Dear poor people... - Page 6 - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old December 24th, 2008, 07:25 AM   #101
Nuggets
I fix stuff!
 
Nuggets's Avatar
 
Join Date: 09-15-06
Location: Bay City, MI
Posts: 13,450
iTrader: (13)
Mentioned: 3 Post(s)
Default

I will admit a slight tingle of resentment at first. That was until somebody made the comment that I have alot of tools, toys, stuff, for a guy that wrenches for a living. I sorta got pissed and said that it was a lifetime of busting my ass to accumulate all of the items in my life. Now I agree with the statement 165%. BTW, I owned a business for a long time and can relate to monkeyevil's feelings of people that think business owners are rich by default.
Nuggets is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old December 24th, 2008, 09:35 AM   #102
TFin04
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-17-08
Location: Ann Arbor-ish, MI
Posts: 154
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
see what you started Tfin04
I know, I'm a jackass.
TFin04 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:25 AM   #103
3-foot
Senior Member
 
3-foot's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-21-06
Location: Springfield Township, Mi
Posts: 1,127
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
You guys crack me up. We're all enjoying the benefits of 28 years of the very free-market Reaganomics you all preach. The house and senate have been Republican controlled and they made the laws and the presidents signed them.

Your Republicans got all the deregulation they wanted, and look what good it's done. The latest crash? Well, the massive Republican majority and president had 8 years to change it and did nothing. Here's his opinion of all of us: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mn4daYJzyls

Guys, Reaganomics doesn't work. It's a great Utopian idea, but the last 28 years have proven that the greed will prevail. Even GW has to give in: http://www.npr.org/templates/story/s...oryId=98498125
You really don't know what you're talking about. Reaganomics, better known as supply side economics, has a proven track record of increasing tax revenues by reducing tax rates. The last 28 years of history prove this. Where the failure happened is on the spending side. The two parts of supply side econ. are lower taxes and reduced spending. The reduced spending never happened, and that is why the national debt has continued to increase despite the increasing tax revenue.

Taxes stayed low from Reagan, to Bush, Clinton, and Bush II, relative to the pre-Reagan era. However, spending rose faster than the increased revenue from the lower taxes. This is fact.

Spending was reduced some during the Clinton years because of the Republican majority who sought to control spending to some degree. Also Bush I had a small tax increase, as a result of Democratic pressure to do so. However those were the exceptions not the rule for the last 28 years. Each had results that follow the supply side model as expected. Increased tax rates reduced overall tax revenue and reduced spending created a surplus. Both sides of the aisle have strayed from the supply side model, even Reagan; he never reduced spending, because he thought it more important to win the cold war. I agree with that decision.

Supply side does work. The reason we are in the mess we are in is because of politician's greed for power not the market being greedy. I put the blame squarely in the hands of Washington on both sides of the aisle. Your elected officials have sold you out in the name of political correctness.

If you think that going back to Keynesian style economics is going to save this country you're absolutely as ignorant as everyone on this site thinks you are. Were you alive in the 70's?

The best solution for this country is a flat tax or a fair tax, with a balanced budget amendment. Until the gov't stops spending more than it brings in we will continue to march toward bankruptcy and the end of this nation as we know it.

I recommend you read "The End of Prosperity”, it lays out the last 28 years of economics in this country, the good and the bad, and shows the mistakes of both parties along the way.

Now, please go away and learn something about how things actually work.
3-foot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:36 AM   #104
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,845
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
You really don't know what you're talking about. Reaganomics, better known as supply side economics, has a proven track record of increasing tax revenues by reducing tax rates. The last 28 years of history prove this. Where the failure happened is on the spending side. The two parts of supply side econ. are lower taxes and reduced spending. The reduced spending never happened, and that is why the national debt has continued to increase despite the increasing tax revenue.

Taxes stayed low from Reagan, to Bush, Clinton, and Bush II, relative to the pre-Reagan era. However, spending rose faster than the increased revenue from the lower taxes. This is fact.

Spending was reduced some during the Clinton years because of the Republican majority who sought to control spending to some degree. Also Bush I had a small tax increase, as a result of Democratic pressure to do so. However those were the exceptions not the rule for the last 28 years. Each had results that follow the supply side model as expected. Increased tax rates reduced overall tax revenue and reduced spending created a surplus. Both sides of the aisle have strayed from the supply side model, even Reagan; he never reduced spending, because he thought it more important to win the cold war. I agree with that decision.

