Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!







Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old December 25th, 2008, 07:23 AM   #121
ScOoTeR
GLFWDA Member #07520
 
ScOoTeR's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 21,222
iTrader: (35)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
Open mouth insert foot.........
Oh noes - now you need to prove it with a paystub or you'll be discredited.

I have an idea, since I have no idea how to look for the tax cuts mentioned, (though I believe the bush tax cuts save my wife and I approximately $2000/year), would Agoodbuzz be kind enough to list some, or point out where I could find these?

Seriously.

BTW, Merry Christmas to all you disagreeable folk in this forum.
ScOoTeR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 08:15 AM   #122
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Now, maybe you should go ahead and petition the administrators to ban me, because as far as I can see they respect free speech, as long as I don't insult or threaten you.
I'd never push to ban you, free speech is your right, however with every right comes a responsibility. The responsibility that comes with free speech is education, hence my suggestion that you go learn something. If you talk about things from a perspective no agrees with, no one will listen, making your free speech worthless. No one will stop you from saying it, they just won't listen.

As far as supply side goes, you missed the over all point of my post. Supply side does work and it has been proven. It isn't about Democrat or Republican, it's about economics, math is an absolute science and the proof shown in the history of this country. Both sides have screwed up supply side and both sides are to blame for where we are now. Until you see that, it will always be easier to blame the other side of the aisle, the one you don't agree with. The government is the one screwing us all and it comes from both parties. The only side I am on is the side of freedom; freedom from the government.

I won't bother to respond to the rest of your comments above, the ignorance speaks itself.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:12 PM   #123
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
You really should read things before you go off.

Can't you see that was in jest......

Also we all know NAFTA didn't work, I said it wouldn't when the Clinton adminisration put it into play, but that was Bush's fault, right.

I'm thinking that since Reganomics didn't work we go back to Jimmy Carters economic polices, sound like a winner to you??????

We could probally blame Bush for that to.

Well thats all in the past let's see what happens now........
We should have listened to Perot about NAFTA. We got screwed there too.

I do believe that the Reagan deregulation and tax changes resulted in MASSIVE U.S. investment overseas. I don't think his ideals fit in with real world thinking.

No, Bush isn't to blame for that.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:17 PM   #124
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
I'd never push to ban you, free speech is your right, however with every right comes a responsibility. The responsibility that comes with free speech is education, hence my suggestion that you go learn something. If you talk about things from a perspective no agrees with, no one will listen, making your free speech worthless. No one will stop you from saying it, they just won't listen.

As far as supply side goes, you missed the over all point of my post. Supply side does work and it has been proven. It isn't about Democrat or Republican, it's about economics, math is an absolute science and the proof shown in the history of this country. Both sides have screwed up supply side and both sides are to blame for where we are now. Until you see that, it will always be easier to blame the other side of the aisle, the one you don't agree with. The government is the one screwing us all and it comes from both parties. The only side I am on is the side of freedom; freedom from the government.

I won't bother to respond to the rest of your comments above, the ignorance speaks itself.
well said. just think, that dumbass is going to raise children someday.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:33 PM   #125
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
I'd never push to ban you, free speech is your right, however with every right comes a responsibility. The responsibility that comes with free speech is education, hence my suggestion that you go learn something. If you talk about things from a perspective no agrees with, no one will listen, making your free speech worthless. No one will stop you from saying it, they just won't listen.

As far as supply side goes, you missed the over all point of my post. Supply side does work and it has been proven. It isn't about Democrat or Republican, it's about economics, math is an absolute science and the proof shown in the history of this country. Both sides have screwed up supply side and both sides are to blame for where we are now. Until you see that, it will always be easier to blame the other side of the aisle, the one you don't agree with. The government is the one screwing us all and it comes from both parties. The only side I am on is the side of freedom; freedom from the government.

I won't bother to respond to the rest of your comments above, the ignorance speaks itself.
I certainly responded out of anger, and should have thought before typing and clicking 'Post Reply', but hey, it happens to all of us sometimes.

Many people on this site have been similar to me in thinking, but all that aside, it sounds like you've just spoken your final piece and walked out of the room. No dialogue.... Nothing... Wow...

