Obama states - "My muslim faith" yesterday. - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:26 PM   #1
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,509
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default Obama states - "My muslim faith" yesterday.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...s-his-critics/

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #2
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
http://washingtontimes.com/news/2008...s-his-critics/

YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
LMAO, he did that while trying to say how much of a christian he is.
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:29 PM   #3
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,980
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Hahaha...oops.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:30 PM   #4
clarkstoncracker
lol
 
clarkstoncracker's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-03-05
Location: OC - MI
Posts: 42,509
iTrader: (40)
Mentioned: 113 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to clarkstoncracker
Default

Sorry, but nobody who is as good as speaker as obama would ever make that mistake if he wasn't really a muslim.

I DON'T CARE if he is a muslim, but the fact is he has lied about his faith for a long time.
__________________
clarkstoncracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:31 PM   #5
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Oh boy...
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #6
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Meh, I could see getting slipped up when the topic is getting attacked with the accusation of a muslim faith.

When "muslim" is every third word you say, you get muslim on the brain, and you'd probably slip up too.

I'm not supporting him, just saying that I could see any of us slipping up. Of course, if we slipped up, there would be far fewer consequences; however, I, personally, wouldn't hold this as ANY form of conclusive evidence.
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:32 PM   #7
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,980
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Sorry, but nobody who is as good as speaker as obama would ever make that mistake if he wasn't really a muslim.

I DON'T CARE if he is a muslim, but the fact is he has lied about his faith for a long time.
I somewhat see a problem with him being Muslim. The bastard always seems to be hiding something though.

How can he keep preaching change, not explain what it is, and people go nuts for it? His "change" could be pretty extreme and radical.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:54 PM   #8
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 01:57 PM   #9
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

http://www.suntimes.com/news/politic...aith08.article

supposedly he slipped up.

who knows?
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:36 PM   #10
Dave Kerwin
web wheeling, hard.
 
Dave Kerwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-18-05
Location: SE MI
Posts: 6,688
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
I DON'T CARE if he is a muslim
you don't?
Dave Kerwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:44 PM   #11
toolmantim
Go lil yellow Roobicon...
 
toolmantim's Avatar
 
Join Date: 01-22-06
Location: Toledo Ohio
Posts: 1,958
iTrader: (5)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

reaching...grasping....
__________________
I'm compensating for my manhood.

Northwest Ohio Crawlers
toolmantim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:46 PM   #12
dline
Senior Member
 
dline's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Utica
Posts: 3,514
iTrader: (32)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to dline Send a message via Yahoo to dline
Default

i've read a topic about him and being muslim before, this just confirms it.

if you vote for him you should be shot.
dline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:51 PM   #13
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,466
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by clarkstoncracker View Post
Sorry, but nobody who is as good as speaker as obama would ever make that mistake if he wasn't really a muslim.
He seems to be a good speech reader. Without a script he seems to struggle.
I'm sure it was just a slip.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 03:56 PM   #14
fsumotorhead
N8KVB
 
fsumotorhead's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-24-06
Location: Flat Rock, MI
Posts: 4,191
iTrader: (34)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post

How can he keep preaching change, not explain what it is, and people go nuts for it? His "change" could be pretty extreme and radical.
while reading your post i kept thinking of the family guy election scene...

"9/11"
fsumotorhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:09 PM   #15
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,466
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post

How can he keep preaching change, not explain what it is, and people go nuts for it? His "change" could be pretty extreme and radical.
It's explained here... http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/Obama...tForChange.pdf
with quite a bit of detail.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:11 PM   #16
GreaseMonkey
Senior Member
 
GreaseMonkey's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-04-05
Location: Madison Heights, MI
Posts: 17,980
iTrader: (22)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
It's explained here... http://www.barackobama.com/pdf/Obama...tForChange.pdf
with quite a bit of detail.
He just doesn't seem like a truthful guy. I wonder how much of that would actually happen if he got elected.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryann View Post
I am not a lesbian but if I was I would do her.
GreaseMonkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 04:12 PM   #17
brewmenn
Grumpy old man.
 
brewmenn's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Inkster, MI
Posts: 10,466
iTrader: (9)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreaseMonkey View Post
He just doesn't seem like a truthful guy. I wonder how much of that would actually happen if he got elected.
Probably to much.
brewmenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:32 PM   #18
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

A lot of Obama doubletalk and evading the issue. "Constrained" Constitutional rights?

http://www.gunbanobama.com/default.a...b-2468868d096d

"My hometown of Chicago - the south side of Chicago". Uh, Obama is NOT from Chicago - he moved there to get elected to office...

Other notes:

FACT: Barack Obama voted against the confirmation of 2 of the 5 Justices that affirmed an individual right to keep and bear arms.

FACT: Barack Obama voted to allow reckless lawsuits designed to bankrupt the firearms industry.1

FACT: Barack Obama wants to re-impose the failed and discredited Clinton Gun Ban.15

FACT: Barack Obama voted to ban almost all rifle ammunition commonly used for hunting and sport shooting.3

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a 500% increase in the federal excise tax on firearms and ammunition.9

FACT: Barack Obama has endorsed a complete ban on handgun ownership.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports local gun bans in Chicago, Washington, D.C., and other cities.4

FACT: Barack Obama voted to uphold local gun bans and the criminal prosecution of people
who use firearms in self-defense.5

FACT: Barack Obama supports gun owner licensing and gun registration.6

FACT: Barack Obama refused to sign a friend-of-the-court Brief in support of individual Second Amendment rights in the Heller case.

