This is sure to piss people off... - Page 4 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 18th, 2008, 06:48 PM   #61
amc78cj7
Senior Member
 
amc78cj7's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Ann Arbor, MI
Posts: 5,354
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
I just find it funny that you are saying that billions of people are totally wrong because they believe in Buddah, or whatever. Let's say there are 10 scrolls/tablets found which all tell a different story of a different god, why choose Christianity? Have you studied all of the other ones closely enough to make an educated decision on which one seems to be the truth? I use history as my teacher; there used to be gods for grass, wind, fire..... but as science became better understood, the gods have been cast away as nothing more than stories. Also, why is there just the new and old testaments? What ever happened to putting the Dead Sea Scrolls into the mix? It seems that it's pretty easy for religious people to omit factual details that don't match their beliefs. Answers to any of these questions would be very helpful and informative.
I'm with toes on this one. Clint, this post does clearly demonstrate that you have little information on the subject. I would love to add some of the information in this thread, but I have a research paper due at the end of the night and another one tomorrow. If I have time this weekend I'll return to this post and fill in responses to your questions. At least you are asking questions. Many people just wander through life not even trying to understand God.
__________________
I'm not quoting idiots who promote unsafe recovery strap techniques anymore. :miff:
amc78cj7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:27 PM   #62
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by gehtowheeler View Post
reiligon is evil we all just rot in the ground any ways who cares i dont thats every religon u pegan basterds

You say that now, but you will change your view.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:36 PM   #63
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,440
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

God loves cheese.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 18th, 2008, 08:44 PM   #64
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
God loves cheese.
Mr too.

When I first read that I thought you said God loves meese. lol
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:39 AM   #65
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
I just find it funny that you are saying that billions of people are totally wrong because they believe in Buddah, or whatever. Let's say there are 10 scrolls/tablets found which all tell a different story of a different god, why choose Christianity? Have you studied all of the other ones closely enough to make an educated decision on which one seems to be the truth? I use history as my teacher; there used to be gods for grass, wind, fire..... but as science became better understood, the gods have been cast away as nothing more than stories. Also, why is there just the new and old testaments? What ever happened to putting the Dead Sea Scrolls into the mix? It seems that it's pretty easy for religious people to omit factual details that don't match their beliefs. Answers to any of these questions would be very helpful and informative.
Don't you think it's funny that Galileo said that billions of people were wrong for thinking that the world is flat and that the Earth was at the center of the universe???

Sir, you are speaking to the heart of this thread. We want to be informed. I've personally read the Qur'an and done some research of my own. Will this message be biased? YES. The speaker is a Christian Pastor, it would be retarded to assume otherwise. Will it still offer some insight into the case for Christ? YES. Can you learn something from it? YES.

I look forward to your rebuttals.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:42 AM   #66
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

God doesn't exist, and all Christians are living a lie.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 06:47 AM   #67
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
God doesn't exist, and all Christians are living a lie.
Jesus loves you, Steveo.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 07:22 AM   #68
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
God doesn't exist, and all Christians are living a lie.
Dude, you are so awsome, the way you stimulate thought by posting the exact opposite of what you believe.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:07 AM   #69
clint357
Web Wheeler Extraordinair
 
clint357's Avatar
 
Join Date: 03-13-07
Location: grand rapids
Posts: 2,278
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
Don't you think it's funny that Galileo said that billions of people were wrong for thinking that the world is flat and that the Earth was at the center of the universe???

Sir, you are speaking to the heart of this thread. We want to be informed. I've personally read the Qur'an and done some research of my own. Will this message be biased? YES. The speaker is a Christian Pastor, it would be retarded to assume otherwise. Will it still offer some insight into the case for Christ? YES. Can you learn something from it? YES.

I look forward to your rebuttals.
Yes, and he was right. Just like there are few people who believe in science over the billions who believe religion. I just find it funny, in a way, that your are preaching Chrisianity because you were raised believing in Jesus. If your parents had decided to raise you as a buddist, you would be on this same thread defending that religion. It's something that you've been told since you were a child, so you just stick with it.
clint357 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #70
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,159
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

So do you guys have this all figured out now? Who should I worship as my god?












I already new the answer. I am with the Kerwinator, General Lee and Mr.Toes.
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:31 AM   #71
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
Yes, and he was right. Just like there are few people who believe in science over the billions who believe religion. I just find it funny, in a way, that your are preaching Chrisianity because you were raised believing in Jesus. If your parents had decided to raise you as a buddist, you would be on this same thread defending that religion. It's something that you've been told since you were a child, so you just stick with it.



