Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:40 AM   #121
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
How? It's impossible to make laws about gun control that don't contridict the "shall not be infringed" part of the the second amendment.
The same way we cannot buy stinger missiles for personal use....unless maybe you think people should be able to.
__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:46 AM   #122
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post
The same way we cannot buy stinger missiles for personal use....unless maybe you think people should be able to.

I can buy stinger missles, because I don't adhere to the law.

Pass as many gun control laws as you want, the criminal element dosen't care because they don't follow the law.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 08:55 AM   #123
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
you can support gun control, and still support the 2nd amendment.


Thats like saying you don't like apples, then having people assume you don't like apple trees, therefore you don't support orchard owners.


Yeah its politics, it all sucks
Wrong.

It says A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

Gun control laws infringe on your right to keep and bear arms.

Also if you do a little research you will see a continued attempt to attact the gun dealers and or manufacturers.

In your senario this would be representative of the guy havng an apple tree or the orchard owner.

You get a giant fail for this one.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #124
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I can buy stinger missles, because I don't adhere to the law.

Pass as many gun control laws as you want, the criminal element dosen't care because they don't follow the law.



You will not find 1 post of mine advocating gun laws..and you never will...

I am just stating a a fact. There are laws that "infringe the right to bear arms" on a federal level.
__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:12 AM   #125
aber61
Senior Member
 
aber61's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-22-08
Location: Commerce Twp. Michigan
Posts: 5,970
iTrader: (3)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
X2

And the fact that he wants to increase defense spending. Seriously? How about our schools which are dying right now? Sad.

On the flip side, Obama mutters and says "um" or "Uh" WAY too much. Its like he doesnt know what he wants to say, McCain doesnt have that problem.
yes , true um and uh usually means don't know what to say sooo... make up something. the people can see that he ums and uhs alot and that means he's lying.
aber61 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #126
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,411
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by aber61 View Post
yes , true um and uh usually means don't know what to say sooo... make up something. the people can see that he ums and uhs alot and that means he's lying.
He doesn't want to say how he really feels, he only wants to say what will get him elected. Obama doesn't his voting record brought into the light of day.
He is also avoiding his links to ACORN and voter fraud. His one big claim to fame is he registered 150k voters. Even if you count the felon and illegal immigrants it is quite a feat.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:20 AM   #127
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post
The same way we cannot buy stinger missiles for personal use....unless maybe you think people should be able to.
yes they should. why shouldn't i be able to have any weapon i want??
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #128
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
yes they should. why shouldn't i be able to have any weapon i want??
maybe your right...I'm pretty sure less people would cut me off in traffic if I traded in my Jeep for one of these..




I'm a little grumpy before I get my coffee.
__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #129
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post
maybe your right...I'm pretty sure less people would cut me off in traffic if I traded in my Jeep for one of these..




I'm a little grumpy before I get my coffee.
lol, nice. saying that i shouldn't be able to own a certain weapon because i may use it to kill a bunch of women and children would be like the liquor store refusing to sell me booze because i might drink and drive.
if a person is going to do something terrible, they are going to make do with the hardware they have avalable. for example, the 7 day waiting period on pistols. if i am so pissed at someone i am gonna shoot them, the last thing i am gonna do is go buy a brand new never been used pistol. you go out and get a pistol from that shady guy who sells dope to your cousin.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:55 AM   #130
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,481
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
after reading some of these responses, obama wasn't too far off about people clinging to guns and religion.

there are far more important things right now to worry about, i doubt any significant gun law changes are going to be made during our next presidents stay in office.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 09:58 AM   #131
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
after reading some of these responses, obama wasn't too far off about people clinging to guns and religion.

there are far more important things right now to worry about, i doubt any significant gun law changes are going to be made during our next presidents stay in office.
whats a significant change? he was talking about banning ffl holders within 5 miles of a school zone. that's not a major change, unless your a gun dealer that lives within 5 miles of a school. as for clinging to guns, i build my own firearms, its my hobby. i use them for hunting and target shooting.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:49 PM   #132
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post



You will not find 1 post of mine advocating gun laws..and you never will...

I am just stating a a fact. There are laws that "infringe the right to bear arms" on a federal level.
This was not directed at anybody.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:56 PM   #133
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
after reading some of these responses, obama wasn't too far off about people clinging to guns and religion.

there are far more important things right now to worry about, i doubt any significant gun law changes are going to be made during our next presidents stay in office.

