend they are open, cooking and helping people out not being a dumb ass and running my mouth
kareless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 11:23 AM   #167
whiterhino
I'm not old, honest...
 
whiterhino's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-07-06
Location: Davisburg MI
Posts: 21,733
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 14 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2000xjclassic View Post
The only explanation that I can offer for this is that Robocon has said time and time again that he would not like to use any other ORV parks as a basis for JeepSkool. He wants to start with a clean slate and do it the way he thinks it should be done. To him, this means a Safe, Legal, and Family Fun place to wheel. This means JeepSkool.com is absolutely kid friendly. At JeepSkool we have a pavillion that during the summer months, we try to have bands play at and we also try to have activities for the kids. We also have a brand new (heated) bath house with toilets and showers. All of these improvements have been added to the property in hopes that it will draw in more families.
That's just plain stupid. Many of us have traveled all over the country to some of the biggest named offroad parks in the country. To ignore the good OR bad of each one to learn from is just arrogant. You have a guy who is a motocross expert, not a full size rig expert. He's never wheeled at another park, run another park or worked at another park. But yet, he's got the arrogance to say that his way is the only way. I can only shake my head at that.

Does he have the audacity to think that no other park in the country is safe or kid friendly??? Does he have the audacity to believe that all other parks allow drinking on the premises, don't have speed limits, don't have directional arrows, don't have trail ratings, haven't dealt with injury or death????

How can anyone be that arrogant? Business 101 will tell anyone to evaluate your competition before you jump in head first. I just don't get it.

2000xjclassic, I appreciate your efforts. But, I can't understand why you are now the chosen one to smooth the waters. It needs to come from Kelly.
whiterhino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 02:52 PM   #168
Tab
Senior Member
 
Tab's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Freeland, mi
Posts: 4,890
iTrader: (29)
Mentioned: 7 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
2000xjclassic, I appreciate your efforts. But, I can't understand why you are now the chosen one to smooth the waters. It needs to come from Kelly.
Are we sure they're not one in the same? Maybe this is the douch bags way of coming on to explain it away while not having to apologize so he can save face. 2000xjclassic just seems to care WAY too much when the "owner" doesn't seem to give a shit. Whatever, I will never go there anyway so it doesn't matter to me at this point.
Tab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:10 PM   #169
High Center Hancho
rack tap re-rack click
 
High Center Hancho's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-10-07
Location: Genesee County
Posts: 13,235
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tab View Post
Are we sure they're not one in the same? Maybe this is the douch bags way of coming on to explain it away while not having to apologize so he can save face. 2000xjclassic just seems to care WAY too much when the "owner" doesn't seem to give a shit. Whatever, I will never go there anyway so it doesn't matter to me at this point.
my point exactly
High Center Hancho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:22 PM   #170
Icemanii
GLFWDA Land Use Committee
 
Icemanii's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: 48085
Posts: 5,233
iTrader: (16)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Well, one thing the 'owner' needs to keep in mind when treating potential customers like stupid children.

For a lot of us here in MI, the Badlands are within an hour of the same drive time as JS. So, with the difference in attitudes, the mandatory skool, and the terrain, not hard to figure out where to head.

Throw in R&V being within a couple hours or less for most of us and the same differences listed above and it is a no-brainer.
Icemanii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 03:47 PM   #171
All5ofus
Senior Member
 
All5ofus's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-02-07
Location: Temperance/Michigan
Posts: 2,804
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
Well, one thing the 'owner' needs to keep in mind when treating potential customers like stupid children.

For a lot of us here in MI, the Badlands are within an hour of the same drive time as JS. So, with the difference in attitudes, the mandatory skool, and the terrain, not hard to figure out where to head.

Throw in R&V being within a couple hours or less for most of us and the same differences listed above and it is a no-brainer.

X2
This "Skool" should be optional so the new guys that are alone and want to learn can. If he wants people to sit thru his class maybe he should offer a discount for those that have been "skooled" and stop acting like he's big daddy.

