Why are Democrates Violent ? - Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest

Go Back   Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat
GL4x4 Live! GL4x4 Casino

Politics, Government, or Religion Chat Bring your flamesuit!

greatlakes4x4.com is the premier Great Lakes 4x4 Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.
Search
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:37 AM   #1
Shakr
formerly square eyed rio
 
Shakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 548
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default Why are Democrates Violent ?

First off I'd like to point out I do not consider myself a Republican nor a Democrate . I vote "Best person for the Position" however over the last few years I have leaned toward the Elephant more than the Jackass.

My question is : Why are Democrates so violent ?. it seems if you disagree with their beliefs they get very agressive but yet the majority of Democrates want to stop wars, stop fighting and save everything that can possibly be saved ...... except disagreeing Non Democrates.

Most Republicans I know and speak with will argue to defend their beliefs but for the most part shrug off the negatives and call it ignorance on the others part .

This is not scientific study but it is years worth of my experiences . I am associated with many walks of life from young to old , poor to somewhat wealthy so I'm not just hanging in the trailor park getting my info.

I have several relatives who are Union workers and when ever politics are discussed they get flustered however on many occiasions they can not seem to back up their reasons for their beliefs other than that's what the other Union members have told them .

I see this very forum has a couple strong willed Democrates who after a few posts are on the warpath .

I'll bet with in 3 posted replies One of the Dems will bash me for even asking this question.



Side Note :

We could put an end to terrorism by just telling Democrates that Terrorists vote Republican ...
Shakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement
 
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:45 AM   #2
BRUSER
Senior Member
 
BRUSER's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-08-06
Location: WestSide Michigan
Posts: 1,326
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakr View Post
First off I'd like to point out I do not consider myself a Republican nor a Democrate . I vote "Best person for the Position" however over the last few years I have leaned toward the Elephant more than the Jackass.

My question is : Why are Democrates so violent ?. it seems if you disagree with their beliefs they get very agressive but yet the majority of Democrates want to stop wars, stop fighting and save everything that can possibly be saved ...... except disagreeing Non Democrates.

Most Republicans I know and speak with will argue to defend their beliefs but for the most part shrug off the negatives and call it ignorance on the others part .

This is not scientific study but it is years worth of my experiences . I am associated with many walks of life from young to old , poor to somewhat wealthy so I'm not just hanging in the trailor park getting my info.

I have several relatives who are Union workers and when ever politics are discussed they get flustered however on many occiasions they can not seem to back up their reasons for their beliefs other than that's what the other Union members have told them .

I see this very forum has a couple strong willed Democrates who after a few posts are on the warpath .

I'll bet with in 3 posted replies One of the Dems will bash me for even asking this question.



Side Note :

We could put an end to terrorism by just telling Democrates that Terrorists vote Republican ...
Look at the level of violence between the two conventions. So far the anti-republican forces have had arrests and injuries and its only day 2. Of course the anti- had jobs to back to so they cant aford to get arrested
BRUSER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 11:54 AM   #3
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

That's because either know they are wrong, or can't support their positions, leaving them with the following:
1) scream their point repeatedly believing that if it's said enough times it must be true
2) call you names, or use vulgarities in general, distracting from the position they argue
3) change subject
4) violance
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:34 PM   #4
mikesova
My 4x4 is a Subaru.
 
mikesova's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Gladwin, MI
Posts: 7,788
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to mikesova
Default

I still don't know who Democrates is...is that Socrates brother?
mikesova is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:40 PM   #5
Pokerob
hug life
 
Pokerob's Avatar
 
Join Date: 10-25-06
Location: G-Rap, MI
Posts: 10,147
iTrader: (25)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikesova View Post
I still don't know who Democrates is...is that Socrates brother?
haha

He was never mentioned in any of Aristotle's writtings that i can find?

Maybe he was a cousin or step-brother?
Pokerob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 12:58 PM   #6
84Scrambler
Senior Member
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Lansing
Posts: 5,942
iTrader: (8)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to 84Scrambler
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob View Post
haha

He was never mentioned in any of Aristotle's writtings that i can find?