FACT: Barack Obama opposes Right to Carry laws.7

FACT: Barack Obama was a member of the Board of Directors of the Joyce Foundation, the leading source of funds for anti-gun organizations and “research.”8

FACT: Barack Obama supported a proposal to ban gun stores within 5 miles of a school or park, which would eliminate almost every gun store in America.9

FACT: Barack Obama voted not to notify gun owners when the state of Illinois did records searches on them.10

FACT: Barack Obama voted against a measure to lower the Firearms Owners Identification card age minimum from 21 to 18, a measure designed to assist young people in the military.11

FACT: Barack Obama favors a ban on standard capacity magazines.12

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory micro-stamping.13

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory waiting periods.2

FACT: Barack Obama supports repeal of the Tiahrt Amendment, which prohibits information on gun traces collected by the BATFE from being used in reckless lawsuits against firearm dealers and manufacturers.14

FACT: Barack Obama supports one-gun-a-month handgun purchase restrictions.16

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on inexpensive handguns.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports a ban on the resale of police issued firearms, even if the money is going to police departments for replacement equipment.9

FACT: Barack Obama supports mandatory firearm training requirements for all gun owners and a ban on gun ownership for persons under the age of 21.9

1. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 219, July 29, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00219)

2. Independent Voters of Illinois/Independent Precinct Organization general candidate questionnaire, Sept. 9, 1996. The responses on this survey were described in “Obama had greater role on liberal survey,” Politico, March 31, 2008. (http://www.politico.com/news/stories/0308/9269.html)

3. United States Senate, S. 397, vote number 217, Kennedy amendment July 29, 2005. (http://www.senate.gov/legislative/LI...n=1&vote=00217)

4. David Wright, Ursula Fahy and Sunlen Miller, "Obama: 'Common Sense Regulation' On Gun Owners' Rights," ABC News' "Political Radar" Blog, http://blogs.abcnews.com, 2/15/08. (http://blogs.abcnews.com/politicalra...common-se.html)

5. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2004 SB 2165, vote 20.

6. “Fact Check: No News In Obama's Consistent Record.” Obama ’08, December 11, 2007. (http://www.barackobama.com/factcheck...n_obamas_c.php)

7. “Candidates' gun control positions may figure in Pa. vote,” Pittsburgh Tribune-Review, Wednesday, April 2, 2008, and "Keyes, Obama Are Far Apart On Guns," Chicago Tribune, 9/15/04. (http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pitt.../s_560181.html)

8. 1998 Joyce Foundation Annual Report, p. 7.

9. “Obama and Gun Control,” The Volokh Conspiracy, taken from the Chicago Defender, Dec. 13, 1999. (http://www.volokh.com/posts/1203389334.shtml)

10. Illinois Senate, May 5, 2002, SB 1936 Con., vote 26.

11. Illinois Senate, March 25, 2003, SB 2163, vote 18.

12. “Clinton, Edwards, Obama on gun control,” Radio Iowa, Sunday, April 22, 2007. (http://learfield.typepad.com/radioio...n_edwards.html)

13. Chicago Tribune blogs, “Barack Obama: NIU Shootings call for action,” February 15, 2008, (http://blogs.trb.com/news/politics/b..._on_shoot.html)

14. Barack Obama campaign website: “As president, Barack Obama would repeal the Tiahrt Amendment . . .” (http://www.barackobama.com/issues/ur...aw-enforcement.)

15. Illinois Senate Debate #3: Barack Obama vs. Alan Keyes (http://www.ontheissues.org/2008/Bara...un_Control.htm and http://www.ontheissues.org/IL_2004_Senate_3rd.htm) Oct 21, 2004.

16. Illinois Senate, May 16, 2003, HB 2579, vote 34.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:39 PM   #19
Sol Goode
Obama Nation!
 
Sol Goode's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Curt1656 & Scooters love castle
Posts: 14,400
iTrader: (10)
Mentioned: 13 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by brewmenn View Post
He seems to be a good speech reader. Without a script he seems to struggle.
I'm sure it was just a slip.
Uhm, I have given 100's of speeches. Some scripted, some not. There is no way he slips up on that. He is too good of a speaker to make that mistake.
__________________
#YOLO
#meballsohard
Sol Goode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 8th, 2008, 08:53 PM   #20
DuffMan
Your Message Here
 
DuffMan's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: The Ile of Grosse
Posts: 5,837
iTrader: (11)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sol Goode View Post
Uhm, I have given 100's of speeches. Some scripted, some not. There is no way he slips up on that. He is too good of a speaker to make that mistake.
He's a good reader, but I've noticed two things:

1) He fails quickly when the teleprompter (which he uses really well, unlike McCain) craps out. And when he fails, it's shades of stammering Dubya, except with better grammar.

2) Now that the honeymoon from the press is dying down a little (oh, he's still the object of the media's affection) and his numbers have slipped a little in the post-republican convention lull, he seems a little short-tempered...

Do I think he's a closet Muslim? Highly unlikely, although the heavy exposure in his formative years certainly made an impression.
__________________
This is the Pub. Leave common sense at the door.
DuffMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.29734 seconds with 80 queries