Supply side does work. The reason we are in the mess we are in is because of politician's greed for power not the market being greedy. I put the blame squarely in the hands of Washington on both sides of the aisle. Your elected officials have sold you out in the name of political correctness.

If you think that going back to Keynesian style economics is going to save this country you're absolutely as ignorant as everyone on this site thinks you are. Were you alive in the 70's?

The best solution for this country is a flat tax or a fair tax, with a balanced budget amendment. Until the gov't stops spending more than it brings in we will continue to march toward bankruptcy and the end of this nation as we know it.

I recommend you read "The End of Prosperity”, it lays out the last 28 years of economics in this country, the good and the bad, and shows the mistakes of both parties along the way.

Now, please go away and learn something about how things actually work.
Accurate and well-put.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:34 AM   #105
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
You really don't know what you're talking about. Reaganomics, better known as supply side economics, has a proven track record of increasing tax revenues by reducing tax rates. The last 28 years of history prove this. Where the failure happened is on the spending side. The two parts of supply side econ. are lower taxes and reduced spending. The reduced spending never happened, and that is why the national debt has continued to increase despite the increasing tax revenue.

Taxes stayed low from Reagan, to Bush, Clinton, and Bush II, relative to the pre-Reagan era. However, spending rose faster than the increased revenue from the lower taxes. This is fact.

Spending was reduced some during the Clinton years because of the Republican majority who sought to control spending to some degree. Also Bush I had a small tax increase, as a result of Democratic pressure to do so. However those were the exceptions not the rule for the last 28 years. Each had results that follow the supply side model as expected. Increased tax rates reduced overall tax revenue and reduced spending created a surplus. Both sides of the aisle have strayed from the supply side model, even Reagan; he never reduced spending, because he thought it more important to win the cold war. I agree with that decision.

Supply side does work. The reason we are in the mess we are in is because of politician's greed for power not the market being greedy. I put the blame squarely in the hands of Washington on both sides of the aisle. Your elected officials have sold you out in the name of political correctness.

If you think that going back to Keynesian style economics is going to save this country you're absolutely as ignorant as everyone on this site thinks you are. Were you alive in the 70's?

The best solution for this country is a flat tax or a fair tax, with a balanced budget amendment. Until the gov't stops spending more than it brings in we will continue to march toward bankruptcy and the end of this nation as we know it.

I recommend you read "The End of Prosperity”, it lays out the last 28 years of economics in this country, the good and the bad, and shows the mistakes of both parties along the way.

Now, please go away and learn something about how things actually work.

That all must be bullshit because nowhere did you blame Bush.. lol
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:04 PM   #106
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kicker42 View Post
I dont want money from the Government They want money form me.
O and screw sally may what happened to a free economy and letting the market decide. I don't want to give my money to them. Let them go out of business. I don't care about them they don't care about me and they don't have to. Let let the chips fall so we can finely move on, and start getting this country back on track.
O and Tell the FEDERAL RESERVE to stop counterfeiting money its against the LAW. Ok back to my corner
And THERE is the root of the problem. The FRB.

BTW: GW Bush is the one doing these bailouts. GW Bush is the one that said that we cannot let the free market take it's course. We've been under so-called Republican (NeoCon) majority for 28 years guys. It's not working.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:10 PM   #107
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Infinite_Wisdumb View Post
Fair Enough
So are you saying that you don't support your kids? I'm confused.

Meant to quote brewmann, not you.

Last edited by AGoodBuzz; December 24th, 2008 at 10:11 PM. Reason: Ooops....
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:14 PM   #108
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Thats one of the dumbest things I have read in a looooong time.
That's probably what you said about Perot's warning's too.......

He's right. Reaganomics didn't work. NAFTA didn't work either.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:18 PM   #109
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Common misconception propagated by the media. China buys a lot of shit from us, just not usually high dollar items. Why? Because they cant afford them (at least the citizens cant).

http://www.uschina.org/public/docume...orts-china.pdf
Doesn't come close to equalizing our massive trade deficit..... Not to mention the loans and concessions GW Bush got us in to to pay for his war so he wouldn't have to raise taxes to pay for it and risk having us tell him NO.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:19 PM   #110
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toolmakerprevo View Post
This was written in 2002. A lot has changed since then.....?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #111
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,055
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

did someone take a big steamy shit in agoodbuzz's cheerios this morning?
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:21 PM   #112
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by smasheromalley View Post
Sounds like Zeitgeist
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:26 PM   #113
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,055
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

did a republican make you play with his naughty bits when you were a child or something?
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:38 PM   #114
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3-foot View Post
You really don't know what you're talking about. Reaganomics, better known as supply side economics, has a proven track record of increasing tax revenues by reducing tax rates. The last 28 years of history prove this. Where the failure happened is on the spending side. The two parts of supply side econ. are lower taxes and reduced spending. The reduced spending never happened, and that is why the national debt has continued to increase despite the increasing tax revenue.

