Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Anyone Have A 2001 Ford Exployer???

1K views 10 replies 6 participants last post by  kevinr839 
#1 ·
I need a picture of the engine from the drivers side view.

I have a issue with my vehicle and i cant seem to find a manual with picture of what i am looking For???

there was a hose blowing air out last nite and i lost all ability to drive?

no RPMs, petal to the floor, made weird hissing sounds?????

Thanks for the help guys-n-gals

#3 ·
another question???

not too sure but i found out it was a sensor egr valve, but the new $55 part i went and bought broke so now i still have no sensor, however when it was on there the damm thing still didnt start,

NEW ??

If i drove about 10 miles sucking all that air into the engine will that make the timing jump??????

#6 ·
the DPFE shouldnt cause a no start issue, or really affect much at all, its only job is to tell the ECM the position of the EGR..

the leak you felt was exhaust, as both of those rubber hoses go down to a metal tube that connects the EGR to the exhaust..it may cause the exhaust to suck in a small amount of air which could throw off the signal from the O2 sensors, but I doubt that it would affect them much at all...

you need to start looking in a different direction, I think...

describe the problem, and what happened causing it, how the vehicle acted just before the problem started, etc...may want to find someone that can scan the ECM for you..

of course, theres also always the basic checks for a crank-no-start....check spark, fuel delivery, air delivery, exhaust, and timing

*edit* hmmm...that made me think...if the exhaust is plugged, I could see it possibly building enough backpressure to blow one of those lines off, and you did say it was blowing air out...that would also cause a WOT no RPM problem, and keep the engine from starting...you could try disconnecting the exhaust right in front of the cats, or drilling a hole in the tube (that can later be welded shut) to test that...

#7 ·
Thanks for the input, okay this is how it went down Friday eve.

Got in truck, started it up and left work, got on freeway, drove fine, traffic very heavy going about 60-65 mph, decided after 10 miles to pass car, changed into fast lane and pressed gas, truck wouldnt go faster, so i decided to get back into middle lane, left off gas then back on gas to floor nothing started slowing down. acting funny and making loud whistling noise. egr sensor was bad, partially MELTED, yes melted, bought new one and broke it putting it on, bought another one, wont start at all, put code reader on truck says no code, tried starting it wont stay running,

could i have jummped timming driving home 10 miles like that?????

#11 ·
My freind had the same thing happen with his. When his egr (dpfe) sensor melted it melted a hole in the intake manifold where it is mounted to it. He used some epoxy stuff to repair the hole. A hole in the intake would definatly make it run like crap/not run. Put a new sensor on it after fixing hole and no problems in the last few years.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.