This is sure to piss people off... - Page 9 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 22nd, 2008, 04:05 PM   #161
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=Mr Toes;1297019]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post


Genesis, and or Exodus, or even The Septuagint.
General outline of known religions;

45,000 BC
There is evidence of human ritualistic burials at sites in Africa, Asia, and Europe.

15,000 BC
Cave paintings in Europe points toward human worship of animalistic deities.

6000 BC
Civilization begins in the Tigris and Euphrates River valleys. From this early culture cam the Sumerian civilization, they worship the sun god AN and the mother goddess Innin along with a pantheon of lesser deities.

4004 BC
Estimated date of God’s creation of the Earth, from a Biblical analysis performed by Bishop James Ussher in the seventeenth century.

3000 BC or 10000 BC
Beginnings of Hinduism in the Indus River Valley. The Hindus revere a wide pantheon of deities, all of whom are revealed as expressions of the one true Supreme Being. Thus Hinduism may be seen as either pantheistic or monotheistic.

2800 BC
The first Egyptian dynasty. The Pharaoh is proclaimed as the “God King”.

2000 BC
The beginning of Judaism in the Middle East.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 22nd, 2008, 04:52 PM   #162
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=clint357;1297045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

General outline of known religions;

45,000 BC
There is evidence of human ritualistic burials at sites in Africa, Asia, and Europe.

15,000 BC
Cave paintings in Europe points toward human worship of animalistic deities.

6000 BC
Civilization begins in the Tigris and Euphrates River valleys. From this early culture cam the Sumerian civilization, they worship the sun god AN and the mother goddess Innin along with a pantheon of lesser deities.

4004 BC
Estimated date of God’s creation of the Earth, from a Biblical analysis performed by Bishop James Ussher in the seventeenth century.

3000 BC or 10000 BC
Beginnings of Hinduism in the Indus River Valley. The Hindus revere a wide pantheon of deities, all of whom are revealed as expressions of the one true Supreme Being. Thus Hinduism may be seen as either pantheistic or monotheistic.

2800 BC
The first Egyptian dynasty. The Pharaoh is proclaimed as the “God King”.

2000 BC
The beginning of Judaism in the Middle East.


Wouldn't 4004 BC be before 2800 BC ??????
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:02 PM   #163
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=clint357;1297045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

General outline of known religions;

45,000 BC
There is evidence of human ritualistic burials at sites in Africa, Asia, and Europe.

15,000 BC
Cave paintings in Europe points toward human worship of animalistic deities.

6000 BC
Civilization begins in the Tigris and Euphrates River valleys. From this early culture cam the Sumerian civilization, they worship the sun god AN and the mother goddess Innin along with a pantheon of lesser deities.

4004 BC
Estimated date of God’s creation of the Earth, from a Biblical analysis performed by Bishop James Ussher in the seventeenth century.

3000 BC or 10000 BC
Beginnings of Hinduism in the Indus River Valley. The Hindus revere a wide pantheon of deities, all of whom are revealed as expressions of the one true Supreme Being. Thus Hinduism may be seen as either pantheistic or monotheistic.

2800 BC
The first Egyptian dynasty. The Pharaoh is proclaimed as the “God King”.

2000 BC
The beginning of Judaism in the Middle East.
Sumerian is probably the oldest known language. About 3000 BC the Sumerians started using abbreviated pictograms by pressing a reed stylus into clay tablets (Von Sodon 1994, 32-33). It is syllabic language which basically developed from simplified pictograms which became abstract. Many signs have multiple word and phonetic meanings so determinatives were used. The number of signs was later reduced to about 600. It is a very complex language.

Sumerian has stories similar to Genesis 1-11. Some the important texts are: Eridu Genesis which parallels Genesis 1-11, The Sumerian King List which is similar to Genesis 5, The Sumerian Flood Story, The Song of the Hoe which tells about the creation of the world and man, Enki and Ninmah which is the earliest text dealing with man's creation, Emerkar and the Lord of Aratta which deals with times before civilization began.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:35 PM   #164
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=Mr Toes;1297128]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post

Sumerian is probably the oldest known language. About 3000 BC the Sumerians started using abbreviated pictograms by pressing a reed stylus into clay tablets (Von Sodon 1994, 32-33). It is syllabic language which basically developed from simplified pictograms which became abstract. Many signs have multiple word and phonetic meanings so determinatives were used. The number of signs was later reduced to about 600. It is a very complex language.

