Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:19 AM   #81
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i bet you had more experience fucking fat girls in a van with carpet on the ceiling, and your still doing that 20+ years later.
How did you know I had a van ?????
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #82
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,271
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i bet you had more experience fucking fat girls in a van with carpet on the ceiling, and your still doing that 20+ years later.
See? Immaturity is all you've got.

yawn
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:21 AM   #83
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i bet you had more experience fucking fat girls in a van with carpet on the ceiling, and your still doing that 20+ years later.
It was sweet too.

1968 chevy with a 283 V-8 and a 3 spd on the tree.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #84
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,271
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
It was sweet too.

1968 chevy with a 283 V-8 and a 3 spd on the tree.
Heh, still got my 68 Chevy, 350/3spd

One day I'll restore it....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:29 AM   #85
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
See? Immaturity is all you've got.

yawn
I'm telling you, get used to it.....

The U.S. bicentennial is something they read about.

The recession of 1980 is something they read about.

Richard Nixon and Watergate is something they read about.

JFK getting shot is something they read about.

MLK getting shot is something they read about.

U.S. soldiers getting spit on when they come back from fighting for their country by protestors is something they read about.

Most of them don't know about Kent State.

Experiencing these events...... Priceless
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:35 AM   #86
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

when you dusty old farts get done blowing each other, let us know so we can get back to the debate.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:43 AM   #87
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,271
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
when you dusty old farts get done blowing each other, let us know so we can get back to the debate.
Remember- those who forget history are doomed to repeat it....


Can't remember if that was Steve McQueen or Paul Newman that said that.....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 11:56 AM   #88
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

SteveO, you are crazy if you think people dont need an education nowadays. We are in a global economy where jobs can go anywhere and are posted on the internet where anyone can apply. Now more than ever, it is important to get a degree so that you are competitive in the marketplace.

I agree we need labor jobs too, and I consider the trades and trade school an education. If I am not mistaken, you have tried the university route and it didnt work out for you. Now you are in trade school. Seems to me that you advocate getting an education while spewing hate towards those that have one. Why is this?
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:07 PM   #89
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
SteveO, you are crazy if you think people dont need an education nowadays. We are in a global economy where jobs can go anywhere and are posted on the internet where anyone can apply. Now more than ever, it is important to get a degree so that you are competitive in the marketplace.

I agree we need labor jobs too, and I consider the trades and trade school an education. If I am not mistaken, you have tried the university route and it didnt work out for you. Now you are in trade school. Seems to me that you advocate getting an education while spewing hate towards those that have one. Why is this?
I never said we don't need education. as for college, i am going to have a associates degree in welding tech on top of a trade school certificate by next june.

when i was in college, every semester a new crop of young bloods would move in every fall, with a free ride. they would then proceed to party their little black asses off every damn night. at the end of their first semester they were on academic probation. they then proceeded to party the whole next semester. at the end of that semester, they lost their finaid and were tossed out, having wasted 20k of the taxpayers money.

I am not against education, but i think the system needs to get its shit worked out before they get more money.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #90
Infinite_Wisdumb
.
 
Join Date: 05-18-06
Location: mi
Posts: 1,042
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
I never said we don't need education. as for college, i am going to have a associates degree in welding tech on top of a trade school certificate by next june.

when i was in college, every semester a new crop of young bloods would move in every fall, with a free ride. they would then proceed to party their little black asses off every damn night. at the end of their first semester they were on academic probation. they then proceeded to party the whole next semester. at the end of that semester, they lost their finaid and were tossed out, having wasted 20k of the taxpayers money.

I am not against education, but i think the system needs to get its shit worked out before they get more money.
Fair enough.
Infinite_Wisdumb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:09 PM   #91
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,550
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
when you dusty old farts get done blowing each other, let us know so we can get back to the debate.
This is just like the debate, someone who never carried a rifle, under orders, in combat, making speeches on how to win a war.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:20 PM   #92
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlooMule View Post
Remember- those who forget history are doomed to repeat it....

