Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:38 AM   #101
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Oh I almost forgot.


Your god isn't going to protect them either.


Huge speculation, in which you are incorrect.
i bet if i showed up to your house and killed everyone god wouldn't save your ass.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:42 AM   #102
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i bet if i showed up to your house and killed everyone god wouldn't save your ass.
For the non-believers, they assume that God is interested in preserving life in this world... and that the loss of life in this world should be equated as a failure of God to intervene.

Funny, cause they never pause to ponder that he may have other plans altogether.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #103
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
i bet if i showed up to your house and killed everyone god wouldn't save your ass.

God already saved my ass.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:43 AM   #104
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
For the non-believers, they assume that God is interested in preserving life in this world... and that the loss of life in this world should be equated as a failure of God to intervene.

Funny, cause they never pause to ponder that he may have other plans altogether.
funny, you assume i wasn't looking at that angle. its kinda fucked up that "god" would plan on someone being raped and murdered....
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:50 AM   #105
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
funny, you assume i wasn't looking at that angle. its kinda fucked up that "god" would plan on someone being raped and murdered....
funny you assume I assumed anything about you. While I quoted you, specifically I was speaking hypothetically, and not directly at you. I assumed based on your posting(s) that you were a non-believer, and was speaking to non-believers in general based upon what I have observed over the years as a generalization. Had I been addressing you directly, I would have made it pretty explicit.

Anyway, how is it fvcked up? that's your, and perhaps society's judgment.

it's been debated that perhaps God isn't interested in your happiness on this world, but instead on your holiness - and how you act/react.

If there's a God, and if things went down as they did for Jesus, the Son of God, and in fact God incarnate, and he allowed himself to be tortured, humiliated, humbled, and executed in that fashion is it feasible that he may have a plan in mind to allow one (many) of us mere mortals to experience horrible worldly pain?

Perhaps, if said victim were already saved, it would be an opportunity to finally get the perp. caught, thrown in jail where he's a captive audience, and then witnessed to for conversion.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:55 AM   #106
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
funny you assume I assumed anything about you. While I quoted you, specifically I was speaking hypothetically, and not directly at you. Had I been, I would have made it pretty explicit.

Anyway, how is it fvcked up? that's your, and perhaps society's judgment.

it's been debated that perhaps God isn't interested in your happiness on this world, but instead on your holiness - and how you act/react.

If there's a God, and if things went down as they did for Jesus, the Son of God, and in fact God incarnate, and he allowed himself to be tortured, humiliated, humbled, and executed in that fashion is it feasible that he may have a plan in mind to allow one (many) of us mere mortals to experience horrible worldly pain?

Perhaps, if said victim were already saved, it would be an opportunity to finally get the perp. caught, thrown in jail where he's a captive audience, and then witnessed to for conversion.

I'am truly trying to work to that state of mind, I still get stuck on God will let me enacted my wrath.

That was aweinspiring (not sure if thats a real word).
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 10:58 AM   #107
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
funny you assume I assumed anything about you. While I quoted you, specifically I was speaking hypothetically, and not directly at you. I assumed based on your posting(s) that you were a non-believer, and was speaking to non-believers in general based upon what I have observed over the years as a generalization. Had I been addressing you directly, I would have made it pretty explicit.

Anyway, how is it fvcked up? that's your, and perhaps society's judgment.

it's been debated that perhaps God isn't interested in your happiness on this world, but instead on your holiness - and how you act/react.

If there's a God, and if things went down as they did for Jesus, the Son of God, and in fact God incarnate, and he allowed himself to be tortured, humiliated, humbled, and executed in that fashion is it feasible that he may have a plan in mind to allow one (many) of us mere mortals to experience horrible worldly pain?

Perhaps, if said victim were already saved, it would be an opportunity to finally get the perp. caught, thrown in jail where he's a captive audience, and then witnessed to for conversion.

So victims are tools to "save" perps in jail is one of your theories?
That's retarded, I've seen first hand how more than half of those incarcerated "find jesus" in jail, and then just happen to lose him again once freed, and go back to doing the fucked up shit that got them there.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:03 AM   #108
OldSailor
AKA GreyShrink
 
OldSailor's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-29-06
Location: Livonia, MI
Posts: 521
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
...or at least make for some darn good discussions!

My church is starting a new message series in response to all of those "Coexist" bumper stickers, so I thought I'd post it up here as it unfolds.

It starts the first week of October, and I'll post up all of the messages (3 total) as they become available.