I'm sorry that's the case. If you go back through my many posts on various subjects you'll find that I've been willing to carry on debates with people, try to respond to everything they say (even when they are clearly only trying to provoke me), and in doing so try to bring verifiable backup to the dialogue.

What fun would it be to talk with only people that agree.... What would we talk about?

Insofar as ignorance, I think you know that I am not an ignorant person, and you may have been replying out of anger as well. Hey, it happens.

I did bring a couple of legitimate points up that could not have come from an ignorant person, so refusing to reply because I'm ignorant must have been a blanket response to my tone and not to particular points. Hey, it happens.

As far as your first paragraph goes, saying that no one will listen, could not be true because history has been repeatedly changed because someone was willing to say something and argue the point. You're educated enough to know how true that is, so I'll assume you were trying help me understand that I might win more friends by saying things that are more in keeping with popular opinion, but I would submit to you sir that there are plenty of people on GL4x4 that don't like GW Bush, unfettered capitalism, war, invasion of privacy, health insurance companies (as opposed to single payer), and more, so if you are inferring that you somehow speak for the rest of GL4x4, I would have tell you sir that you are wrong.

Mr. Toes, steveo, and I have been going at it here for a while now and other than my brief absence due to a very busy schedule, no one stomped out of the room all pissed off. In fact, steveo just sent me a lovely little X-mas card (thanks buddy, and likewise back at ya' ). But hey, if you can't hang with the big dogs, go back to the yard.... Happy holidays!
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:36 PM   #126
steveo
In the band!
 
Join Date: 03-30-07
Location: montana/wyoming
Posts: 20,293
iTrader: (6)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Mr. Toes, steveo, and I have been going at it here for a while now and other than my brief absence due to a very busy schedule, no one stomped out of the room all pissed off. In fact, steveo just sent me a lovely little X-mas card (thanks buddy, and likewise back at ya' ). But hey, if you can't hang with the big dogs, go back to the yard.... Happy holidays!

Oh really?
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=77605
cause i certainly got the impression that was a whiny stomp off.
steveo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:46 PM   #127
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I certainly responded out of anger, and should have thought before typing and clicking 'Post Reply', but hey, it happens to all of us sometimes.

Many people on this site have been similar to me in thinking, but all that aside, it sounds like you've just spoken your final piece and walked out of the room. No dialogue.... Nothing... Wow...

I'm sorry that's the case. If you go back through my many posts on various subjects you'll find that I've been willing to carry on debates with people, try to respond to everything they say (even when they are clearly only trying to provoke me), and in doing so try to bring verifiable backup to the dialogue.

What fun would it be to talk with only people that agree.... What would we talk about?

Insofar as ignorance, I think you know that I am not an ignorant person, and you may have been replying out of anger as well. Hey, it happens.

I did bring a couple of legitimate points up that could not have come from an ignorant person, so refusing to reply because I'm ignorant must have been a blanket response to my tone and not to particular points. Hey, it happens.

As far as your first paragraph goes, saying that no one will listen, could not be true because history has been repeatedly changed because someone was willing to say something and argue the point. You're educated enough to know how true that is, so I'll assume you were trying help me understand that I might win more friends by saying things that are more in keeping with popular opinion, but I would submit to you sir that there are plenty of people on GL4x4 that don't like GW Bush, unfettered capitalism, war, invasion of privacy, health insurance companies (as opposed to single payer), and more, so if you are inferring that you somehow speak for the rest of GL4x4, I would have tell you sir that you are wrong.

Mr. Toes, steveo, and I have been going at it here for a while now and other than my brief absence due to a very busy schedule, no one stomped out of the room all pissed off. In fact, steveo just sent me a lovely little X-mas card (thanks buddy, and likewise back at ya' ). But hey, if you can't hang with the big dogs, go back to the yard.... Happy holidays!

I'm really confused....... Please bring me up to speed as to my involvement in this conversation.......
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:57 PM   #128
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by steveo View Post
Oh really?
http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showthread.php?t=77605
cause i certainly got the impression that was a whiny stomp off.
Hmmm.... So telling you guys that I didn't have a 4x4 yet (almost though), thanking you for your time, offering up some parting thoughts, and leaving my contact information is a "whiny stomp off"?

