Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #1
motrctyman
Just The Spouse's spouse
 
motrctyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,881
iTrader: (2)
Palin is an idiot

In an interview with CBS News anchor Katie Couric, Palin said: "It's funny that a comment like that was, kind of made to ... I don't know, you know? Reporters ..."

Couric said, "Mock?"

"Yeah," Palin said, "mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah."

When Couric asked how Alaska's closeness to Russia enhanced her foreign policy experience, Palin said, "Well, it certainly does because our ... our next-door neighbors are foreign countries." Alaska shares a border with Canada.

Palin didn't answer directly when Couric inquired about whether she had been involved in any negotiations with the Russians.

"We have trade missions back and forth," she replied. As she continued, Palin brought up Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

"It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to ... to our state," she said.
motrctyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:18 PM   #2
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrctyman View Post
In an interview with CBS News anchor Katie Couric, Palin said: "It's funny that a comment like that was, kind of made to ... I don't know, you know? Reporters ..."

Couric said, "Mock?"

"Yeah," Palin said, "mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah."

When Couric asked how Alaska's closeness to Russia enhanced her foreign policy experience, Palin said, "Well, it certainly does because our ... our next-door neighbors are foreign countries." Alaska shares a border with Canada.

Palin didn't answer directly when Couric inquired about whether she had been involved in any negotiations with the Russians.

"We have trade missions back and forth," she replied. As she continued, Palin brought up Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

"It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to ... to our state," she said.
your an idiot, that area will be the stage for ww3. it will be about the massive amounts of resources in the siberia/alaska area. it will involve china and russia, with the us as a ally of china....
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:32 PM   #3
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,555
iTrader: (3)
Huh? What??


http://www.cbsnews.com/sections/i_vi...ml?id=4478156n

Yea, there is a commercial first, deal with it.


p.s. this is a link to the actual interview that Motrctyman is quoting above.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:33 PM   #4
Trailrig
Hoggin'-N-Boggin'
 
Trailrig's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-12-06
Location: Flushing, MI
Posts: 1,815
iTrader: (24)
Send a message via AIM to Trailrig
yeah but shes hott, i vote for her
Trailrig is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:39 PM   #5
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,873
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrctyman View Post
In an interview with CBS News anchor Katie Couric, Palin said: "It's funny that a comment like that was, kind of made to ... I don't know, you know? Reporters ..."

Couric said, "Mock?"

"Yeah," Palin said, "mocked, I guess that's the word, yeah."

When Couric asked how Alaska's closeness to Russia enhanced her foreign policy experience, Palin said, "Well, it certainly does because our ... our next-door neighbors are foreign countries." Alaska shares a border with Canada.

Palin didn't answer directly when Couric inquired about whether she had been involved in any negotiations with the Russians.

"We have trade missions back and forth," she replied. As she continued, Palin brought up Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin.

"It's very important when you consider even national security issues with Russia as Putin rears his head and comes into the air space of the United States of America, where where do they go? It's Alaska. It's just right over the border. It is from Alaska that we send those out to make sure that an eye is being kept on this very powerful nation, Russia, because they are right there. They are right next to ... to our state," she said.
So, explain how that makes her an idiot???
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 04:59 PM   #6
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
So, explain how that makes her an idiot???
She's an idiot because she has had trade missions with Russia and Obama has given a speech in Germany.

So don't you see Obama clearly has a better grasp on foriegn policy.

?????????????????????????????????????????? Your guess is as good as mine.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:05 PM   #7
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,873
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
She's an idiot because she has had trade missions with Russia and Obama has given a speech in Germany.

So don't you see Obama clearly has a better grasp on foriegn policy.

?????????????????????????????????????????? Your guess is as good as mine.
I'm not arguing that she has a lot of foreign policy, that's pretty evident.

I don't get how stating what experience she does have, even how little it is, makes her stupid.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:27 PM   #8
Shakr
formerly square eyed rio
 
Shakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 544
iTrader: (4)
So she is an Idiot that makes her equal to Obama and Biden now right ? the playing field is getting leveled out.
Shakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 05:57 PM   #9
motrctyman
Just The Spouse's spouse
 
motrctyman's Avatar
 
Join Date: 12-12-05
Location: Birmingham, AL
Posts: 1,881
iTrader: (2)
she's almost as bright as Jessica Simpson!
motrctyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:10 PM   #10
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Washington, MI
Posts: 17,873
iTrader: (22)
Quote:
Originally Posted by motrctyman View Post
she's almost as bright as Jessica Simpson!
How? Explain? How do her answers make her stupid?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:25 PM   #11
gehtowheeler
what dreams are made of
 
gehtowheeler's Avatar
 
Join Date: 05-03-07
Location: davison
Posts: 468
iTrader: (0)
Send a message via AIM to gehtowheeler
cause she can follow a train of thought and doesnt respond with how many houses obama owns
gehtowheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:28 PM   #12
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
I'm not arguing that she has a lot of foreign policy, that's pretty evident.

I don't get how stating what experience she does have, even how little it is, makes her stupid.

My point is she has more foriegn policy experience than Oppy, but the media wants Oppy to win.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:38 PM   #13
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,831
iTrader: (11)
So, http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=105274 is acceptable behavior, but not rising to a "reporter's" challenge to lure her into a bad sound bite generating discussion makes her an "idiot"?
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:51 PM   #14
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DuffMan View Post
So, http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=105274 is acceptable behavior, but not rising to a "reporter's" challenge to lure her into a bad sound bite generating discussion makes her an "idiot"?
I think everyone knows Joe is an idiot...not everyone can be as smart a Dan Quayle.

people are just learning about Palin being a idiot...it's a requirement for most modern VP's. George W. should have been the VP and in many ways is...Cheney is damn smart...but he shoots his friends in the face.
__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:04 PM   #15
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,831
iTrader: (11)
Quote:
Originally Posted by toolmantim View Post
I think everyone knows Joe is an idiot...not everyone can be as smart a Dan Quayle.

people are just learning about Palin being a idiot...it's a requirement for most modern VP's. George W. should have been the VP and in many ways is...Cheney is damn smart...but he shoots his friends in the face.
Actually, Dan Quayle is a very intelligent guy who just ran afoul of the media...
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:06 PM   #16
scottie
American Leyland??
 
scottie's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Sweet home Georgia on my mind
Posts: 8,481
iTrader: (2)
Send a message via AIM to scottie
I wonder if Palin is a good cook?
scottie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 08:34 PM   #17
Hombre
I carry a shank
 
Hombre's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-15-06
Location: Michigan
Posts: 4,423
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by scottie View Post
I wonder if Palin is a good cook?
I wonder, "shaved bald" or "landing strip"?
__________________
reptile610 says:"Owning a CJ is for manly men, they allows you to do manly stuff like auto mechanics and welding and drinking beer. Manly men own CJs. Manly men do not drive hummers, they receive them."

,[____l,
_ -o==o-_
) ()_) ()_)
Hombre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:07 PM   #18
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hombre View Post
I wonder, "shaved bald" or "landing strip"?
Maybe furry beaver.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:09 PM   #19
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,298
iTrader: (9)
She does come off sounding pretty stupid in that interview.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 09:13 PM   #20
doomsick
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Nebraska
Posts: 330
iTrader: (0)
the only foreign policy anyone in the u.s government needs to know is..... to protect israel no matter what the cost.. as long as they do that, they are in. Obama and McCain are doing a great job at that, I am sure neo con Palin will follow suit.
doomsick is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:38 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.18859 seconds with 50 queries