Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

just got done polishin the ol' cr frame

3K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  dfm_13 
#1 ·
I just finished up polishing the frame on my 2004 crf250r, let me know what you guys think.

this was a little less than half done

sub frame all done

goin back together

i cant decide if i should do the swing arm or not too, what do you guys think?

and the fleet, (the 450 isnt ours)

See less See more
#13 ·
like i said i ride for fun, i have got the bike up to 80. i have been riding since about the age 6 or so. For just being a recreational rider i think i do pretty well. I keep up with 450s in the trails, but that's in the trails i have only been on a track a hand full of times, so idk how that would go if i was actually racing.

#16 ·
I think it looks good, and the up keep really ain't hard to do, just keep a.coat of mothers on it and ur good to.go, my buddy did every inch of his crotch rocket, pegs, levers ect, and it looks awesome, after seeing him do it I did the same to my jeep rims and I liked the out come, I would do your swingarm too, make it shine!!!

Plus what else are you gonna do in the middle of winter...

As far as people don't getting why you did it, is like asking people why they put a custom paint job on a mud bogger, or drag car, or anything your gonna go beat the snot out of ...

Because you want it too look good, and take pride in your ride!! Some people don't have a taste for custom stuff while others do!!

#20 ·
Looks good, gunna look like pooh unless you re-polish after every wash though, i took the time when i did the frame off on my Banshee to sand and polish everything aluminum on it except the case and cylinders, admittedly i was lazy and didnt keep up on it so it looks like i didnt do it at all now.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.