So how then should a person exit appropriately so that you won't accuse them of a "whiny stomp off"??
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 12:59 PM   #129
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I'm really confused....... Please bring me up to speed as to my involvement in this conversation.......
Pay attention Toes... All of our previous debates..... Sheesh....
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:07 PM   #130
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Pay attention Toes... All of our previous debates..... Sheesh....
I'am sorry to be a pain in the ass but I still need some clairification re this paragraph

Mr. Toes, steveo, and I have been going at it here for a while now and other than my brief absence due to a very busy schedule, no one stomped out of the room all pissed off. In fact, steveo just sent me a lovely little X-mas card (thanks buddy, and likewise back at ya' ). But hey, if you can't hang with the big dogs, go back to the yard.... Happy holidays!

I'm thinking the response was to 3-foot and not me, if it was directed to me please bring me up to speed where I ever said or suggested anybody stompped of pissed off at anything??????????????
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:32 PM   #131
cj7007
CJ7007
 
cj7007's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-17-08
Location: mi
Posts: 1,500
iTrader: (5)
seriously..... this is still happening???
cj7007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 02:57 PM   #132
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
I'am sorry to be a pain in the ass but I still need some clairification re this paragraph

Mr. Toes, steveo, and I have been going at it here for a while now and other than my brief absence due to a very busy schedule, no one stomped out of the room all pissed off. In fact, steveo just sent me a lovely little X-mas card (thanks buddy, and likewise back at ya' ). But hey, if you can't hang with the big dogs, go back to the yard.... Happy holidays!

I'm thinking the response was to 3-foot and not me, if it was directed to me please bring me up to speed where I ever said or suggested anybody stompped of pissed off at anything??????????????
Hmmmmm.... I guess I was unclear. Sorry.

You, steveo and I have had many debates in the past. That was the 'going at it' to which I referred.

I was not replying to you, but to 3-foot.

Clearer now?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 26th, 2008, 04:14 PM   #133
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Hmmmmm.... I guess I was unclear. Sorry.

You, steveo and I have had many debates in the past. That was the 'going at it' to which I referred.

I was not replying to you, but to 3-foot.

Clearer now?
Whew, I feel better now.....
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 02:47 AM   #134
Monkeyevil
I <3 Miatas
 
Monkeyevil's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 8,982
iTrader: (16)
Send a message via AIM to Monkeyevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyBelly View Post
Hey rich guy, I have a head injury and a GED. I don't have a whole lot of choices in my life. If you don't run your business into the ground by shortsightedly going for the quick buck I'll gladly do whatever you can find for me to do. I'll do my part to build your company, but I do expect you to maintain a viable business to build and expand your own company.

I don't expect handouts. I'm willing to earn my way in life. That's why I vote Republican.
I am not rich, no where near it. I just choose to live in my income bracket... for instance, I'm 27, co-own a business, yet have no vehicle newer than 1995. We are just now buying a house that is well in our means. I could work at Taco Bell and pay the mortgage.

I dunno why you think we are going for the quick buck? We are priced competitively in our mail order market, not much more you can do than that.
__________________
JcrOffroad
Zoom Zoom!

Last edited by Monkeyevil; December 27th, 2008 at 02:51 AM.
Monkeyevil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 08:09 AM   #135
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
I certainly responded out of anger, and should have thought before typing and clicking 'Post Reply', but hey, it happens to all of us sometimes.

Many people on this site have been similar to me in thinking, but all that aside, it sounds like you've just spoken your final piece and walked out of the room. No dialogue.... Nothing... Wow...

I'm sorry that's the case. If you go back through my many posts on various subjects you'll find that I've been willing to carry on debates with people, try to respond to everything they say (even when they are clearly only trying to provoke me), and in doing so try to bring verifiable backup to the dialogue.

What fun would it be to talk with only people that agree.... What would we talk about?

Insofar as ignorance, I think you know that I am not an ignorant person, and you may have been replying out of anger as well. Hey, it happens.

I did bring a couple of legitimate points up that could not have come from an ignorant person, so refusing to reply because I'm ignorant must have been a blanket response to my tone and not to particular points. Hey, it happens.

