Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

this not good

56K views 365 replies 115 participants last post by  chevyk10 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
somy gf called me today to say she is going to have a kid oh crap this sucks i dont have money for this so how do i tell my dad:(

#332 ·
holy Crap look what all I have missed

First off Farm_boy any updates, did you Man up and tell the rents yet?

2nd telling him he needs to use a condom is a bit to late...

3rd like has been stated start buying diapers and formula now when its on sale Because you will need it and when the baby gets here you will be really broke and will need state or grandparents aide and thats not cool

4th if you work hard and you and the GF stick it out get hitched and strive for a better life things can go wrong...

did stan hit the nail on the head about screwing up 3 lives...yep there first few years at a minimum unless they hit the lotto is going to be tight and really suck so yes all 3 are going to suffer... dose it meen they can't have a good life Nope just a harder one then if they would have got married and a house then had a kid...

So proof them wrong fram-boy and doo good with this as you now have 2 other people to deal with

#334 ·
ok update is that the parents kwone thay toke it well i am workinmg two jobs and sold my jeeps got a 500 dollor truck s10 to drive and trying to make money to pay for the kid and rent need a place to live working 2nd on hillside farm also feeding calves and beding cows for dad 4 to9 am and then 2 to 12 pm

#337 ·
Farm Boy, your doing right.

I was in a very similiar situation 15 years ago. She was just 18 as was I. We are now divorced, but I have two children, 15 and 12. Believe me it was and still is tough, nothing I have done has tested me like being a parent. There is no reward without great trial, and yes it is worth every once of struggle. Trust me on this, you will not regret having a kid.

My kids both love to wheel, they travel with me, both help work on the Jeep, pack for our wheelin trips. When we get there they help on the trail; guide traffic, run for parts and tools, make lunch and help clean up. My son, he is a carbon copy of his old man, (scares the shit out of me) His tastes are getting very expensive, he has a fine taste in offroad parts and fabrication. My daughter, well, she tests every boundry that I set for her, pushs everything and every one to the limits, and tries to find the weak spots. Testing everything, always. She tries me more than anything or anyone ever has. I would not trade them for anything, nothing. Trials and tests aside, they made me who I am today, I am proud of my "mistake" as others called it, man up and you will be too.

In short, they are my world.

Congrats on your future, :thumb:

Randy

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.