I agree the spending has been a problem, and we've had a REpublican majority through all that bud.

Taxes stayed low from Reagan, to Bush, Clinton, and Bush II, relative to the pre-Reagan era. However, spending rose faster than the increased revenue from the lower taxes. This is fact. So is the fact that our government is not run on income tax. Not our roads, not our schools, etc. So what's your point?

Spending was reduced some during the Clinton years because of the Republican majority who sought to control spending to some degree. Ah, so it was the Republicans that did it.... I see.... So why didn't they do that when there were Republican presidents?Also Bush I had a small tax increase, as a result of Democratic pressure to do so. However those were the exceptions not the rule for the last 28 years. Each had results that follow the supply side model as expected. Increased tax rates reduced overall tax revenue and reduced spending created a surplus. Both sides of the aisle have strayed from the supply side model, even Reagan; he never reduced spending, because he thought it more important to win the cold war. I agree with that decision. Seems there may be a whole lot of business associations you're ignoring then. General Electric and Ronald Reagan for instance.....?

Supply side does work. Then why have Japan and Europe used the opposite philosophy and remained stable in comparison to us?The reason we are in the mess we are in is because of politician's greed for power not the market being greedy. I put the blame squarely in the hands of Washington on both sides of the aisle. Your elected officials have sold you out in the name of political correctness. Agreed, but it doesn't change the fact that the wealthiest 1% did not do what Reagan thought they would do.... They took their money off shore.

If you think that going back to Keynesian style economics is going to save this country you're absolutely as ignorant as everyone on this site thinks you are. I never said that, but I'm impressed that you at least know that much. Ever stopped to think there might be OTHER WAYS?Were you alive in the 70's? Yes. Quite.

The best solution for this country is a flat tax or a fair tax, with a balanced budget amendment. You mean like those during the Clinton administration? When we were paying down debt via bond sales? Oh wow... He was.... a...... Democrat!!!!!Until the gov't stops spending more than it brings in we will continue to march toward bankruptcy and the end of this nation as we know it.

I recommend you read "The End of Prosperity”, it lays out the last 28 years of economics in this country, the good and the bad, and shows the mistakes of both parties along the way.

Now, please go away and learn something about how things actually work.

And I suggest you read "Screwed: The War on the Middle Class".

Now, maybe you should go ahead and petition the administrators to ban me, because as far as I can see they respect free speech, as long as I don't insult or threaten you.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:39 PM   #115
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Toes View Post
That all must be bullshit because nowhere did you blame Bush.. lol
Toes... Pay attention bro.... He's on your side. Sheesh.
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:48 PM   #116
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by chadcooper55 View Post
did a republican make you play with his naughty bits when you were a child or something?
Hi Chad. Thanks for the interesting and thought provoking input. Actually, I was a true Barry Goldwater Republican most of my life, as was my entire family (both sides). I'm a military veteran, corporate officer, and earned everything I have in life.

I have watched my party slowly be taken over by corporate criminals and neoconservatives that march in cloaked in the flag and carrying a cross and calling anyone that disagrees 'unpatriotic'. America was founded on dissent.

I have, over time, decided that I would prefer to live in a 'we' society than a 'me' society. My eyes have been opened and I realize that we now have the technology and the welath to care for all people..... And yes, there will be lazy assholes that take advantage of the system, but they will hurt you and me a lot less than the greedy assholes that are taking advantage of our current system.

There is not one swingin' dick on this site that earns enough money to take any worthwhile advantage of a single Reagan or Bush tax cut. Not one. And if you say you are I will call you a liar and challenge you to prove it. We and our offsprig for generations will have to pay for this huge swindle that happened under GW Bush's watch. Blame anyone you want, but it happened under his watch gang. We've been screwed. Why are you still defending them?