Sumerian has stories similar to Genesis 1-11. Some the important texts are: Eridu Genesis which parallels Genesis 1-11, The Sumerian King List which is similar to Genesis 5, The Sumerian Flood Story, The Song of the Hoe which tells about the creation of the world and man, Enki and Ninmah which is the earliest text dealing with man's creation, Emerkar and the Lord of Aratta which deals with times before civilization began.
omfg, you found wikipedia. you better cite your sources or its plagiarism.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:43 PM   #165
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=steveo;1297180]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

omfg, you found wikipedia. you better cite your sources or its plagiarism.

You should stick to calling people fags, because evertime you try to be slick YOUR WRONG............


STEVEO = MAJOR FAIL
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:45 PM   #166
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

You should stick to calling people fags, because evertime you try to be slick YOUR WRONG............


STEVEO = MAJOR FAIL
haha, fag. you are the king of fail.

http://www.bibleandscience.com/bible...s/sumerian.htm

word for word you tithead.

Last edited by steveo; September 22nd, 2008 at 05:55 PM.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:54 PM   #167
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=steveo;1297180]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

omfg, you found wikipedia. you better cite your sources or its plagiarism.
I actually agree with Steveo. Wiki is a good place to start but there is no regulation that information be provided by reputable sources. In other words, I could enter that the flying speghetti monster created the universe and it would end up on wiki. That doesn't mean it's true or supported by evidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 05:56 PM   #168
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2007JK View Post

I actually agree with Steveo. Wiki is a good place to start but there is no regulation that information be provided by reputable sources. In other words, I could enter that the flying speghetti monster created the universe and it would end up on wiki. That doesn't mean it's true or supported by evidence.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Flying_Spaghetti_Monster
i had a professor who would fail you if he found out you used wiki for anything in his class.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 06:19 PM   #169
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i had a professor who would fail you if he found out you used wiki for anything in his class.
x2. I'm currently in a class like that.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:00 PM   #170
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
haha, fag. you are the king of fail.

http://www.bibleandscience.com/bible...s/sumerian.htm

word for word you tithead.

Is that wikipedia ??????????????????
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:01 PM   #171
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Is that wikipedia ??????????????????
haha, keep sputtering you old fart.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 22nd, 2008, 09:11 PM   #172
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,787
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

[QUOTE=clint357;1297045]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

General outline of known religions;

45,000 BC
There is evidence of human ritualistic burials at sites in Africa, Asia, and Europe.

15,000 BC
Cave paintings in Europe points toward human worship of animalistic deities.

6000 BC
Civilization begins in the Tigris and Euphrates River valleys. From this early culture cam the Sumerian civilization, they worship the sun god AN and the mother goddess Innin along with a pantheon of lesser deities.

4004 BC
Estimated date of God’s creation of the Earth, from a Biblical analysis performed by Bishop James Ussher in the seventeenth century.

3000 BC or 10000 BC
Beginnings of Hinduism in the Indus River Valley. The Hindus revere a wide pantheon of deities, all of whom are revealed as expressions of the one true Supreme Being. Thus Hinduism may be seen as either pantheistic or monotheistic.

2800 BC
The first Egyptian dynasty. The Pharaoh is proclaimed as the “God King”.

2000 BC
The beginning of Judaism in the Middle East.
whoa, whoa, whoa, what's this 45,000 BC, stuff... This is all false because we know the world is only 6,000 years old based on the bible...pff, amateurs.
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 05:46 AM   #173
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=mikesova;1297550]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post

whoa, whoa, whoa, what's this 45,000 BC, stuff... This is all false because we know the world is only 6,000 years old based on the bible...pff, amateurs.
I was wondering when you would chime in on this.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 05:47 AM   #174
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=Mr Toes;1297115]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post



Wouldn't 4004 BC be before 2800 BC ??????
Yes....your point being?
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:18 PM   #175
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
haha, keep sputtering you old fart.