As far as your first paragraph goes, saying that no one will listen, could not be true because history has been repeatedly changed because someone was willing to say something and argue the point. You're educated enough to know how true that is, so I'll assume you were trying help me understand that I might win more friends by saying things that are more in keeping with popular opinion, but I would submit to you sir that there are plenty of people on GL4x4 that don't like GW Bush, unfettered capitalism, war, invasion of privacy, health insurance companies (as opposed to single payer), and more, so if you are inferring that you somehow speak for the rest of GL4x4, I would have tell you sir that you are wrong.

Mr. Toes, steveo, and I have been going at it here for a while now and other than my brief absence due to a very busy schedule, no one stomped out of the room all pissed off. In fact, steveo just sent me a lovely little X-mas card (thanks buddy, and likewise back at ya' ). But hey, if you can't hang with the big dogs, go back to the yard.... Happy holidays!

You are not a big dog here, I didn't stomp out, I am not angry, I don't talk for anyone but myself, I am talking about economics nothing else, and you still have missed the point of what I said.

Here is the message one more time....

Supply side economics works, the proof is in our history and the history of several other nations. Neither R or D have executed it properly and the success has been limited as a result. Low taxes and reduced spending will improve our economy. High taxes and increased spending will destroy our economy.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 04:34 PM   #136
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
I'z need sum cheeze.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:31 PM   #137
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
You are not a big dog here, I didn't stomp out, I am not angry, I don't talk for anyone but myself, I am talking about economics nothing else, and you still have missed the point of what I said.

Here is the message one more time....

Supply side economics works, the proof is in our history and the history of several other nations. Neither R or D have executed it properly and the success has been limited as a result. Low taxes and reduced spending will improve our economy. High taxes and increased spending will destroy our economy.
Okay, you're right. All kinds of economic theories 'work', but none have been 'properly executed'. Procommunists would say the same. As would socialists. I just believe that putting it all in to one school of governance is a fools game. Given that the evidence has shown that a good measure of dereglated supply side was enacted and the greed went wild, I think it demonstrates that it still comes down to 'we the people', the true government of our country, need to regulate to prevent such runaway acts of greed, from Ivan Boesky to Frankilin Raines.

The problem, and I would be interested to know how you would suggest it be financed, is that a government, even 'by the people', costs money. Oversight costs money. Enforcement costs money. So if you don't believe that any of that is necessary, I guess there isn't much to examine hre, but if you think that SOMETHING is necessary, how then would you suggest we pay for it?

I thought our economy was pretty good under Clinton, and that has nothing to do with party affiliation, especially since he had a Republican majority to deal with, but the policies were pretty effective.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #138
Nuggets
Professional Pisser Offer
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,302
iTrader: (12)
I like pizza too.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 27th, 2008, 05:37 PM   #139
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 7,943
iTrader: (19)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nuggets View Post
I like pizza too.
x2
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 28th, 2008, 10:31 AM   #140
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,108
iTrader: (1)
Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Okay, you're right. All kinds of economic theories 'work', but none have been 'properly executed'. Procommunists would say the same. As would socialists. I just believe that putting it all in to one school of governance is a fools game. Given that the evidence has shown that a good measure of dereglated supply side was enacted and the greed went wild, I think it demonstrates that it still comes down to 'we the people', the true government of our country, need to regulate to prevent such runaway acts of greed, from Ivan Boesky to Frankilin Raines.

The problem, and I would be interested to know how you would suggest it be financed, is that a government, even 'by the people', costs money. Oversight costs money. Enforcement costs money. So if you don't believe that any of that is necessary, I guess there isn't much to examine hre, but if you think that SOMETHING is necessary, how then would you suggest we pay for it?

I thought our economy was pretty good under Clinton, and that has nothing to do with party affiliation, especially since he had a Republican majority to deal with, but the policies were pretty effective.

You pay for it with a tax base that is low, flat and wide.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
the sky is falling

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:09 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Copyright 2005 - 2012 Cracker Enterprises - Powered by Linux
vB Ad Management by =RedTyger=
Page generated in 0.34984 seconds with 50 queries