Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Cat-back systems?

1K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  JellyBelly 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a cat-back system for my TJ. In looking at the aftermarket I see that Dynomax is significantly cheaper than the other brands.

Is there a reason for that? Are they lower quality parts that just won't last as long?

Is there any brand that stands above the rest in terms of longevity and quiet?

#5 ·
When I was looking for a catback system for my Camaro, I looked at several dyno tests of different brands / systems. The Dynomax systems always had damn near the best gains with low or lowest system cost.

I have had their parts on four vehicles now and had no problems with any of them.

The only advantage I ever saw was that a Flowmaster could be dragged across all sorts of bad things and never leak or tear. I still have never bought one. The kit on my XJ now is the generic Jegs product, and it isn't half bad. For the price I paid, I'm VERY pleased with it. It came with big mandrel bends on aluminized pipe, and the same Dynomax muffler that Dyno has in its kit. Just the clamps and mounts left something to be desired. (They sucked)

Banks stuff is nice, but I just can't justify the expense for most of my vehicles.

#11 ·
i hvae had severl issues with gibson when i was selling there product. eveything for customer service to warenty issues. always had great luck with magna flow and borla. i have also used the jegs stuff. decent product, but, the fit and hangers leave something to be desired. flowmaster is nice, but, its not stainless. overall the exhust systems i have used bassini was the best, but, i doubt they make anything for a jeep.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.