Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Gilbert Brothers Motorsports 618* update on 12-30-14

39K views 295 replies 48 participants last post by  chevotass 
#1 · (Edited)
This is our little old jeep that we are racing in the trec series and also planning on racing at twisted trails to try it out

updates before the first race include
- new motor mounts
- new track bar
-HID light kits (4 on roof light bar and 2 on the bumper
- spare tire carrier
- new dash board with intercom and race radio
- install parker pumpers
- new 31*10.50 goodyear tires mtr kevlars (thanks to deweys auto and goodyear)
- new XRF ball joints from deweys auto
- 4:88 gears and install kits
- 1 ton steering
- vented rotors
- and whole bunch of maintenance im forgetting

Its just a stripped down xj with around 3 inches of lift running 2.5x10 fox shocks all the way around, stock axles(per rules) with a full cage and engine cage.

IM going to try and keep a log of updates here that we do to the jeep through out the season.

See less See more
#46 ·
all has been through tech, bumpers they are very vague on the rules larry the tech inspector has pics and has been reading this thread, i can show you other c class rigs that are just as done up as this one.

b class is a whole new ball game

long arms
v8
coil overs
any axle choice.

#49 ·
having brake issues. i think it may be the master i have bleed the brakes countless times and adjusted the rears a few times and still cant get the pedal to feel and work properly, it just goes to the floor with very little stopping power

hopefully i can get them worked out first thing in the morning other wise it might be a long day trying to get them fixed and ready to head to Indiana tomorrow

#62 ·
were you one of the few finishers..i heard most of the class broke.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.