My pacemaker must have shorted out for a second. lol
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:22 PM   #176
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=clint357;1297840]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

Yes....your point being?
Your original argument was that Egyptians where worshiping gods prior to the Jews but this looks like Jews technically start worshiping their God some 1200 years prior to the Egyptians.

I will re read it and edit if required.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 07:23 PM   #177
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=mikesova;1297550]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post

whoa, whoa, whoa, what's this 45,000 BC, stuff... This is all false because we know the world is only 6,000 years old based on the bible...pff, amateurs.

You go boy, preach the word, preach the truth, it's in you just let it out brother.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 08:02 PM   #178
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

[QUOTE=Mr Toes;1299043]
Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post

Your original argument was that Egyptians where worshiping gods prior to the Jews but this looks like Jews technically start worshiping their God some 1200 years prior to the Egyptians.

I will re read it and edit if required.
Where are you getting this from? The Egyptians could have said that their God created Earth 400 bazillion years ago. Would that make their religion the oldest? I'm saying that The Jews started their religion after other religions had come and gone. I see no evidence that this is wrong.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 08:25 PM   #179
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

You have been deceived by the serpent. It's in your nature as a man. But Jesus provides the opportunity of redemption

[QUOTE=clint357;1299109]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post

Where are you getting this from? The Egyptians could have said that their God created Earth 400 bazillion years ago. Would that make their religion the oldest? I'm saying that The Jews started their religion after other religions had come and gone. I see no evidence that this is wrong.
Now the serpent was craftier than any other field animal that Yahweh God had made. And it said to the woman, "So, did God say, 'You will not eat from any tree of the garden'?"

And the woman said to the serpent, "We may eat the fruit of the trees of the garden, but God said, 'You will not eat of the fruit of the tree that is in the middle of the garden, neither will you touch it; otherwise you will die.'"

And the serpent said to the woman, "Surely, you will not die. For God knows that in the day you eat from it your eyes will be opened, and you will be like God, knowing good from evil."

When the woman saw that the tree was good for food, and that it was a delight to the eyes, and that the tree was desirable to make one wise, she took from its fruit and ate. And she also gave some to her husband who was with her, and he ate. Then the eyes of both were opened, and they realized they were naked, and they sewed fig leaves together and made themselves loin cloths.

And they heard the sound of Yahweh God walking in the garden in the day's breeze, and the man and his wife hid themselves from Yahweh God's presence among the trees of the garden.

Then Yahweh God called to the man, saying to him, "Where are you?" And he said, "I heard the sound of you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked. And so I hid myself."

And he said, "Who told you that you were naked? Did you eat from the tree in the middle of the garden, from which I directed you not to eat?"

And the man said, "The woman that you gave to be with me, she gave me fruit from the tree, and I ate it."

Then Yahweh God said to the woman, "What is this that you have done?"

And the woman said, "The serpent deceived me, and I ate."
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:

Last edited by amc78cj7; September 23rd, 2008 at 08:34 PM.
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 23rd, 2008, 11:06 PM   #180
ckupq
Kitten I'm gonna eat you!
 
ckupq's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Cedar Rapids, IA 52402
Posts: 3,398
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
...or at least make for some darn good discussions!

My church is starting a new message series in response to all of those "Coexist" bumper stickers, so I thought I'd post it up here as it unfolds.

It starts the first week of October, and I'll post up all of the messages (3 total) as they become available.

For now, here is something to keep you busy:
www.canwecoexist.com

and, just for kicks, the church's site:
www.radiantchurch.tv
NO, but this pretty much sums it up. Thanks to Revho for the assist, even though I changed things I couldn't have put it better.

Quote:
Originally Posted by revho View Post
I like how almost every Post in GL about religion turns into a my religion does this. This religion brand sucks. Put it against Islam. Put Islam against Judaism . Your religion sucks. My faith is bigger than that. E-penor><sandy vag. If one thing in life is ever consistent, it's that this message board will cover it in one thread topic.
I've seen people change, lose, change back and find religion/faith and they all have one thing in common They're not wrong. Its honestly the reason we have flair ups every couple millenia (crusades, spanish inquistion, salem witch trials). This will pass and we'll be fine.
ckupq is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:53 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.89017 seconds with 80 queries