Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Wanted
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 24th, 2008, 11:37 PM   #1
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default 231 d parts

lookin for some parts so if sombody got a broken case they wana sell..
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 06:59 AM   #2
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocross2xtremes View Post
lookin for some parts so if sombody got a broken case they wana sell..
When are you doing to stop bothering with the 231 crap and buy a 241? All you do is keep breaking them.

Last edited by PävementPounder; September 25th, 2008 at 03:02 PM.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 25th, 2008, 03:07 PM   #3
jeepers48
Senior Member
 
jeepers48's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-05-06
Location: Auburn Hills MI
Posts: 4,693
iTrader: (105)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

I have this from a 96 XJ. Its never been torn apart. $30.00
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=86846
ill check the tag again, but im sure its a 231
jeepers48 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #4
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PavementPounder View Post
When are you doing to stop bothering with the 231 crap and buy a 241? All you do is keep breaking them.
bc it will cost me like 600 doller to do the swap and i dont have the kind money to spend on the truck.. when i can buy a 30 doller output shaft and be ready to go.. juggy get all my money!
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 26th, 2008, 09:06 AM   #5
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeepers48 View Post
I have this from a 96 XJ. Its never been torn apart. $30.00
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=86846
ill check the tag again, but im sure its a 231

nope thats a 231 j the 231 ds are out of a dodge and are differnt
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old September 28th, 2008, 12:48 PM   #6
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

ttt
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 2nd, 2008, 04:51 PM   #7
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

bump
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 11:57 AM   #8
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

ttt
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 12:46 PM   #9
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by snocross2xtremes View Post
bc it will cost me like 600 doller to do the swap and i dont have the kind money to spend on the truck.. when i can buy a 30 doller output shaft and be ready to go.. juggy get all my money!
Why is it that expensive to bolt up a 241? Isn't this like the 3rd or 4th time you've had to fix the same case?
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 01:40 PM   #10
lt1yj
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 01-04-06
Location: Holland, Mi
Posts: 1,148
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I have a nice 241 Dodge/Chevy 241 case with a JB conversions short shaft kit with a mechanical speedo. I could swap it to an electronic speedo if needed.

It's a 29 spline for a Dodge cummins but the 231 23 spline shaft is a direct replecement.

Long story on the case but it was in my YJ behind a Chevy NV4500, then I converted to a Dodge NV4500 and just swapped the front case half with a Dodge setup. It's very tight and clean. It does have the Chevy front shaft and flange setup instead of the standard yoke the Dodge has.

I'm asking $500 and can meet up on my way to Troy next Wednesday or Thursday.

If you send me the parts I'll put it together with the 23 spline input. This is a 32 spline output fixed yoke. Currently has a 1310.
lt1yj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 3rd, 2008, 07:20 PM   #11
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lt1yj View Post
I have a nice 241 Dodge/Chevy 241 case with a JB conversions short shaft kit with a mechanical speedo. I could swap it to an electronic speedo if needed.

It's a 29 spline for a Dodge cummins but the 231 23 spline shaft is a direct replecement.

Long story on the case but it was in my YJ behind a Chevy NV4500, then I converted to a Dodge NV4500 and just swapped the front case half with a Dodge setup. It's very tight and clean. It does have the Chevy front shaft and flange setup instead of the standard yoke the Dodge has.

I'm asking $500 and can meet up on my way to Troy next Wednesday or Thursday.

If you send me the parts I'll put it together with the 23 spline input. This is a 32 spline output fixed yoke. Currently has a 1310.
thanks but no thanks dont have that kinda cash to spend
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 03:00 PM   #12
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

ttt
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 03:12 PM   #13
PavementPounder
I am the law.
 
PavementPounder's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Birmingham, Michigan 48009
Posts: 29,824
iTrader: (224)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

You should buy the 32-spline input Chevy 241 I have listed and swap the input.
PavementPounder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old October 28th, 2008, 06:11 PM   #14
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

i got a 32 spline input chevy 241 the other day for free :)
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Old November 3rd, 2008, 11:45 AM   #15
snocross2xtremes
Senior Member
 
snocross2xtremes's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-27-05
Location: brighton or Fenton
Posts: 6,195
iTrader: (68)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to snocross2xtremes
Default

ttt
snocross2xtremes is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > Great Lakes 4x4 Marketplace > Wanted
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:42 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Copyright ©2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.13596 seconds with 40 queries