Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner
29K views 396 replies 75 participants last post by  jmw55018 
#1 · (Edited)
Getting my heads milled here. Proabably gonna run like 12.1 Compression. Should be pushin around 450 out of my T.A. after this.:woot::woot:

#228 ·
So I guess I lied about the tire lifting off the ground. Well I didnt lie. Thats what I thought. I asked my dad today and he fuck no that never happend but the car did run 13.60s on slicks. So sorry about the argueing. I was wrong. Im kinda glad I was wrong though because now I know theres not anything major wrong with teh car if it did do that.lol.

#238 ·
Just got my car running. Im runnin on 113 octane and pushing 13.1 compression is what the speed shop said they did. They put my car on there new dyno and it pushed 543 Ft pounds of torque and 601 Horse power. Looks like I need some frame ties.

#241 ·
Hahaha im just messin with you guys. I ended up not even wasting my money to get the heads checked for warping when I realized they were steel and not alluminum. So I decided to put the car back together all to spec and see if its still messing up. I already tried fixing the headgasket once but accidently used thread locker on the head bolts. So it all messed up and only torqued down to about 40 foot pounds. So I reused those head gaskets and did everything right with liquid teflon(molyrite, pstd,etc) and used new header and intake gaskets with rtv on the edges and now she runs pretty good. My friends going to teach me how to "power time" the car in a little bit. Timing is still a little off. But no more blown gaskets!!:woot::woot: Feels good to accomplish something. Haha. Took us from 6:30pm last night to about 5:00 this morning to do both head gaskets. Valve lash took forever to do. Pluse my buddys take a damn 10 minute cigarette brake ever hour lol

#255 · (Edited)
This has turned into one of those epic topics that will eventually make it around every forum on the intraweb, I love knowing that it originated on GL4x4. :sonicjay:

AJ, I would love to race your car with my truck, nothing crazy...just a crew cab 4x4 F-250 with a tuner, you said it ran a 13.6...so you should have absolutely no problem with me. We really need to set up a test and tune day at Milan this summer.

#256 ·
This has turned into one of those epic topics that will eventually make it around every forum on the intraweb, I love knowing that it originated on GL4x4. :sonicjay:

AJ, I would love to race your car with my truck, nothing crazy...just a crew cab 4x4 F-250 with a tuner, you said it ran a 13.6...so you should have absolutely no problem with me. We really need to set up a test and tune day at Milan this summer.

Stop throwing out offers for deisels. Thats stupid. With a little money deisels kick ass.

#258 ·
Idiots act like your be smooth saying, "o its just a van" or "O its just a deisel" or you should smoke me" damnit shut up already. Your not smooth. Actually your basically just telling me you have a faster car and you look stupid. Your all also a lot older than I am.

#262 ·
I only have a few years on you, and really my truck isn't fast. I just dont think your car will run near what you think it will...so my 8000+ lb truck on 38" mud tires may be a good match for it.

Well I dont really care what you think. When this motor was first in the car it ran a 13.60. So shut up you dont know my car. It ran that time unless the track was all messed up. Also, your psd with a tuner will run like a raped ape. And im only 19.

#279 ·
Yea and I bet everything you own is really slow. Is that why you have a turtle as your avatar? or is that just something that resembles your girlfriend?
Because if that turtle resembles your girlfriend, I've been bangin the wrong chick.

#284 ·
a.j. hall ♥ Toyotas;1535219 said:
Tell me how my car is a pile? your wife didnt think so. She seems to always climb on in without thinking twice. I was going by what my uncle said in the video. Shit, I havent watched the video in since I was like 12. I bet when you were twelve you believed everything your dad and uncle told you.

Tell you what. You're more than welcome to come pick up my wife in your bad ass car anytime you want. Only one thing though, she's read this thread and not only does she know more about engines than you, she also wasn't thrilled with your last remark. So if you can talk her into getting in your car after she beats the fuck out of you, more power to ya.

So your dad and uncle are liars too? Is that what you're saying?

#285 ·
Tell you what. You're more than welcome to come pick up my wife in your bad ass car anytime you want. Only one thing though, she's read this thread and not only does she know more about engines than you, she also wasn't thrilled with your last remark. So if you can talk her into getting in your car after she beats the fuck out of you, more power to ya.

So your dad and uncle are liars too? Is that what you're saying?
hahahahahahahaha pshhhhh

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.