Palin is an idiot - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:39 AM   #61
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,623
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Register to vote, then vote or STFU
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:41 AM   #62
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
but he has only held two political positions how can he be qaulified thats less than most mayors

And so, with that logic, Obama is more qualififed than John McCain. After all John McCain has only held one political office.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:46 AM   #63
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
I disagree with you, but not.
I am Polish/Uke/Russian, but Obama has used his race for his sense of entitlement. The only thing my race has bought me is to step back to let a (minority) go to the head of the line.

The Quran teaches to kill the infadel that won't convert. A muslims word given to an infadel does not count and may be broken. I am not a muslim.

I assume you are implying that Obama is a Muslim

Obama has ostercized/disrespected the military, police and firefighters of this country. Thats me.

Obama selectivly supports the first amendment and has worked to weaken the second amendment. That makes him a non-starter.

.................................................. ..................
Can you provide verified proof for these statements? I would like to know if there is any truth, and if there is, I will accept it. Consider this a friendly challenge.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:47 AM   #64
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

I am enjoying playing "Devils Advocate" (No, I am not saying I am Obama's Lawyer)
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 11:50 AM   #65
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
in all my checking he has only held two positions(1and a half since he spent more time running for pre. than doing his job)
and i can only find one position biden has held
so dem ticket onl held 3(2 and a half) political positions

and palin has held five just my checking granted hers was like city council women and pta pres. but still more than barack and biden.
correct me if im wrong
i will qoute my self from earlyier the republican ticket is more quilified thand the dem ticket
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:03 PM   #66
jeepfreak81
81 inches of fun
 
jeepfreak81's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-10-05
Location: Lennon, Mi
Posts: 12,208
iTrader: (21)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to jeepfreak81 Send a message via MSN to jeepfreak81 Send a message via Yahoo to jeepfreak81
Default

Neither represents me. I am honestly considering just voting straight ticket libertarian or something just so I know I didn't vote for any incumbent idiots, or the newest idiots likely to get in.

If the US ousted everyone on office maybe the future politicians would wake up.
jeepfreak81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:05 PM   #67
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

""obama reminds me of a fellow student in a chemistry class in College. When we were given the opportunity to set the tenor of the final exam, he argued for an exam consisting of 100% essay. Of course he would, he was given the gift of gab. You know, a professional BullShitter. He could convince you to agree with him through words. If you litened to his words though, there was no substance, only words. A lot of general vague ides but nothing specific. He did it in class, he did it on papers. I think he was a used car salesman.""

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
fixed it for you

x10
Thats the first thing I thought of while reading it. Thats exactly what obama sounds like. A professional talker. The entire first debate was obama, in a round about - professional bullshitter way stating the obvious and saying that he was going to magically fix everything.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:14 PM   #68
XXXJ
Desert Rat
 
XXXJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-09-07
Location: Memphis, Mi
Posts: 5,623
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
Can you provide verified proof for these statements? I would like to know if there is any truth, and if there is, I will accept it. Consider this a friendly challenge.
That one is filled with controversy, and the truth probably lies in the middle. Barry Obama claims he is of christian faith, and we would have to take him at his word.

I am refering to his penchant to reach out to muslim exteremists, to make peace. Iraq/Iran, Iran/Iraq, the middle east will be a hot bed till the end of days. They have been fighting for a thousand years. Amongst them selves and every one else. Western values and philosophies are null and void. The call for a jihad has been loud and clear and knows no political boundaries. Only the absence of a unified leader has stalled an all out holy war. And all non-believers must die.

No, I cannot fulfill your challenge.

On edit: http://web.israelinsider.com/Article...tics/12918.htm who knows? If he is or was?

Last edited by XXXJ; October 2nd, 2008 at 12:36 PM.
XXXJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 12:39 PM   #69
smasheromalley
Senior Member
 
smasheromalley's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-06-05
Location: Michigan
Posts: 3,038
iTrader: (15)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
.........

What I see in her interviews is a person that is not engaged in the national or international dialogue outside of a few issues that she feels strongly about.
She can talk abortion (i.e. Row v. Wade) but can not identify a single other matter taken up by the Supreme Court, even in recent times.
If someone were to ask you where you get your news from, you would be able to answer with at least a few of your sources, wouldn't you? I read the Freep, the Detroit News, the Daily Tribune, MSNBC, CNN, and a few periodicals when they are available. How can she not give the name of a single publication or outlet? Not engaged.