I went to JeepSkool in July and the guy seems to care about families. That I like but the being full of yourself and thinking it your way or the highway is pridefull and ignorant. I fear that he is the type of person that will not take any of this to heart and rather take a stiff neck stance.
I'm not sure why he ever had a "comments and suggestions" tread.
All5ofus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 04:15 PM   #172
02trailblazin
FROM JEEPS TO TRACKERS
 
02trailblazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-24-09
Location: Jerome,MI
Posts: 992
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstandin View Post
Thats not enough....
It will still be fun. It wont be that bad. Before you know it , it will be time to open for the summer
02trailblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:01 PM   #173
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,732
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
No, Dale Soinski does.

Kelly's family owns the BP Corner store and someone else in his Family owns Guitar Shack in Streetsboro, but I can't recall the relationship for that one.

EDIT: The Internet has way too much information on it.
Is that the same BP corner store that is the mandatory meeting spot before being lead to the skool?
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:03 PM   #174
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,732
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by whiterhino View Post
That's just plain stupid. Many of us have traveled all over the country to some of the biggest named offroad parks in the country. To ignore the good OR bad of each one to learn from is just arrogant. You have a guy who is a motocross expert, not a full size rig expert. He's never wheeled at another park, run another park or worked at another park. But yet, he's got the arrogance to say that his way is the only way. I can only shake my head at that.

Does he have the audacity to think that no other park in the country is safe or kid friendly??? Does he have the audacity to believe that all other parks allow drinking on the premises, don't have speed limits, don't have directional arrows, don't have trail ratings, haven't dealt with injury or death????

How can anyone be that arrogant? Business 101 will tell anyone to evaluate your competition before you jump in head first. I just don't get it.

2000xjclassic, I appreciate your efforts. But, I can't understand why you are now the chosen one to smooth the waters. It needs to come from Kelly.
You sound angry and might need some learn'n. Robocon needs to smack the back of your hand with a ruler.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:04 PM   #175
_Kyle_
Senior Member
 
_Kyle_'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-09
Location: Montgomery Village, MD/Lambertville, MI
Posts: 1,000
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to _Kyle_
Default

You would be correct Stan.
_Kyle_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:10 PM   #176
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,732
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by _Kyle_ View Post
You would be correct Stan.
How convenient.
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:12 PM   #177
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Icemanii View Post
Well, one thing the 'owner' needs to keep in mind when treating potential customers like stupid children.

For a lot of us here in MI, the Badlands are within an hour of the same drive time as JS. So, with the difference in attitudes, the mandatory skool, and the terrain, not hard to figure out where to head.

Throw in R&V being within a couple hours or less for most of us and the same differences listed above and it is a no-brainer.
Thank YOU !! Dont for get Bundy and Twisted Trails Fun parks as well.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:15 PM   #178
ronprice
Senior Member
 
ronprice's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-03-07
Location: Harrison/ Mi.
Posts: 4,988
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lastmanstandin View Post
Thats not enough....
R&V open the first weekend and TT has all their events on the 3rd weekend. That leaves one week for the Honey Do- List.
ronprice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #179
02trailblazin
FROM JEEPS TO TRACKERS
 
02trailblazin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-24-09
Location: Jerome,MI
Posts: 992
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronprice View Post
R&V open the first weekend and TT has all their events on the 3rd weekend. That leaves one week for the Honey Do- List.
That week is to fix what you broke. From what it sounds like, any park here in MI is better then what this dick has to offer. Some of the parks might not be as big, but the peoples attitude makes up for it.
02trailblazin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old November 30th, 2009, 05:20 PM   #180
Swampdog02
Wakley Creek Wacos!
 
Swampdog02's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-10-09
Location: Horton, MI
Posts: 1,053
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Insert Shameless Plug for Bundy Hill Off Road Park Here.
Swampdog02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Trail Rides & 4x4 Events
Tags
1 learn to spell school, 500$ if we dont like you, bendoverfor500please?, byelooseryourfired!, ghey stormtroopers, god loves fags go here, heepstoolftl!, ho, i suck my own dick, jpfab orv park, out of business, pay $500 for rape?, poop on your excavator, rape, robocock rules, robodouche, slackjawed faggots, who's banging my wife!!!, wtf is with this place?

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:01 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.40985 seconds with 81 queries