Why its the goverments fault for auto companys troubles - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:47 AM   #1
BenAbraham
Senior Member
 
BenAbraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-05-08
Location: Houghton/Mi
Posts: 233
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Why its the goverments fault for auto companys troubles

To sum it all up the big three are in trouble because of government intervention and regulation. If we were in a FREE MARKET unions "witch are one of the biggest reasons for them failing" wouldnít have any say in anything. I am all about individual rights. If I wont to buy a car that pollutes the environment thatís my choices I donít need people make that decision for me, if I donít want a safe car same thing. I am the biggest mopar fan here so the idea of a merger just kills me.
The Auto Channel
BenAbraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 22nd, 2008, 11:49 AM   #2
Stan
I got a gold chain
 
Stan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Shelby Twp.
Posts: 15,739
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 18 Post(s)
Default

:sigh:
Stan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:11 PM   #3
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAbraham View Post
To sum it all up the big three are in trouble because of government intervention and regulation. If we were in a FREE MARKET unions "witch are one of the biggest reasons for them failing" wouldnít have any say in anything. I am all about individual rights. If I wont to buy a car that pollutes the environment thatís my choices I donít need people make that decision for me, if I donít want a safe car same thing. I am the biggest mopar fan here so the idea of a merger just kills me.
The Auto Channel
what about the air that we ALL breathe? Your rights end where someone else's begins.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:29 PM   #4
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

poop. i hope they take the challenger and make it a v6 only car. also, i hope the cummins is taken from their truck line.

Last edited by steveo; October 22nd, 2008 at 03:33 PM.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM   #5
pizzaman
Senior Member
 
pizzaman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Independence Twsp, North Oakland County
Posts: 939
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAbraham View Post
To sum it all up the big three are in trouble because of government intervention and regulation. If we were in a FREE MARKET unions "witch are one of the biggest reasons for them failing" wouldnít have any say in anything. I am all about individual rights. If I wont to buy a car that pollutes the environment thatís my choices I donít need people make that decision for me, if I donít want a safe car same thing. I am the biggest mopar fan here so the idea of a merger just kills me. The Auto Channel
IB Greasemnkey claims to be the biggest mopar fan here and the merger kills him.
pizzaman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 03:34 PM   #6
jimhri
Senior Member
 
jimhri's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-07
Location: it's Tuesday so it must be Belguim
Posts: 3,328
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default big 3

along with gov't intervention, don't forget gov't turning a blind eye on domestic industrial issues. our local, state and federal gov'ts continously welcomed off shore manufacturers to build here in u.s., even giving tax breaks. we exerted NO protectionism of american industries. other governments have not allowed us to build plants in their countries, impose huge tariffs on vehicles we sell in their countries and even subsidize their auto-makers and other industries, especially electroinics and aviation, while we just roll over on these issues.
jimhri is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:18 PM   #7
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhri View Post
along with gov't intervention, don't forget gov't turning a blind eye on domestic industrial issues. our local, state and federal gov'ts continously welcomed off shore manufacturers to build here in u.s., even giving tax breaks. we exerted NO protectionism of american industries. other governments have not allowed us to build plants in their countries, impose huge tariffs on vehicles we sell in their countries and even subsidize their auto-makers and other industries, especially electroinics and aviation, while we just roll over on these issues.
X 500 brazillion
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:20 PM   #8
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,008
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
what about the air that we ALL breathe? Your rights end where someone else's begins.
If consumers were concerned with it, companies would adjust. No one needs a government to press issues.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:25 PM   #9
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
If consumers were concerned with it, companies would adjust. No one needs a government to press issues.
that doesn't make sense. What about people who are concerned with the air who don't drive cars, how does the free market address environmental issues in that case?

sometimes i think you guys think that the free market will solve any problem...

Last edited by mikesova; October 22nd, 2008 at 04:29 PM.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:54 PM   #10
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,008
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
that doesn't make sense. What about people who are concerned with the air who don't drive cars, how does the free market address environmental issues in that case?

sometimes i think you guys think that the free market will solve any problem...
If the company's customers want cars for cleaner air and their is big enough of demand, the company's will build it. If people don't care about the air, why do we need the government to take care of it for us?

I don't necessarily agree, I'm just playing Devil's advocate with you here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by pizzaman View Post
IB Greasemnkey claims to be the biggest mopar fan here and the merger kills him.
I've owned two Jeeps and two Dodges. I'd honestly not want to own anything else. I'd hate to see Chrysler go, but there's not much I can do about it. It is what it is. I've preached about buying domestic over and over again, but it falls on deaf ears. No one listens, and no one cares.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:58 PM   #11
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
If the company's customers want cars for cleaner air and their is big enough of demand, the company's will build it. If people don't care about the air, why do we need the government to take care of it for us?

I don't necessarily agree, I'm just playing Devil's advocate with you here.
ignorance, mainly, and even if a majority of the people are ignorant, there is going to be a minority of people who care. In a democracy, the rights of the minority are protected from the will of the majority.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 04:59 PM   #12
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,008
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
ignorance, mainly, and even if a majority of the people are ignorant, there is going to be a minority of people who care. In a democracy, the rights of the minority are protected from the will of the majority.
No, that's called socialism/communism. In a true democracy, majority rules.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 05:03 PM   #13
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Posts: 3,416
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimhri View Post
along with gov't intervention, don't forget gov't turning a blind eye on domestic industrial issues. our local, state and federal gov'ts continously welcomed off shore manufacturers to build here in u.s., even giving tax breaks. we exerted NO protectionism of american industries. other governments have not allowed us to build plants in their countries, impose huge tariffs on vehicles we sell in their countries and even subsidize their auto-makers and other industries, especially electroinics and aviation, while we just roll over on these issues.
Ok if you think so, but I beg to differ.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:20 PM   #14
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
No, that's called socialism/communism. In a true democracy, majority rules.
no it's not socialism/communism, it's our American democracy. America is not a majority rules country.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:25 PM   #15
BenAbraham
Senior Member
 
BenAbraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-05-08
Location: Houghton/Mi
Posts: 233
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Free market will solve any problem, government causes ALL of the problem if a company makes a bad decision they fail and donít get bailed out
Bailing companies out sets a bad example
INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS!!!
BenAbraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:28 PM   #16
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,843
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

If there's a merger, you won't have to worry about Cummins-powered pickups and Challengers, because the new owner already has two newer-design pickup lines and a new, allegedly better-priced Camaro coming out next year.

Unless Chrysler is bought by the other party, who will keep more of today's Chrysler around, at least until they change out the product line with their own. Dodge Ram - now with a Nissan turbodiesel!!!
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:38 PM   #17
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenAbraham View Post
Free market will solve any problem, government causes ALL of the problem if a company makes a bad decision they fail and donít get bailed out
Bailing companies out sets a bad example
INDIVIDUAL RIGHTS!!!
hmm. ok.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 06:43 PM   #18
BenAbraham
Senior Member
 
BenAbraham's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-05-08
Location: Houghton/Mi
Posts: 233
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

are u kidding me look how the government is doing, your dollar is worth nothing, government is growing larger and larger

Big Government=BAD
BenAbraham is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 07:43 PM   #19
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 18,008
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
no it's not socialism/communism, it's our American democracy. America is not a majority rules country.
You said democracy, not American democracy. Now you're changing your story.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 22nd, 2008, 08:30 PM   #20
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,824
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
You said democracy, not American democracy. Now you're changing your story.
sorry, thanks for the clarification, but it's still not communism. you're still wrong.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
benisretarded, benissmart, mikeshouldhuffsmog

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:59 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.26347 seconds with 80 queries