Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

Anybody miss the forums?

16K views 157 replies 40 participants last post by  Jrgunn5150 
#1 ·
I do[emoji20]

Damn social media killed them, bring em back!

I remember sitting on pirate for hours on end checking out cool builds

#93 ·
It will be fun at cruise nights since so few people even know what a Pontiac OHC looks like.

Hell, last night at Dooley's in Roseville, a guy showed up in a 36 Plymouth pickup with a 340 in it. Refreshing to see something other that a small block Chevy.

#124 ·
@Bones

That would involve me spending the time and or effort to take photos and write captions and shit. That, and building bikes isn't really all that exciting, no one here would really appreciate the difference between one part or the other and why I chose to put it on which bike for which races.

On the other hand, I have spent nearly every weekend since the 4th of july on the road racing bikes and seeing cool shit. On the few weekends I wasn't on the road we did a local bike race or took the kids to the BMX track.

It's been a pretty good summer. :beer:

#128 ·
Facebook sucks
I love the forums and I'm sad they are dying
Tapatalk makes this as easy as Facebook
Sbc swaps piss me off
That is all

#136 ·
The advantage to SBC I've always heard is that your grandmother can bolt one together that makes 400hp. :teehee:

In other words, performance parts are cheap and plentiful compared to the other guys, with the exception of the 5.0 Ford.

I can tell you this, it gets pricey quick building a Mopar.

#138 ·
The LS this and LS that is a disappointment in my opinion. Yes, they are the refined standard sbc but why is everyone and their brother putting them in anything that has wheels. Probably brought on by the extremely rust prone last two generations of chevy trucks resulting in a ton of LS motors in junk yard.

I can see it coming the LS swap into a JK up on black rock start wheels, 35 mud terrains with its full width led light bar over the window. There will be 40 of them parked at the mall.

I rather see a 2-71 Detroit diesel powered trail buggy come screaming through the woods. Now that would be a sight.

I may do vehicle electrical systems for a living but I'll take a mechanical fuel pump and carb over injection any time any day for a woods vehicle. I am just old school I guess. :beerbang::beerbang::beerbang:

#140 ·
I have a Ford fuel pump feeding my buggy LS and a jeep pump feeding my jeep LS.

For the investment I have into both swapping my 351/c6 in my buggy to 5.3/4L60E. And my jeep from 4.0L to 5.3/4L65E, I couldn't have gone any other way for as cheap or for the increase in power I got. I couldn't of had a solid rebuild on my 351 for what I invested into my swap.

#144 ·
I'm having issues with my 4.7 heads in my WJ. I'm looking at either buying reman heads, or having my heads rebuilt at local machine shop. Both options are $800- $1000 total.

I was just saying to myself that if this was a SBC, I have about 4 sets of heads in the barn to chose from I could throw on.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.