Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4

1K views 13 replies 5 participants last post by  upwings 
#1 ·
Not sure I want to inverst the time or money in fixing this just to sell it. I thought I'd see if there was any interest.

1997 Ford Explorer XLT 4X4
less than 95,000 miles

Ran great a couple years back. The brake lines went and I never got them fixed. Now the truck won't start, I suspect fuel pump as it will run with starter fluid.

Let's start with $2000, any takers???

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Crawl under it and smack the gas tank with a dead blow hammer a few times. Have some one turn the key on and listen for the fuel pump, if you dont hear it smack it with the dead blow until you do.
The 99 explorer I drove for a winterbeater this year had the same problem. I put around 12,000 miles on it since I broke the fuel pump loose with a piece firewood in the sellers lawn.

#4 ·
About 2 years for the brakes. It did run until late last fall. I tried to start it periodically to keep the battery charged. When I tried to start it in January it wouldn't. Didn't need the car so I wasn't going to try to do too much in the cold.

#7 ·
Are you offering parts of yours?? :thumb:

I had these pics on the computer already. Not much has changed, but it didn't ever leave me stranded. Just quit driving it when the rear line blew. The front went moving it around in the yard.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.