Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

******** SnoFari 2014 - The SoFficial thread ********

Tags
meballs
174K views 2K replies 104 participants last post by  unclebeaner 
#1 · (Edited)

For those who can't view the picture the dates are January 24-25th, 2014

Replying to this thread will not guarantee you a spot. You must mail a registration form postmarked no sooner than November 1st, 2013

Entries will be placed into a raffle style selection process based on postmark date. Last year we received over 80 entries on November 1st.

SnoFari is a family oriented Winter trail-ride that takes place on state land in and around the West Branch, Mi area. It is open to all makes and models of licensed four-wheel drive vehicles. We host a banquet dinner on Saturday night and give away TONS of awesome prizes during the raffle. The event is sanctioned by the Great Lakes Four Wheel Drive Association.

CLICK HERE FOR REGISTRATION FORM

And here we go, in absolutely no particular order:

1. Becky Lewis
2. Steve Smith
3. Jamie Bachman
4. Pat Beldock
5. Mark & Paula Saxton
6. Justin Wade
7. John Cutcher
8. Paul Smith
9. Corey Emens
10. Ken Johnson
11. Jim Valleau
12. Michael Branch
13. Nick Rudolph
14. Mark Collier
15. Tom Parks
16. Dennis Patow
17. James Robbins
18. John Ramos
19. Brian Trempe
20. Mike Miller
21. Robin Richert
22. Jeremy Richert
23. Jim Frisch
24. Curtis Hargitt
25. Pam East
26. Dave Lindberg
27. Randy Doctor
28. Travis Pike
29. Jerry Bryant
30. Justin Mundy
31. Bill Hein
32. Ryan Gogolen
33. John Sliwinksi
34. Gary Greenway
35. John Curtiss
36. Devon Eyerman
37. Kevin Banister
38. Brian Banister
39. Jason Elrod
40. Daniel Jaros
41. Winston Elrod
42. Jeff Rimisek
43. Andrew Ottjepka
44. Rob Parks
45. Brent Zook
46. Joe Zvonek
47. Jacob Meganck
48. Michael Wade
49. Dan & Martha Wiseheart
50. Joe Ramm
51. Tom Ramm
52. Paul Burleigh
53. Thomas Ramm
54. Eric Jennings
55. Josh Griffin
56. Christina Mathis
57. Chad Mathis
58. Keith Kodet
59. Ron & Jan Alexander
60. Brian Nowitzke
61. Brandon Zanski
62. Jason Zanski
63. Peter Leggio
64. Heather Armstrong
65. Jerome Cox

Please PM me if you have any questions.

See less See more
#1,379 ·
Enjoy the trails, then enjoy the BEST pizza around.

Mr. Mike's Pizza would like to offer special pricing to SnoFari attendees:
2 - Large Pizzas with 3 items each, 2 orders of Pizza Sticks and 2 Quarts of pop for 25.95
Or
2 Medium Supercrust or Chicago style Pizzas, and 2 orders of Pizza Sticks for 23.95

Call Mr. Mike's at (989)345-1818

Prices do not include tax or delivery. SnoFari delivery prices is reduced to $3 delivered to the Super8 or Quality.

Have fun and be safe. If this post is in the wrong area please let me know.

#1,406 ·
60-70 vehicles.
200+ attendees.
Trail runs.
Awards.
Clothing.
Handouts.
Runs going out Friday, Friday night, Saturday.
A banquet bigger than many weddings.

Everyone happy except for One person pissed because they couldn't sign up for the run they wanted?

I was with sofo last night when they were reading the comment cards. Yes, they read them immediately after the banquet. They work for days in advance and days after to make it a great event.

Time to let it go. She owes no one a phone call.

This post has been deleted
#1,408 ·
Moving forward with Oakland county on an ORV park. Things are in the legal stages & once we are through that we will schedule a couple special events this year. Then it moves to land acquisitions & hopefully a full fledged park in the next few years.

It's a very slow process......

#1,412 ·
I want to say thanks to my "tan" group. We had a series of problems, ending with a dead transmission in the largest vehicle in our group deep in the woods. While part of the group was busy earning the "SoGyver" award the rest continued to blindly follow my vertically challenged Jeep into 2+' drifts. Thanks especially to Eric my tail gunner for getting the back half group back safe and sound.

Sent from my XT907 using Tapatalk

#1,415 · (Edited)
60 registered applicants....the trail guides and their sweeps, and the sponsored vendors rigs are not included in the 60.

Registration for Saturdays trail rides starts at 8:30. It clearly stated in the mass email that is sent out prior to the event as well as if you look a few posts up at the paper board outside the registration room, it clearly states 8:30. That sign is outside the room Friday.

With registration, people start waiting in the hall at 8. When the doors open at 8:30 the room is instantly filled. Within 10-15 minutes, I venture to say 90% of the 60 registrants have signed up for their guided trails. With only 10-12 per guided run, certain runs fill up fast. Which is why the wait starts early and fills the hall prior to 8:30.

#1,420 ·
Back to happy fun posts. I had a great time. Thanks to all those who work so hard.

I concede. Renegadeii puts on a better run and is a better leader than me. That's why next year I am referring everyone to his run. He and danimal are more than capable of leading 20-25 rigs..... No problem. :d:

#1,427 ·
I need to get in better shape to pull all that cable lol. On a serious note had a great time, met some great people, and damaged a lot of body panels thanks to danimal and renegade lol. Huge thanks to all the sponsors along with the sofo people for making it happen. I will be back next year.:rock:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.