Great Lakes 4x4. The largest offroad forum in the Midwest banner

1999 built tj

4K views 15 replies 5 participants last post by  slimwipler 
#1 ·
Thanks to Nic for showing me there is a website for Michigan off-roaders. I copied the post from Pirate, the link: 99 Wrangler Dynatrac 60's/Atlas/37's - Pirate4x4.Com Bulletin Board There are some pictures up on there, thanks to Kyle from T.C.

I moved from Arizona to Boyne City, Michigan and thought I would be able to use the jeep here, but its just too much jeep for the very little rocks here. (I don't do MUD) I would like to mention that I drove this jeep as a daily driver for 6 months and it handles and drives better than a stock jeep. Will go 70mph down the highway. My girlfriend even drives it with no complaints. I have over 40k in receipts not including the jeep its self.

Chassis: Rubicon Express long arm lift kit with 4.5" and 5.5" springs for the rear with 5 way clicker Rancho shocks. Custom Tri-angulated 4 link rear. (NO REAR TRAC BAR) Poly Performance hoop coil over conversion for the front with external res. King Coil overs.

Axles: Dynatrac trail 60's front and rear both with 35 spline 4.88, ARB's, and Alloy shafts. The rear is semi-float. They both have dynatrac diff covers. CO2 runs the lockers and has stainless steel airlines

Motor: 4.0L that has an aluminum head, the original motor was taken out for a V-8 swap but former owner decided not to do it so he had Five Star engines out of Phoenix, AZ build this motor. The engine has less than 5,000 miles on it, and the entire jeep has just less than 40,000 miles. (Have receipts of engine build)

Transmission: First ever AW4 swap done to a TJ. Stu Olson of www.stu-offroad.com did the swap and you can check it out on his website if interested.

Transfer case: Atlas 5.0 with the upgraded 32 spline input and output shafts.

Drive shafts: Tom Woods front and rear drive shafts.

Steering: PSC hydro assist steering with solid aluminum cross over steering setup

Sway bar: Teraflex quick lock disconnects, very easy and locks its self back in.

Armor: Steering box skid, engine skid, Kilby gas tank skid, poison spyder rear quarter 3/16" with led lights, poison spyder rocker guards, poison spyder front fenders and (not pictured is custom tube rear fenders. Front and rear bumpers are toys by troy.

Recovery: 9.5ti winch with synthetic line, 48" high lift, warn recovery kit (tree saver, strap, snatch block, gloves)

Storage: Rear seat was taken out and large lock box was put in its place for tools, recovery gear, and lunch

Interior: Mastercraft Baja seats with Mastercraft 5pt harnesses, bolt on cage by Toys by Troy that ties into floor. Carpet still sits in the jeep and is in great shape. Stock radio and cassette, with a sound bar. A/C, cruise all work.

Tires: 2 sets of 5... On jeep now is 37/12.50/15 Iroks radials 4 @ 95% 1@100% Goodyear MTR's also 37/12.50/15 with discount tire warranty. 2@98% 2@80% and 1@50%. Only one sets of wheels and they are Mickey Thompson classic II's 15x8"

Extra's: Soft top (has some holes) bikini top, full hard doors, 2 piece soft doors, uni chip programmer, and spare parts. 2500lb Warn ATV front suck down winch.

The Bad: Nothing is really bad, but wants to mention the windshield frame has a dent in it and the windshield is cracked. The jeep needs a paint job, the front fenders are black and the new not pictured rear tubes fenders are also black. That really isn’t all bad just wanted to mention it.

I am willing to meet half way with the jeep for the cost of fuel. This jeep is 100% perfect mechanically. Needs nothing to go out and be one of the top out on the trail. I have wheeled mostly with buggies (AZ) and everyone thinks it’s a mostly stock jeep and that it’s going to hold the group up, but most of the time I was waiting for others.

Price: $16,500 obo

See less See more
#11 ·
Yeah! I have the black TJ on 33's that drove by a lot, with the loud as hell exhaust (glass pack). I've wanted to hit some trails with the owner of that jeep for a while. I also liked those toys you guys were driving around town in, I saw one come up in my rear view mirror and scared the shit out of me.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.