Your probally right, I'm clinging to my Constitutional rights to bear arms and to practice my religion.

Oppy being the Socialistic Communist wannabe, would have to find this as an issue, since it goes agains't the very foundation of his Communist platform.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 01:23 PM   #134
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,872
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
IMO, McCain is the one most ignoring history, he comes across as not looking past his lifetime for experience, where as Obama is young enough to where he has too look at events that happened before him.



as far as history is concerned there's not much difference between 72 and 47, both need to look beyond their lifetimes. When McCain mentions things from the past, like all old men, he always words it as if he lived through it, which just makes him seem old.
Oh, yea. Obama was paying attention to all the history before him when he was busy growing up in another country. Please......
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 02:00 PM   #135
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,411
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
after reading some of these responses, obama wasn't too far off about people clinging to guns and religion.

there are far more important things right now to worry about, i doubt any significant gun law changes are going to be made during our next presidents stay in office.
The next president will be appointing possibly three supreme court justices. With Heller affirming the Second Amendment by a margin of only one vote, the constitutions survival is on shaky ground. From 1968 to 2008 gun rights issues have come around full circle.

The liberal zealots have an oportunity to change the make up of SCOTUS, for the protection of the government from the people.

Obama is downplaying the issue because of his record. If his past record/history is known and put into context of the future make-up of SCOTUS, the next second amendment challenge might not go so well.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 02:12 PM   #136
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
after reading some of these responses, obama wasn't too far off about people clinging to guns and religion.

there are far more important things right now to worry about, i doubt any significant gun law changes are going to be made during our next presidents stay in office.
gun control is like saying you need an iq test to state your oppinon i cling to my guns because 80percent of my meals come from things i kill and grow. and you take away pistols next your looking at rifles and when mcain gets elected and the race riots ensue i want to know my dad that lives in pontiac can defend him self i want to know that when habieb attacks the us my freinds and family members can defend them selfs. ps look at every major dictator ship their first move has traditionly been to ban guns why should a tyrant like obama be any diffrent there wont be gun law changes because they know they cant change gun laws due to the constituion
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 02:13 PM   #137
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
The next president will be appointing possibly three supreme court justices. With Heller affirming the Second Amendment by a margin of only one vote, the constitutions survival is on shaky ground. From 1968 to 2008 gun rights issues have come around full circle.

The liberal zealots have an oportunity to change the make up of SCOTUS, for the protection of the government from the people.

Obama is downplaying the issue because of his record. If his past record/history is known and put into context of the future make-up of SCOTUS, the next second amendment challenge might not go so well.
x2
the only reason the 1994 was was lifted was due to a republican pres./congress. that particular ban had zero positive effects on gun crime, but it made it harder/more expensive for law abiding citizens to purchase/own banned items. Individual states, IE commiefornia, new york, conn., mass., have strict gun laws, and they have had almost zero short term effects on crime, since criminals don't abide by the law. with a congress and a pres. they have the ability to pass another damn gun ban.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:25 PM   #138
Ebs
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: MI
Posts: 3,323
iTrader: (8)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
there are far more important things right now to worry about, i doubt any significant gun law changes are going to be made during our next presidents stay in office.
Who knows, the past two presidents saw some significant laws passed under their terms.

Bush: District of Columbia v. Heller

Clinton: Signed Assault Weapons Ban



...probably other stuff too, but its Sunday and I don't feel like doing 'homework' for you.
Ebs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:35 PM   #139
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ebs View Post
Who knows, the past two presidents saw some significant laws passed under their terms.

Bush: District of Columbia v. Heller
upheld our constitutional right to bear arms.
Clinton: Signed Assault Weapons Ban
unconstitutional ban on firearms.


...probably other stuff too, but its Sunday and I don't feel like doing 'homework' for you.
yes, and under the democrat the 2nd amendment was infringed upon, under the republican it gained back some ground.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 03:39 PM   #140
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,411
iTrader: (10)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
yes, and under the democrat the 2nd amendment was infringed upon, under the republican it gained back some ground.
I like your point, but G.W. didn't help the Heller decision. It lay purely on the Supreme Court. And won by only one vote.
This president will effect SCOTUS decisions for the next twenty years!
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
ditch diggers for mccain, nobama, steveoneedsadiaperchange, toes is a fag lol!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:07 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.29374 seconds with 50 queries