If your parents had decided to raise you as a buddist, you would be on this same thread defending that religion.


Pure speculation.

Just like, If your parents had decided to raise you as a buddist then you found Christianity and thats what you defend as true.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:36 AM   #72
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
That your are preaching Chrisianity because you were raised believing in Jesus.
Holy assumption, Batman!!! (literally)

Dang...you know more about my childhood than I do, apparently. I was deist for a while too, but you must have known that. Heck, you probably know all of the religions that I researched before I found Christianity, so I probably don't even have to get into that...

I go to church with many other people who were raised muslim, hindu, etc... You name it, I see them at church eeeeeevery week.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 08:54 AM   #73
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Religion, Karma, superstition, your own fucking consious, it's all the same thing! Religion is simply a tool for people to be held in check, and because most people are weak minded and can't even consider the thought that they're going to blink out of existance, some claim god must exist because so many believe he does. well, 95% of four year olds believe in santa claus, so he must be real too right? most people no matter what age can't cope with their simple mortality, so they believe their preferred fairy tale that tells them they're better than any other carnivore that has ever walked the earth. How sad.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:33 AM   #74
Mr.Green
I can levitate!
 
Mr.Green's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-29-05
Location: Nort Keralina
Posts: 8,159
iTrader: (6)
Mentioned: 5 Post(s)
Default

Santa is not real?
Mr.Green is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:39 AM   #75
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Religion, Karma, superstition, your own fucking consious, it's all the same thing! Religion is simply a tool for people to be held in check, and because most people are weak minded and can't even consider the thought that they're going to blink out of existance, some claim god must exist because so many believe he does. well, 95% of four year olds believe in santa claus, so he must be real too right? most people no matter what age can't cope with their simple mortality, so they believe their preferred fairy tale that tells them they're better than any other carnivore that has ever walked the earth. How sad.

What other carnivore can do what you do?????


You already have said it is more appealing to believe there is more to your life than your born you stumble around for a few years then you die and rot away.


You could look at it this way as well, people are strong minded enough to keep their faith regardless of the criticism and ridicule by others.

Last edited by Mr Toes - R.I.P.; September 19th, 2008 at 09:48 AM.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:41 AM   #76
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You could look at it thie way as well, people are strong minded enough to keep their faith regardless of the criticism and ridicule by others.
More so than ridicule, people were killed!!!
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:51 AM   #77
MISHOWJEEPER
NSFW
 
MISHOWJEEPER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-06-07
Location: Lapeer MI
Posts: 2,239
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
What other carnivore can do what you do?????


You already have said it is more appealing to believe there is more to your life than your born you stumble around for a few years then you die and rot away.


You could look at it thie way as well, people are strong minded enough to keep their faith regardless of the criticism and ridicule by others.
Just because something is appealing doesn't make it true. Of course religion is trying to sell you something appealing, it's just good business. I wish I could turn a huge profit off of preying on peoples weaknesses and insecurities like the churches do.

I would never ridicule anybody for saying something "could be true" but to say for an absolute fact that there is a god and an afterlife is simply ignorant.
MISHOWJEEPER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #78
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General Lee View Post
More so than ridicule, people were killed!!!



Kinda scary to think you would be killed because you believe in a fairytale, or Santa Clause.

Must be a little more to Christianity than a fairytale, eh.
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:52 AM   #79
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,693
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clint357 View Post
1. I just find it funny that you are saying that billions of people are totally wrong because they believe in Buddah, or whatever.

2. Let's say there are 10 scrolls/tablets found which all tell a different story of a different god, why choose Christianity?

3. Have you studied all of the other ones closely enough to make an educated decision on which one seems to be the truth?

4. I use history as my teacher;

5. Why is there just the new and old testaments? What ever happened to putting the Dead Sea Scrolls into the mix?

6. It seems that it's pretty easy for religious people to omit factual details that don't match their beliefs. .
1. Funny? I find it to be the opposite, it is tragic.

2. Because it is the only religion to BACK UP its claims. It stands alone.

3. Yes, thanks for asking.

4. And what does history tell you about Jesus Christ?

5. Brother, do your research. The Dead Sea Scrolls are the same thing, but the beauty of it is that hey confirm, LETTER FOR LETTER, the accuracy of the original scriptures.

6. Please name just ONE factual thing I have neglected to realize. I only need one.
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 19th, 2008, 09:54 AM   #80
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,693
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MISHOWJEEPER View Post
Religion, Karma, superstition, your own fucking consious, it's all the same thing!
I have never heard of this consious, and I have no way to determining if it is the same as my Christian beliefs. HALP
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 07:47 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.32225 seconds with 80 queries