Maybe he was a cousin or step-brother?
He was the retarded little brother they kept hidden in the closet out of shame. I think he was later discovered and invented welfare and was the inspiration for the current .
84Scrambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:08 PM   #7
Just a Spouse
Motrcytman's spouse
 
Just a Spouse's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Lake View, AL
Posts: 7,142
iTrader: (0)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Unhappy

Not all of them are democrat...some are republican, libertarian, as well as .
Just a Spouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 2nd, 2008, 01:32 PM   #8
howell_jeep
Last Free Man
 
howell_jeep's Avatar
 
Join Date: 02-09-06
Location: Howell Twp, MI 48836
Posts: 10,848
iTrader: (69)
Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by pokerob View Post
haha

He was never mentioned in any of Aristotle's writtings that i can find?

Maybe he was a cousin or step-brother?

Start reading Plato then

"I doubt whether that is the real reason, I said; for I should imagine
that your father Democrates, and your mother, do permit you to do many
things already, and do not wait until you are of age:"

Page 4
Lysis, or Friendship

By Plato
Written 380 B.C.E
__________________
I SHOOT RAW!
---

Exercise your rights! Open Carry!
howell_jeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:33 AM   #9
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakr View Post
.................................................. .....
My question is : Why are Democrates so violent ?. it seems if you disagree with their beliefs they get very agressive .................................................. ..........
Most Republicans I know and speak with will argue to defend their beliefs but for the most part shrug off the negatives and call it ignorance on the others part . ...............................

Yes there are violent people that claim to be or liberals or simply left leaning. Animal rights activists, tree huggers, save the whales. Plenty of organizations have violent pasts and some even have violent agendas. They do not represent Liberals in general or Democrats in particular. To think they do is just plain ignorant.

And there are also violent people that claim to be or conservatives or simply right leaning. Right to lifers (abortion clinic bombings), KKK (they are consider very right wing religious and associate with republican and conservative beliefs), aryan groups. Plenty of evidence of these groups being violent. They do not represent Conservatives in general or Republicans in particular. To think they do is just plain ignorant.

I do not condone violent protest. I do not condone physical attacks against those that do not agree with me. If someone protests in a violent manner arrests are warranted.

I think the protests and the Police reactions in St. Paul have the potential of getting way out of hand.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 09:35 AM   #10
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

http://www.greatlakes4x4.com/showpos...&postcount=173

Then someone has to do something like this and blow your whole theory to crap.

There are always exceptions...
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 11:53 AM   #11
Shakr
formerly square eyed rio
 
Shakr's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Howell
Posts: 548
iTrader: (4)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

I agree there are violent people in every party or organization but from my experience most of the confrontations come from those who object violence which is what I was trying to say.


If a liberal wants to demonstrate and shout their opinion that's fine , I do not have to listen but I think I should have my chance to shout my opinion and those who disagree should leave the area.

I totally disagree with any protesting at either parties conventions as both deserve to speak their minds to likemined people. If you come to my door to preach your belief and I say I'm not interested then move on , do not question my reasons just move on ..simple concept .


Bottom line is the basis of my post is to find out if others experience what I have experienced and comments from both sides are what I hoped to get . My post was from my viewpoint and is just my opinion as I see a trend of more violence displayed from one party than the other. Oddly enough the most violence comes from the self proclaimed non violent group.

And for the spelling of Democrat I kinda like it with an E on the end but I choose to make the E silent :) afterall I do have a right to my choice and those who disagree with the E can skip it or close their eye when they get to it ...the choice is yours .

I will not throw stones if you don't like the E ...maybe you can add a letter of your choice

I'm pretty sure the teachers who taught me to spell were Democrate's :)
Shakr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:13 PM   #12
87'YJ
Jeeps, Journey and Jesus
 
87'YJ's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-07-05
Location: Columbus
Posts: 1,651
iTrader: (2)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by 84Scrambler View Post
He was the retarded little brother they kept hidden in the closet out of shame. I think he was later discovered and invented welfare and was the inspiration for the current .
priceless
87'YJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 12:17 PM   #13
General Lee
Slice of Starsage Anyone?
 