IMO, McCain is the one most ignoring history, he comes across as not looking past his lifetime for experience, where as Obama is young enough to where he has too look at events that happened before him.



as far as history is concerned there's not much difference between 72 and 47, both need to look beyond their lifetimes. When McCain mentions things from the past, like all old men, he always words it as if he lived through it, which just makes him seem old.
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:24 PM   #93
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
IMO, McCain is the one most ignoring history, he comes across as not looking past his lifetime for experience, where as Obama is young enough to where he has too look at events that happened before him.



as far as history is concerned there's not much difference between 72 and 47, both need to look beyond their lifetimes. When McCain mentions things from the past, like all old men, he always words it as if he lived through it, which just makes him seem old.
its always best to learn from the mistakes of others.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:27 PM   #94
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,271
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
its always best to learn from the mistakes of others.
Yep, but you REAALLY learn from your own screwups.... well, except maybe for Clinton....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:29 PM   #95
BlueydChevygal
Senior Member
 
BlueydChevygal's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-16-08
Location: Interlochen, MI
Posts: 171
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via Yahoo to BlueydChevygal
Default

I was happy that at least MCCain answered all of the questions asked to him. MCCain showed that he had knowledge of the past, that he had been to other countries, Obama hadnt. Obama stuttered, looked like he lost train of thought. Obama couldnt even answer the questions about what taxes he would cut. Instead he stated everything he wouldnt. He couldnt answer what he will do about the war, just proceeded to answer why it shouldnt have started and what went wrong. WE KNOW IT SHOULDNT HAVE STARTED AND THAT THEY SCREWED UP, WHAT ARE YOU GONNA DO TO FIX IT IDIOT??? I felt he continuously went to the past, instead of saying what he wanted to fix. Its easy to blame, now say what you are gonna do to fix it!!! Obama couldnt do it most of the time. I was not happy that he picked Biden, someone who has been in washington for 35 years, and what the hell as he done for us in those years??? Obama could have chosen Hillary, a PERSON who got 18 million votes, instead chooses a man who barely got 9 thousand. He just isnt reassuring enough for me!!
BlueydChevygal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 12:31 PM   #96
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,271
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

Yeah, I've been watching the debate (TIVO'd it) while cleaning up the house, and Obama needs to work on 'thinking on the fly'. That's really hurting him.


Still don't know who to back.....
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 01:46 PM   #97
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,550
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

The other thing that McCain reiterates is the record.
Look how they have both voted in the past. That should give a pretty good snapshot of their future.

Obama supported every gun control measure he saw. Every one and even criticized the sunset of AWB.
But now he says he has always supported the second amendment.

If you always tell the truth, your memory doesn't need to work as hard.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 02:04 PM   #98
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

you can support gun control, and still support the 2nd amendment.


Thats like saying you don't like apples, then having people assume you don't like apple trees, therefore you don't support orchard owners.


Yeah its politics, it all sucks
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 02:28 PM   #99
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,550
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
you can support gun control, and still support the 2nd amendment.


Thats like saying you don't like apples, then having people assume you don't like apple trees, therefore you don't support orchard owners.


Yeah its politics, it all sucks
No. It's like saying you don't want to take away americans rifles, pistols and shotguns, but your record for the last fifteen years shows that you have voted for every law/proposal/measure that did just that every chance you got.

Which is my original point. He has a record of voting to ban guns. All guns. But he says he would never do that.

McCain has a record also, he may change his postion on something, but he is stalwart on his views.
His campaign reflect his record.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 27th, 2008, 02:39 PM   #100
BlooMule
pew pew
 
BlooMule's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: a mile from the shithole
Posts: 24,271
iTrader: (12)
Mentioned: 10 Post(s)
Default

If the Republicans haven't overturned Roe v Wade yet, it's unlikely the Democrats can repeal the 2nd amendment.
__________________
-rw-rw-rw
BlooMule is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
ditch diggers for mccain, nobama, steveoneedsadiaperchange, toes is a fag lol!

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:13 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.29227 seconds with 50 queries