Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

silver lake area 4x4 poker run.(west side pig gig!)this sat-7th

7K views 118 replies 27 participants last post by  CheapThrillB2 
#1 · (Edited)
our club sand and swamp and chrystal valley care fund is putting on a 4x4 poker run oct 7th. sign up is 8-12. i am doing a map with check points, we leave from chrystal valley go your own way to each check point. back to the bar buy 5. pig roast and beer tent afterwards. we will have a drawing for free stuff. all vehicles welcome. must be street legal. i will post directions for those who need them. this is 10 minutes east of the dunes. exellent trails and all around fun so dont miss it! will have some hills if you want to try and mud if desired.all legal 2 tracks. there will now be a band in the beer tent after the run! 10 dollars a vehicle and you get pig roast after with sign up. monroe exit off 31 go east 8 miles to the stop turn left 1 mile bar on the left.

#3 ·
i will have a detailed map of the area you will get when you sign up.if you have a gps you could put some info in to save for another trip!

#6 ·
FORD FLARESIDE said:
Sounds good,......I have a cabin, just north of Crystal Valley, so I have a place to stay Saturday Night.

Let me see if I cant get a few more people to go to it, from my neck of the woods.
where is your cabin? i have 80 acres 3 miles north of chrystal valley i live 2 miles from there. there is lots of trails around this area, just need to know where to go.

#9 ·
first year for the event. myself and the owner of the bar are putting this together. directions are monroe exit off 31, it's the next exit north off the hart silver lake exit. go east on monroe road about 6 miles you will come to a stop sign turn left go 1 mile and chrystal valley bar is on the left.i will have a detailed map of where to go on the run. you will get that when you sign up.it is 10 dollars a vehicle for the run and all money is donated to a care fund. there will be a pig roast after with a beer tent behind the bar. i will have more info later.

#13 ·
if anyone needs a place to stay my cabin is 2 miles north of the bar and they are more then welcome to stay. trailjunkie you suck!! hope to see you on the next ride.

#15 ·
we will be doing a pre run soon. if anyone is intrested let me know.will be on a sunday.

#17 ·
gotsand? said:
erin, there is a club meeting this sunday right? I hope and plan on making it!
yea sunday at 5pm.schizlotties.

#20 ·
i spent alot of time with bill the owner of the bar tues night and he has a big banner made, is also having a band for the beer tent. so he is totally into this! he also has 2 jeeps and cant wait to go on the run. we did a little pre run that night and he has never been down some of the trails i took him down.i also have a new dent in my truck now! i think we will do the pre run on the 30th or the first. i will talk to the other guys in the club sunday to conferm the date.

#21 ·
Trail_Fanatic said:
I'd be Interested in the pre run.
pat you are too big of a violator, i cant go anywhere with you. just kiddin, you can probobly ride with me pat if you dont have wheels.

#23 ·
KaiserJeep said:
(off topic) what did you end up doing for a tire on the trailer... use some of the air from stef's head...lol :tonka:
i left it there after breaking the tire down on the side of the road buy hand (fun).and my spare idea didnt work.so just went and picked it up last night and put a new tire on.

#25 ·
Trail_Fanatic said:
Do you have enough volunteers to help you out?
yea you pat!!! i think we will have lots of help, but all hands are welcome.

#26 ·
the owner of the bar has been getting alot of intrest on where we are running this.so i will be out for the next few nights getting the map done of the exact trails we are going to run.anyone want to go out for a ride this week let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.