General Lee's Avatar
 
Join Date: 11-09-05
Location: Kalamazoo, MI
Posts: 5,070
iTrader: (7)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to General Lee
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakr View Post
And for the spelling of Democrat I kinda like it with an E on the end but I choose to make the E silent :) afterall I do have a right to my choice and those who disagree with the E can skip it or close their eye when they get to it ...the choice is yours .

I will not throw stones if you don't like the E ...maybe you can add a letter of your choice

I'm pretty sure the teachers who taught me to spell were Democrate's :)

I just lost every thread of respect that I had for you.













...which is strange...because I didn't start off with any...
General Lee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 3rd, 2008, 02:27 PM   #14
PeteC
Get Up and Go
 
Join Date: 11-05-05
Location: Oak Park, Michigan
Posts: 2,561
iTrader: (3)
Mentioned: 2 Post(s)
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shakr View Post
.................................................. ...........

I totally disagree with any protesting at either parties conventions as both deserve to speak their minds to likemined people.
Peaceful protest is at the heart of the first amendment. Peaceful protest/speech in a public place is a constitutional guarantee. I am sorry if you do not realize this. A national convention is a perfect place for peaceful protest. This way the attendees may actually see or hear the other sides concerns. Of course, this involves protest outside of the confines of that convention venue and on public grounds.

Quote:
If you come to my door to preach your belief and I say I'm not interested then move on , do not question my reasons just move on ..simple concept .
Now we are talking private property and space You have the right not to listen and close the door. Also local ordinances control what can be brought to your door.


Quote:
Bottom line is the basis of my post is to find out if others experience what I have experienced and comments from both sides are what I hoped to get . My post was from my viewpoint and is just my opinion as I see a trend of more violence displayed from one party than the other. Oddly enough the most violence comes from the self proclaimed non violent group.
And my post was in response to that. I see violence from those who claim shared ideals with both of the 2 major political parties. And then I used a couple of example organizations. I have seen individuals react in both positive and negative ways supported either side, even right here on this website.

Quote:
And for the spelling of Democrat I kinda like it with an E on the end but I choose to make the E silent :) afterall I do have a right to my choice and those who disagree with the E can skip it or close their eye when they get to it ...the choice is yours .

I will not throw stones if you don't like the E ...maybe you can add a letter of your choice

I'm pretty sure the teachers who taught me to spell were Democrate's :)
Adding this "e" for what I can only assume are negative reasons simply shows a disrespect. In this case a disrespect for a portion of the American society that wants the best for the country, just like the Republicans, but see the a different road....in some respects.

I lean left on a lot of issues and right on others. I choose to respect those that oppose my views or disagree with my opinions in this arena.
Even though I do not like the way the Republican party is heading (in my opinion) they still represent a large portion of the United States. If this were not true, we would not have elections decided by a few percentage points like the last 2 presidential elections. If you look at those numbers, disrespecting the opposing major party is tantamount to disrespecting HALF the population of the country you claim to love. Not sure how that works in the grand scheme of things.
PeteC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old September 4th, 2008, 02:49 PM   #15
BLT REXXX
Senior Member
 
BLT REXXX's Avatar
 
Join Date: 07-17-07
Location: Garden City
Posts: 146
iTrader: (1)
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Send a message via AIM to BLT REXXX
Default

I agree, I think the best route to take is respect all parties. I may not agree with what you support, but it's time to keep our mouths shut. Americans are divided into these different parties by ideals and beliefs for the soul purpose of HAVING them. The point wasn't to start violent disagreement. If everyone thought the same, it would be hard to respect anybody because it would be apparent that nobody has a mind of their own. And quite honestly, this ridicule is completely ignorant! Who's mind are you going to change by physically or verbally hurting someone? Nobody has that sort of power or influence over anyone else.
BLT REXXX is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply
Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest > General 4x4 Stuff > Politics, Government, or Religion Chat

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -5. The time now is 11:26 PM.


Powered by: vBulletin, Copyright 2000 - 2012, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
User Alert System provided by Advanced User Tagging (Lite) - vBulletin Mods & Addons Copyright © 2014 DragonByte Technologies Ltd. Runs best on HiVelocity Hosting.
Page generated in 0.36843 seconds with 65 queries