Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Kyle M. Ranger Truggy, rebuilt again - Revision 4

345K views 3K replies 162 participants last post by  Mr. Beefy 
#1 · (Edited)
I like to share what I am doing, like to take pictures, and I don't know about you guys, but I love lookin at em too.

SO here is my build, It is well underway, but here is the cut and pasted to date version.

So here goes, a 93 X cab, 4.0, 5 speed, Booger green as my Wife and kids call it, that is where the name comes from. A 6" suspension lift via rough country drop brackets, 6" skyjacker coils in the front and a chevy 63", 7" shackel and I replaced the factory lift block with a lift block, same height but had correction in it for pinion angle. And a 2" body lift....

At this point it was still serving DD and weekend wheeling duties, I was running 35's with 4.88 gears, trac lock rear, open front. It did pretty good, but I was ready to start making some changes....then this happend 6/18/10

So at that point it was time to come up with a new plan. I have already been wanting to do a SAS with my EB D44 so I figure there is no better time than now.

So the hunt began for a new "parts" truck that I could use the frame, front clip and a few other parts from. I decided I wanted to shorten my wheel base so I started looking for a regular cab truck. With just under a week of looking I found this beauty, a 93 4 poper flatbed

She's cute huh? Good shape in all the right spots. Runs like a top, drove it home and I only gave $450 for it....gonna part it out to get some of my money back.

So the plan is to use that frame, use my X cab and that front clip. As far as the bed goes, maybe a bob, maybe a truggy. All my motor and trans are going on the 2wd frame....should be a fun truck.

Anyways, on for the progress, got my 44 in the garage and started the tear down

Then I started to order SAS parts....got a set of Fox 16" air shocks coming, a few heims, picked up my 2" OD X.250 tube to extend the radius arms and some 1.250" OD X.250 tube from my track bar and drag link. Ordered some 4.88 gears today and some 7* radius arm bushings. I am going to go a pick up my disk brake set up for my 44 sometime soon too. I got lots of work to do!

Here are some pictures of the my smashed truck...

See less See more
#426 ·
#432 ·
Not gonna be that way much longer, the way I am gathering parts I might be gearing up to start a swap here in the next couple of months.

I picked up a C6 today, working on a deal for a 205. I also got a pair of hubs to swap out my DRW hubs. I also picked up another 14 bolt complete with 4.10 gears.

I pulled the motor out of the stang today so that part is done, sold off most of the other parts so I have a little money to play with.

So my line up right now will be a 5.0 into a C6 into a 205 with a 60 front and 14 bolt rear. I have all of it minis the case. All of this look ok, any other suggestions? I am thinking of running 5.38 gears, locked front, welded rear. I will do a disk brake swap on the rear before it goes in, just not sure if I will swap gears now or later. Also, debating on the front, I have found a good deal on a set of non chromo 35 spline outters and some drive flanges, or should I just run the stock 30 spline ones and hubs till the go then upgrade?

Enlighten me, if it was yours, how would you do it?

#436 ·
i ran my stock outers until i broke them then upgraded.but if you have the money do it while it is apart and then you will have no worries.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.