..........
Media exists to perpetuate itself. When lawmakers base their decisions what the news media says is the truth it makes me cringe. One of the things I really respected about bush is his claim not to follow the news or newspapers. Why? Because they lie. If its not a lie is is false by omission. I dont believe following cnn is necessary to be a good leader.
smasheromalley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:02 PM   #70
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,488
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
Default

Evidently her awkward randomness/stupidity makes her a pretty good debater

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081001...aA3ILu1XL9wxIF
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:44 PM   #71
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
And so, with that logic, Obama is more qualififed than John McCain. After all John McCain has only held one political office.
Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
i will qoute my self from earlyier the republican ticket is more quilified thand the dem ticket

By your logic, I will give you that. But, you have still not answered my question about the top of the ticket. Forget Palin and Biden for just one minute.

By your standard of the number of political offices held, isn't Obama more qualified than McCain?



Now, back to Palin.

I find your logic to be flawed. Palin held more political positions before even running for Governor, does anyone really believe that would have made her more qualified than any of the others when the office of the US president is involved?

Numbers alone do not determine if a person is qualified.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:50 PM   #72
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Media exists to perpetuate itself. When lawmakers base their decisions what the news media says is the truth it makes me cringe. One of the things I really respected about bush is his claim not to follow the news or newspapers. Why? Because they lie. If its not a lie is is false by omission. I dont believe following cnn is necessary to be a good leader.


I will assume you did not watch that part of the Couric interview then.

From memory, cause I am too lazy to search right now:


Couric asked Palin which sources she uses to get news. (question was in context of the interview at that point).
Palin said all of them, any of them, whatever ones were in front of her. They have a lot of sources. Alaska is not a foreign country, (implying they are not out of touch). They are a microcosm of America.
Couric asked Palin to name a couple of those sources.
Palin could not come up with a single name.
This was not while being grilled in the studio, this was while strolling along outside in casual conversation.

Please go look up that part of the video.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 01:55 PM   #73
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXXJ View Post
That one is filled with controversy, and the truth probably lies in the middle. Barry Obama claims he is of christian faith, and we would have to take him at his word.

I am refering to his penchant to reach out to muslim exteremists, to make peace. Iraq/Iran, Iran/Iraq, the middle east will be a hot bed till the end of days. They have been fighting for a thousand years. Amongst them selves and every one else. Western values and philosophies are null and void. The call for a jihad has been loud and clear and knows no political boundaries. Only the absence of a unified leader has stalled an all out holy war. And all non-believers must die.

No, I cannot fulfill your challenge.

On edit: http://web.israelinsider.com/Article...tics/12918.htm who knows? If he is or was?



Thank you.
You have in fact fulfilled my challenge. That being to look for evidence for or against a stance.

I also like your personal answer on the extremist situation. Well thought out.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 02:01 PM   #74
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
Evidently her awkward randomness/stupidity makes her a pretty good debater

http://news.yahoo.com/s/csm/20081001...aA3ILu1XL9wxIF


I read that article the other day on a "Christian" site. (I know, blasphemy, but it was linked from the HuffPost, so my liberalism is not tainted )

Yep, she filled the debate with glitz and no substance basically. It sounded confident and knowledgable without any real knowledge. Too many debates are like that.
Look at the presidential. Win/lose was based a lot on how a person presented themselves rather than the substance of what they said.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 03:48 PM   #75
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PeteC View Post
I will assume you did not watch that part of the Couric interview then.

From memory, cause I am too lazy to search right now:


Couric asked Palin which sources she uses to get news. (question was in context of the interview at that point).
Palin said all of them, any of them, whatever ones were in front of her. They have a lot of sources. Alaska is not a foreign country, (implying they are not out of touch). They are a microcosm of America.
Couric asked Palin to name a couple of those sources.
Palin could not come up with a single name.
This was not while being grilled in the studio, this was while strolling along outside in casual conversation.

Please go look up that part of the video.
if my logic is flawed then lets go by yearsz in a political areana lets go by tasks completed ethier way mcain palin ticket is still the most qauilfied
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 04:03 PM   #76
97xj
Senior Member
 
97xj's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-04-06
Location: Whitmore Lake
Posts: 1,339
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
So - other than daring to criticize a popular TV show with a popular outspoken 60s liberal star thereby inciting the media against him, and misspelling "potato" in a sound bite - did Qualyle do that made him an "idiot"? Name one.