I want my country back, and I'm willing to fight anyone to get it back, and alongside anyone that wants it back too... Even you. And believe me, when you go in to battle with me at your side you can be sure I will not back down.

By the way: 'the government' is YOU AND ME! We the people.... Remember?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:50 PM   #117
AGoodBuzz
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 12-09-07
Location: Canton, MI
Posts: 1,557
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Hi Chad. Thanks for the interesting and thought provoking input. Actually, I was a true Barry Goldwater Republican most of my life, as was my entire family (both sides). I'm a military veteran, corporate officer, and earned everything I have in life.

I have watched my party slowly be taken over by corporate criminals and neoconservatives that march in cloaked in the flag and carrying a cross and calling anyone that disagrees 'unpatriotic'. America was founded on dissent.

I have, over time, decided that I would prefer to live in a 'we' society than a 'me' society. My eyes have been opened and I realize that we now have the technology and the welath to care for all people..... And yes, there will be lazy assholes that take advantage of the system, but they will hurt you and me a lot less than the greedy assholes that are taking advantage of our current system.

There is not one swingin' dick on this site that earns enough money to take any worthwhile advantage of a single Reagan or Bush tax cut. Not one. And if you say you are I will call you a liar and challenge you to prove it. We and our offsprig for generations will have to pay for this huge swindle that happened under GW Bush's watch. Blame anyone you want, but it happened under his watch gang. We've been screwed. Why are you still defending them?

I want my country back, and I'm willing to fight anyone to get it back, and alongside anyone that wants it back too... Even you. And believe me, when you go in to battle with me at your side you can be sure I will not back down.

By the way: 'the government' is YOU AND ME! We the people.... Remember?

Some of you would rather go hide in the woods and clean your rifle.

I would rather take to the streets and face the enemy.

Who is the coward?

Who is the warrior?
AGoodBuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 10:52 PM   #118
chadcooper55
expert jeep disassembler
 
chadcooper55's Avatar
 
Join Date: 08-28-08
Location: kent city mi
Posts: 8,055
iTrader: (20)
Mentioned: 12 Post(s)
Default

agoodbuzz- your welcome
chadcooper55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:27 PM   #119
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Toes... Pay attention bro.... He's on your side. Sheesh.
You really should read things before you go off.

Can't you see that was in jest......

Also we all know NAFTA didn't work, I said it wouldn't when the Clinton adminisration put it into play, but that was Bush's fault, right.

I'm thinking that since Reganomics didn't work we go back to Jimmy Carters economic polices, sound like a winner to you??????

We could probally blame Bush for that to.

Well thats all in the past let's see what happens now........
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old December 24th, 2008, 11:38 PM   #120
Mr Toes - R.I.P.
November 7, 1958 - July 22, 2011
 
Mr Toes - R.I.P.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-29-07
Location: Belleville Mi
Posts: 4,727
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by AGoodBuzz View Post
Hi Chad. Thanks for the interesting and thought provoking input. Actually, I was a true Barry Goldwater Republican most of my life, as was my entire family (both sides). I'm a military veteran, corporate officer, and earned everything I have in life.

I have watched my party slowly be taken over by corporate criminals and neoconservatives that march in cloaked in the flag and carrying a cross and calling anyone that disagrees 'unpatriotic'. America was founded on dissent.

I have, over time, decided that I would prefer to live in a 'we' society than a 'me' society. My eyes have been opened and I realize that we now have the technology and the welath to care for all people..... And yes, there will be lazy assholes that take advantage of the system, but they will hurt you and me a lot less than the greedy assholes that are taking advantage of our current system.

There is not one swingin' dick on this site that earns enough money to take any worthwhile advantage of a single Reagan or Bush tax cut. Not one. And if you say you are I will call you a liar and challenge you to prove it. We and our offsprig for generations will have to pay for this huge swindle that happened under GW Bush's watch. Blame anyone you want, but it happened under his watch gang. We've been screwed. Why are you still defending them?

I want my country back, and I'm willing to fight anyone to get it back, and alongside anyone that wants it back too... Even you. And believe me, when you go in to battle with me at your side you can be sure I will not back down.

By the way: 'the government' is YOU AND ME! We the people.... Remember?

Open mouth insert foot.........
Mr Toes - R.I.P. is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
Tags
the sky is falling

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 06:49 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright ©2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.77708 seconds with 80 queries