For now, here is something to keep you busy:
www.canwecoexist.com

and, just for kicks, the church's site:
www.radiantchurch.tv
Why does the first link attempt to change my computer's registry?
OldSailor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:04 AM   #109
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
funny you assume I assumed anything about you. While I quoted you, specifically I was speaking hypothetically, and not directly at you. I assumed based on your posting(s) that you were a non-believer, and was speaking to non-believers in general based upon what I have observed over the years as a generalization. Had I been addressing you directly, I would have made it pretty explicit.

Anyway, how is it fvcked up? that's your, and perhaps society's judgment.

it's been debated that perhaps God isn't interested in your happiness on this world, but instead on your holiness - and how you act/react.

If there's a God, and if things went down as they did for Jesus, the Son of God, and in fact God incarnate, and he allowed himself to be tortured, humiliated, humbled, and executed in that fashion is it feasible that he may have a plan in mind to allow one (many) of us mere mortals to experience horrible worldly pain?

Perhaps, if said victim were already saved, it would be an opportunity to finally get the perp. caught, thrown in jail where he's a captive audience, and then witnessed to for conversion.
there is no god, so your point(whatever it was) is invalid.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:07 AM   #110
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
So victims are tools to "save" perps in jail is one of your theories?
That's retarded, I've seen first hand how more than half of those incarcerated "find jesus" in jail, and then just happen to lose him again once freed, and go back to doing the fucked up shit that got them there.
there are what, 300 million people in this country alone.

only God, and the "saved" person can/will truly know if they were truly saved, regardless of whether it was in jail, or anywhere else.

I was speaking purely hypothetically.

retarded, is you spouting a proclaimed first hand knowledge of half of any significant population count let alone the millions incarcerated and released, not all of whom profess to have been saved, go back and do fvcked up shit that got them there...

also, make no mistake, for those that believe they are saved, they are still human, and still flawed. while some may act holier than thou, be judgmental pricks, perfect, etc. the human condition is defined as being imperfect. Even for those saved.
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:09 AM   #111
RyeBread
Catch the wave
 
RyeBread's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-08-05
Location: Fenton
Posts: 7,936
iTrader: (2)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
there is no god, so your point(whatever it was) is invalid.
I should have known better than to attempt a philosophical/hypothetical point with you...
RyeBread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #112
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
So victims are tools to "save" perps in jail is one of your theories?
That's retarded, I've seen first hand how more than half of those incarcerated "find jesus" in jail, and then just happen to lose him again once freed, and go back to doing the fucked up shit that got them there.


Ever think they could be lying?

What about the guy that does turn his life around because he found Jesus?
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:14 AM   #113
dragginwagon406
Adrenaline Junkie
 
dragginwagon406's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-06-07
Location: Perrysburg, OH
Posts: 1,176
iTrader: (0)
Scientific assertions about the beginning and end of humanity are a source of constant backpedaling. Christianity's assertions are clear and stedfast.
dragginwagon406 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #114
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by dragginwagon406 View Post
Scientific assertions about the beginning and end of humanity are a source of constant backpedaling. Christianity's assertions are clear and stedfast.
because there is only one kind of christian, and only one version of the bible...
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:17 AM   #115
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyeBread View Post
I should have known better than to attempt a philosophical/hypothetical point with you...


Don't under estimate Steveo.

He uses this reverse physc thing and posts a 180 degree statement to his true belief to stimulate thought.

He is a sheep in wolves clothing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:20 AM   #116
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
because there is only one kind of christian, and only one version of the bible...


See, now you have to think about what he said, and study what you believe.


I think he is a preacher, or something.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:23 AM   #117
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
religion is gay, you weak minded people can have it, and if you do happen to see god, once again, please tell that fag to blow me
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #118
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
religion is gay, you weak minded people can have it, and if you do happen to see god, once again, please tell that fag to blow me

Will Do.

If you happen to die in the interim, and what you believe is true, then tell.

Oppps sorry there will be nothing........................................... .........
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:36 AM   #119
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Will Do.

If you happen to die in the intrim, and what you believe is true, then tell.

Oppps sorry there will be nothing........................................... .........
There will be nothing for you too dumbass

i'll remind you, wanting something doesn't make it true. Otherwise Jessica Simpson would be under the desk blowing me right now
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 11:45 AM   #120
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
There will be nothing for you too dumbass

i'll remind you, wanting something doesn't make it true. Otherwise Jessica Simpson would be under the desk blowing me right now

Wanting something dosen't make it untrue.


You should raise you standards in women!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:13 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.25048 seconds with 50 queries