Quayle is a perfect example of the media manipulating images and access to information to burn a politican they don't like - something they have a long history of doing.
My point was more that Dan Quayle was picked and put onto the national stage before he was ready. For that reason he looked like an idiot in the media.

As for the 'E' on the end of potato... I sure hope he knows how to spell it now.

They all have gaffs, there will often be a cammera around to catch it. It is the recovery that matters and he did not recover very well too many times and the people decided that he was not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Being on the national stage means dealing with the media. If you cannot deal with them effectively you will look silly and go now where.



In 2 of the 3 interviews she rambled like an idiot. I am sorry but I did not see the FOX interview.

There are a few things that I would expect my VP to know and even a few of the Supreme Court cases would be good.

How about Plessy v. Ferguson?
Exxon v. Baker

I expect them to answer hard questions.. I look forward to tonight’s debate. My prediction will be that nothing will be answered. Republicans will think that she won... Dems will think that Joe won and we will be back here arguing on the Internet tomorrow.
97xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:17 PM   #77
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
if my logic is flawed then lets go by yearsz in a political areana lets go by tasks completed ethier way mcain palin ticket is still the most qauilfied

So, one line of logic will not work and you change to another?

Let's take a look at year of service in the political arena first.


McCain 26 (U.S. Congress, House and Senate) + Palin 16 (city council, mayor, governor) = 42 years
(I will not count PTA, if I remember correctly she was not president, just a member. Would not make a difference in the end anyway.)

Obama 12 (state legislature and U.S. Senate) + Biden 38 (county council and U.S. Senate) = 50 years

As far as important accomplishments in life. You would really have to look at the full resume of each individual. Not just what they have done in politics, but what they have done for the community.

That would include McCain's military service and everything he has done outside of the halls of congress as well as his record there. I am not that familiar with his activities, would like to know more.

Obama's community service as this was direct help to citizens. His education and teaching career. Not a minor feat to be the first black president of the Harvard Law Review. (oh, that is executive experience, isn't it?)

Biden has an interesting career as well. Took on and defeated a Republican for county council at age 27. Won Senate seat at age 29. You know, you learn something new everyday, I did not know the following. He was sworn in at the hospital bedsides of his young sons after an accident that critically injured them and took the lives of his wife and 1 year old daughter. Guess there is a little family hardsip to tug on the heart strings. Did you know he does not have a home in Washington D.C.? He commutes from his home in PA. every day.

Palin, well, we just don't know a whole lot about her yet. She is very religious, a fundamentalist even. She is a hunter, many like that. Outdoors person, great. What has she done to help others, outside of political office? I don't know, please tell me. (oh, she is not a native Alaskan either, as some in the right leaning media have said, not that it makes a difference to me)

So, tasks completed? Political records on file and available through simple searches. The 3 men have done a lot in their days, we are still learning about Palin.

As far as the good they did, or who did things better than others, that is a matter of perception and belief. Depends on how you feel about the topics dealt with.

I think at this level of politics, it is a wash.



Care to try another line of logic?
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:28 PM   #78
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
Default

so biden wastes my money commuting to work every day i learned somthing new as well i did not know obama was the president of something. although this does not change my oppinion i welcome you reaserch as i did not know all of the facts i still like the experince of the mcain palin ticket better than obama biden
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:40 PM   #79
doomsick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: GR Michigan
Posts: 340
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Palin=Shit Pile

Thats that.
doomsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 07:44 PM   #80
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Okay - I think we can all put the "how many cars", or "how many houses" argument to rest.

The Obamas own one car - and a hybrid at that. How positively earnest! So, do they keep the Escape in IL for Michelle to run the girls to soccer practice? So Barry's riding his bike to The Capitol? Think about it. Not owning cars means that the Obama's are dependent on other transportation - most likely an SUV or limo paid for by grateful donators or lobbyists...

And McCain's wife is loaded. They have vacation homes (most condos, actually) and homes purchased as investments. Not unusual for someone with her money at her age and stage of life.

Neither one is "regular folks". McCain is the son of an Admiral, who became a minor celebrity as result of his refusal to take an early release from a prison camp. He married a rich chick. Obama is an EEO role model, having been granted access to anything he wanted from his childhood on. He may technically be half-black, but in reality he's Kennedy white.

Oh, and President of the Harvard Law Review isn't "executive experience" - it's more like "editor experience"
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.

Last edited by DuffMan; October 2nd, 2008 at 07:47 PM.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:02 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.34582 seconds with 80 queries